Interest Check: Mutants and Masterminds

I was actually going to bring that up at the conclusion of this issue. Right now alt powers only add weight as a power feat, one pound per. Pirate came to me with the idea that alt powers should count for half power weight. That will require me reworking sheets a little.

Does that sound fair to everyone?

Sounds good to me

I guess that’s fine, I honestly have no idea.

Fine by me, I suppose. I assume it’ll make Emma’s numbers go weird because of the Shrink power, but I have no clue how much. I’m almost curious just to see how they do change.

That sounds good to me, I’ve got no plans for alternate powers currently but I expect that’ll change soon enough.

Participants in the second campaign, we are now live.

Yep, I totally forgot that Candace was there!

Also, should we allocate more points before the next chapter resumes?

Yes! Thanks for reminding me. Six power points all around, bumping your totals to 45 and raising the the power level to 4.

We’ll be back after a short break while I plot and retool the sheets for the alt-power weight rules we talked about.

Cool, I’ll do most of mine now and then fill out the alternate power when you’ve retooled the sheet.

We were distracted! Anyone would be distracted by aliens and mobsters! ;D

I know about where I want to spend my points, I’ll do some now and possibly some after the new sheet format is ready. Fun stuff!

I threw my new points into my sheet last night, but I can redo it once the updates are in. I think I threw my alternate power in kinda awkwardly before anyway, so that probably needs to be done nicer now that it matters.

This is me testing out the rolling code to make sure I don’t futz it up in the game thread proper:
[blockquote]Test roll #1:
1d20+3 : 14 + 3, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Test roll #1 but there are two dice:
1d20+1 : 18 + 1, total 19
Rolled 1d20+2 : 6 + 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Huh, I wasn’t aware you could do multi-line with /roll. Neat!

Neither was I, so that’s why I came in here to toy with it. It looks something like this:

[ roll]{This is the line in front of the first roll: } 1d20+1, {This is the line in front of the second roll: } 1d20+2 [/roll]

[blockquote]This is the line in front of the first roll: 1d20+1 : 17 + 1, total 18
This is the line in front of the second roll: 1d20+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote]

You can also throw in a line break, it’ll put the label and the roll on different lines.

[ roll]{Attack against the darkness: } 1d20-3[/roll]

[blockquote]Attack against the darkness:
1d20-3 : 14 - 3, total 11[/blockquote]

Yar har, beep boop, how’s everything going with our group? Just wanted to touch base.

All good on my end, just waiting out the break

Hey, sorry, redoing the sheets is taking a little more time than expected and RL got a little hectic for a couple days. We’re looking at a new Issue on Friday.

No problem, RL is a hectic place. Just wanted to make sure everyone was still on board and check in, I’ll look forward to it whenever you can get around to it.

Awesome, looking forward to starting up the new issue.

Sheets have been updated with the new weight rules for alternate powers. I put the difference between your pre-change and post-change power weights in the Temp Weight field at the top, instead of just adding it straight to your weight field, to give you an idea of the impact. If you want to do some point reshuffling in light of that, be my guest.

I’ll get a story post up later tonight.