Interest Check: Mutants and Masterminds

Hmm. I’d advise rounding down to even numbers. Odd numbers in ability scores are kind of a waste, and that’ll give you four points to play with. You’ll probably want some points in Melee Attack to make it easier to hit people, and Defense so you can dodge things. You’ll probably be okay on Toughness with the bonuses you’ll get from Density.

There we go, I think.

Is it good, or does it need some more work?

There are a couple tweaks that could be made (you went over the point limit [points spent are tracked on the top of the sheet]), but there are more points coming at the end of the issue, so I’ll hold my nitpicking until then.

But overall, it’s good? Also I fixed the points, I assumed that the Melee and Defense bonuses were only one point each.

Is it good, ready to use, or does it still need some adjustments?

Oh, yes, it loos good.

Sweet! Just tell me when there’s a chance to get in there, and I’ll be there!

Oh, Snivy, could I get some backstory? I don’t need a novel or anything, but a paragraph or so covering personality and day job will make it easier for me to get you into the story.

Oh, sure!

Looking at the main story… Would there even be a good point for me to join in? It looks like things have gone quite far along in it…

We do time skips between each issue, there’ll be a lull you can jump in at.

The nice thing about a super hero setting is that “And then ____ shows up and fights the bad guys” is not only acceptable, but the second most common way heroes meet (right after “They both think the other guy is an enemy, but then team up”).

Sweet, I’ll be awaiting my chance!

(My sheet)

[spoiler]

Samuel was more or less an typical nerdy boy, smart, passionate about his hobbies, a little shy and normally uninterested in sports. In his spare time he would often be seen catching up with the latest science news and current sci-fi franchises, always fascinated by all the different technologies and concepts within the fictional works. In particular he had an interest in Techno-Organic creatures, with their casual merging of biology and technology to insane degrees filling him with awe.

During the event known as the Binge or Change, Sam was one of the people affected. His appetite became near uncontrollable, always stuffing his face with as much fatty food as he could. Over time as he grew dramatically in weight he noticed other changes too. Things her knew made more sense and new ideas were far easier to understand, his body seemed far more cooperative than usual (aside from it’s never ending gluttony that is), growing pains seemed to be non-existent and his clothes always managed to fit him (if only barely), as if they were growing with him to a degree, food was getting easier and easier to digest and stomach, and he wasn’t releasing as much waste as he was before.

By the time he had done changing he was nearly twice his old weight, yet despite nearly being 450 pounds, he didn’t feel that burdened all things considered. And while testing out his new body he noticed some other oddities as well. There were times where he could practically disintegrate things at the touch, he could send thoughts directly to peoples minds, he could manipulate computer systems and even create a shield of energy around him at will. All these powers seemed to tap into his incredible regenerative powers, limiting it for as long as the others were in use.

With this knowledge he set out, determined to use his powers for good and do things he could never do before, and of course grow more powerful over time.

He just needed to make sure he didn’t succumb to his unrelenting gluttony, and half-prayed that he never had to face a feeder while saving others.[/spoiler]

6 players is going to be a really long time between turns. It should be interesting to see how it plays out, also having that many characters might make socializing difficult but I’m sure we will find a way.

Well, I don’t have to play if you think it will complicate things too much.

Sorry about that, everyone. Incognito is joining the next issue with my blessing after hashing out character details in PM. There was just some confusion over which thread to post the character stuff in.

More players does mean more complications, but he put enough work in to convince me he can pull his own weight. That said, this is nearing the upper limit. If someone else wants in, their character pitch will have to make me weep tears of joy.

Looking at the RP… How would my character ‘work’ in terms of a fight?

Have you posted your sheet anywhere Snivy?

Yeah, Heretic has it, and I’m hoping people don’t mess with this…