Interest Check: Mutants and Masterminds

Actually, Shrinking costs 1 point per rank instead of Growth’s 2, so you can get 8 ranks of Shrinking out of your 4 ranks of Growth. That’s enough to get you down to Tiny!

Is it ok if I grab summon minion rank 2 with edible,fanatical,distracting. If I do grab it I would create a sheet for it

Oh, I know, but I wanted to take Normal Strength so it could actually be useful in combat. It’s annoying because it will slow how small she can get to half as fast, but also means that itty bitty Emma can still have insane carrying capacity.

That should be fine as long as you don’t go crazy with the Progression feat. One or two minions that you have to focus on maintaining is completely reasonable.

Any preferred character traits or quirks? Edible fanatical minions are potentially an RP goldmine.

Oh, I know, but I wanted to take Normal Strength so it could actually be useful in combat. It’s annoying because it will slow how small she can get to half as fast, but also means that itty bitty Emma can still have insane carrying capacity.[/quote]

Ah. If you’re just worried about the body weight rules, I’m going to rule that any body weight you can handle while normal sized is equally manageable while shrunk, since it’s all shrinking with you. But carrying other things and the strength bonus to damage would still be an issue.

You could take an Action flaw on it so it takes a move action to use instead of a free one, that would balance out Normal Strength, and you could buy it off later. And in character, it would make sense if pushing your new power in the other direction took a little longer at first.

I,m planning to make it a construct In the likes of the objects she creates. But if you want to make it a character I can do so

Construct is fine, just wanted to give you the option.

Here’s a character sheet. It will probably take a few modifications to match the construct rules, but we can clear that up later.

Oh, right, I always forget that increasing the action goes from free to move for growth and shrink. For some reason I always end up thinking I can only change things from continuous to sustained. I was thinking of her keeping normal strength for attacking and just the hilarity of tiny her throwing massive things. Hadn’t really considered how it would interact with her weight.

Any chance I can change her growth to be that also? It always seems like something that shouldn’t be instant anyway. And then she could go up to large size and down to tiny.

Go for it. That would also effectively double your Growth rank (putting you at Huge).

Isn’t it 4 ranks per size? She only has 2 so far, so doubling would just make her actually large mechanically as opposed to just flavor-wise. Also, does the limit to attack and damage apply before or after size penalties?

Ah, right, I thought it was 2 for some reason.

The limit applies after, so you could theoretically go overboard on Attack and Defense to balance it out if you don’t mind it not applying completely when you’re normal sized.

Oooh level up! I’ve been a bit busy last few days, been at Gen Con doin’ fun stuff so posting schedule is weird. Chapter 1 was fun, gotta think of what points I want… probably gonna spend two for a rank of magic, not sure about the other two, maybe an attack up, or stats, or teleport… so many choices! Constructs sound fun - inspired by our fight with ‘Awakener’ at all?

Yeah… Shrink without Normal Strength would have already knocked her shrunken strength down to 1. Also, forgot that base cost for Growth is 4, so making it a move action lets me add in 1 extra rank with just adding another PP to it. Sadly she can’t quite hit large size yet. Definitely spending my 4 points to add another rank to Protection(Impervious), +1 Melee Attack, the extra point PP into Growth, and Shrink as an alternate feat.

Also, if it’s alright I’m going to drop the action for Shrink down to Standard. I don’t think it’s something that will really be used in the middle of combat where a move vs. standard action will really make a difference. Mostly the thought of 3 inch tall Emma vs. 1 foot tall Emma sounds funnier and like it has more RP potential. If it makes you feel any better, Heavy, I don’t plan on any of the crazy stuff for alternate dimensions and squeezing through walls that comes with 20 ranks. If I do end up deciding it sounds good in the future, I’ll buy back up to a move action first.

All those changes should be on my sheet as it stands atm, but I can change anything back if it’s not okay.

Alright, I think I’m just gonna boost Magic and Teleport a rank each. I hadn’t planned to put more points in Teleport so soon, but I realized I kiiiinda overestimated the rang of the extended-range teleport, which was only 1000 ft at rank 3, rank 4 puts it up to a mile and is much more in-line with the kind of flavor stuff I was using it for. Once it’s at a more comfortable spot for city-commuting purposes I’ll probably stop sinking points into it, and grab some stats, skills, or attack ups instead. But this will work for now.

One think I was kind of curious about the long-range version was that it can only be used to teleport to places “you can accurately sense or know especially well (in the GM?s judgment).” I’d like to be able to use this to jump in as backup if Mia gets a phone call from a buddy, but this requires having a few spots around the city that she knows particularly well as waypoints. Food places maybe, if you’re okay with it? :wink: If it helps, she does have the Eidetic Memory feat, so being especially familiar with places would be a pretty easy requirement to meet.

Looking good!

Waypoints work fine, and I’ll probably accept pictures as accurate enough as long as they’re recent.

I am just putting the finishing touches on my minion would you mind checking if everything is correct.

Hmm. Minions are subject to power level restrictions too, so I’d advise either dialing Blast back to rank 6 (so each Split attack doesn’t surpass a +3 damage bonus) or buying a second level of Split Attack (allowing you to split it 3 times). Same goes for Fatigue.

And some points towards Toughness wouldn’t go amiss, either, but that’s more advice than a rules thing.

Thanks

And we’re back.

Ooh! Initiate hype!

And now to actually go read the post!

INITIATING HYPE

LOADING ANTICIPATION…

PREPARING EXCITEMENT…

COMPILING ENTHUSIASM…

beep
HYPE FULLY LOADED, COMMENCE OPERATIONS