Just Another Bite! A WIP Minecraft Mod All about stuffing yourself till you're ready to pop!

So you need CPM for the visuals, and I doubt anyone would be here for something besides that, so I’d say it is necessary.

First you have to install 1.18.2 forge. I think it should be in general for any pirated minecraft launcher, you just gotta put the CPM’s JAR file in the “mods” folder, which is located in the same directory as "resourcepacks. Create the “mods” folder if it’s not there. Also you can just try googling “How to install mods in [your pirated minecraft launcher name]”.

Once you have installed CPM, you can create a folder for player models wherever it’s best for you(optional, it’s just easier to navigate models like that). Download models from this topic (it’s possible to make your own or you can modify the ones you download) and put them into your player models folder(you don’t have to). NOTE: Some models can be UUID locked, which means they won’t work in pirated minecraft. You can spot one if it’s endlessly loading and when you select it, it doesn’t apply to you.

Now launch minecraft. Once the game loads up, there should be a “Open skin editor” button in top left. Click it, then open the “File” tab, Load your model, Export, change “Export mode” to “Model”, and export with whatever name you like.

Now you can start a new world (you might want to start with cheats cuz you can get all the Just Another Bite items with them), press G ingame, click Models and select the model you exported, apply it. Boom, congrats, that is all, you are good to go.

i’ve spent too much time figuring this crap out myself

1 Like

Also you can add First Person Model mod, this way you can see your model from first person

1 Like

Hey can it work for normal cpm modes or i need
Some spesific modes

1 Like

I believe it needs specific models to work

1 Like

It doesn’t. You just need to have a model with a value slider named “Oversat” and set to be a command activated animation.

1 Like

That, but the o should be lowercase “oversat”

1 Like

Has it already been suggested to try adding a check for a respawned player to automatically set them back to their starting size, regardless of what caused them to respawn to begin with? If not, that’s the only suggestion of real value I have at the moment… beyond that, great mod so far, can’t wait to see where this one goes from here.

1 Like

You already get set back to 0 when you respawn, dw!

1 Like

Sometimes it gets stuck just eat something and it will fix it

1 Like

while harvesting honeycombs and trying to make a honey farm for crafting foods from this mod, i came up with an idea: how about making so that the bee stings apply blimping effect? This could make the player to be more cautious if they don’t want to lose a bee or two and end up being scraps at the same time

2 Likes

This, having a risk reward factor would be really nice. Maybe a like a radioactive ore or something used to craft stronger weapons. While mining it you slowly fill up so mining a small vein would be safe but trying to mine a larger vein all at once would cause you to pop. You could be in a cave then suddenly start ballooning up and have to search for the ore before you pop.

3 Likes

that could be done to redstone by the way, because it is, presumably, radioactive. Although i think that we’ll soon get the block that inflates the player in it’s proximity, and it may be an ectolamp because it has no use for now. But it’s only my guess

2 Likes

the ecto lamp interracts with the ecto-filled effect, making you grow larger even when outside of the nether. Standing on top of it gives you ecto-filled 6, iirc! you can use it to build elevators.

2 Likes

ooh, i had no idea that it actually has a practical usage, but now it instantly became the best feature for me. Thanks for saying!

1 Like

The mod might need a utility block to allow for quick deflation too, otherwise it would leave the elevator user bloated for quite some time.

1 Like

I’ve been considering a possible balancing feature to help with this mod’s enemies granting hunger and saturation on hit, to keep them from invalidating this mod’s own food items in efficiency and the dangers presented by minecraft’s other hostile mobs. As it is now, it’s a fair bit too easy to run around the overworld at night and gorge yourself on sugar slimes or the attacks of chef illigers without the risk of going boom, especially when you are running on empty from damage.

Bloat, a secondary variable that is added on top of oversat to determine how full the player currently is. Unlike oversat, bloating does not represent excess saturation. Instead, it represents the gasses and other useless materials in the player’s body that only serves to bring them closer to popping, and can even be present when the player is starving. All hostile mobs that give oversat could also give bloat, with about a 50/50 split of bloat to oversat added. In contrast, most foods added by this mod give either no bloat, or very little. This would make the food significantly more useful compared to hostile mobs and justify their costs in comparison to night feasting.

Bloat is lost overtime, steadily decaying every few ticks. It decays faster when sneaking, and there could be a potion of anti-bloat that rapidly removes any bloat the player has. Other than that, it is meant to be more persistent and harder to shed than oversat, as damage does not eat at your bloat. This would make the attacks of the pop threat mobs not invalidate the danger of other hostile mobs, and maybe even enhance them by denying a method of healing through gorging.

I’d appreciate hearing what you guys think of this suggestion.

5 Likes

really nice idea, it’ll make slimes and illager chef a proper threat, not a field medic. Also could be used for traps and overall will make the gameplay alot more interesting by making a brand new way for filling the player without making them almost immortal to physical damage. By the way, i think that it might be funny if the player would be more vulnerable to arrows and other sharp objects the fuller they get, by giving them at a certain capacity a small, but gradually increasing with the player’s fullness, chance to instantly explode when being hit with something sharp

2 Likes

This sounds like a really good idea. The way I understand it, your idea adds complexity to the risk-reward dynamic that the mod’s mobs give you. Normally, killing a mob that stuffs you simply rewards the player with less reliance on food, as they’re oversaturated. Now, you would have to worry about bloating too much which would interrupt oversat.

The biggest foreseeable downside I could imagine is that you would need a separate bar that records how much bloat the player is suffering from, because it would be difficult to tell how bloated you are only from your character’s size, and a potion effect box is too vague for something like that.

4 Likes

GIF_20240317_200444_384

I managed to make another model compatible hehehe~

10 Likes

awesome skin! I really love the dynamic facial expression and multiple parts for the belly so it looks more round and just nice

3 Likes