Hi there! After being inspired by some the text adventures on here, I finally decided to get an idea I’ve had for ages put into action.
This is Kate’s Uni Days. You control Kate, a first year (a “Fresher” as we call them in Britain). She’s had a lazy summer and put on some weight so she’s already self conscious about her expanding waistline.
However, it is your job to see that it does continue to expand, of course.
V3.0 - SEMESTER TWO
- Romance! [Note, there’s no going back once you choose]
- Weight Gain!
- Okay, that’s about it really, but what more do you want?
- Oh, there’s some cool stuff that only happens based on prior choices, so that’s neat, I guess.
[spoiler]V2.1 - The jumper will not automatically be in your wardrobe at Christmas any more.
- Christmas Gift now correctly disappears when giving it to Lily
- Minor typos fixed
- Game will now automatically transport you to your room regardless of whether you get seconds at Christmas dinner.
V2.0 - CHRISTMAS SECTION ADDED
- Relatively small addition with one optional weight boost for Kate
- Choices made in Semester 1 are reflected in this addition
V1.1 - New characters introduced [None are important… yet]
- New items introduced. [Only one is collectable]
- Tightened up a few behind the scenes scripts.
- Added “put” command fail script to help guide people.
V1.0.1 - Meal plan quest can only be completed once now. Debit card can only be retrieved if you don’t have the debit card yet.
- Have removed the option to drop the key items
- You can now use the verb “give” as well as “use” with the items that can be used on people.
V1.0 First Semester - The game takes place at the start of the first semester and your actions dictate what will happen over that semester. The game ends currently at the end of semester one, where you get to see what your actions led to.[/spoiler]
Dynamic Weight - There are a bunch of events that if triggered will cause her weight to be higher at the “end of semester” room at the end.
Interactive Cast - There’s a whole host of people, ranging from your flatmates to the bar man. At the moment I only have included the essential personnel (so that should streamline your experience somewhat!). Some of them will give you hints, some of them have their own secret quests that might lead to different outcomes at the end of the semester…
Multiple Outcomes - As mentioned above, not only will Kate’s end of semester weight depend on your actions, there may be other things unlocked by certain actions during the course of the game.
So that’s basically it. The plan is now to make sure this First Semester is solid before adding a Christmas instalment, followed by the second semester, then Year 2 and Year 3 (will just be full year time lapses). I hope you enjoy and please provide feedback and constructive criticism and especially let me know of any pesky bugs!