Kate's Uni Days

This is seriously awesome! I love all the small variables that add up to one cohesive picture, very well done.

Thanks, man. I’ve followed your work for years now, so it’s a little odd but very cool to get praise from you :stuck_out_tongue:

The “Christmas” instalment is nearly here. All the core storyline & sidequests are fine from a coding point of view, it’s just all the vanity stuff to deal with now.

[quote=“JellyIdol, post:22, topic:1019”]Thanks, man. I’ve followed your work for years now, so it’s a little odd but very cool to get praise from you :stuck_out_tongue:

The “Christmas” instalment is nearly here. All the core storyline & sidequests are fine from a coding point of view, it’s just all the vanity stuff to deal with now.[/quote]

Well I, for one, am very hyped! Can’t wait to see it, friend.

Wait no longer!

V2.0 - CHRISTMAS SECTION ADDED

• Relatively small addition with one optional weight boost for Kate (one mandatory)
  • Choices made in Semester 1 are reflected in this addition

As ever, let me know of any bugs or strange quirks. I have done some testing, but likely to have missed some things :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh hell yes. I don’t have a lot of time to look at it today but I’m very excited for this.

Edit:

Very interesting! I’m curious how many new variables are introduced in the new Christmas ending- as well as what the max. weight is.

This was really good! I loved the pace of it and really enjoy the story so far, really looking forward to more.

195lbs is the max as of the end of Christmas Break. Attempting to keep it semi-realistic :P.

There are three optional triggers for Christmas. 1 for Kate, and 2 for other people.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

What are the optional triggers I think I found them I just want to make sure if you can message me I’d appreciate it other than that very nice work I can’t wait for more

I’m interested in these optional triggers too.

If her weight goes up by 10 then you got Kate’s, and if you have a line of text that references each character that the other two “quests” relate to, then you’ve got them all. (I’ll PM the details, I just wanted a vague non-spoilery answer on here so other people can see)

If her weight goes up by 10 then you got Kate’s, and if you have a line of text that references each character that the other two “quests” relate to, then you’ve got them all. (I’ll PM the details, I just wanted a vague non-spoilery answer on here so other people can see)[/quote]

I’m actually curious as well- I’ve tried various variables in the game and have failed to get past 185, the previous limit.

Typo: The first time you talk to Mel it mentions the menu and “accodomation”.

The jumper will be in your wardrobe at Christmas even if you don’t buy it.

“Christmas gift” will remain in your inventory even after you give it to Lily.

If you don’t wear the jumper to dinner you have to manually walk away from the table, without a hint that you are supposed to return to your room.

Rather than having the command to leave your room after dinner silently fail, it would be nice if there could be descriptive text about how you are too tired.

[quote=“FluffRat, post:32, topic:1019”]Typo: The first time you talk to Mel it mentions the menu and “accodomation”.

The jumper will be in your wardrobe at Christmas even if you don’t buy it.

“Christmas gift” will remain in your inventory even after you give it to Lily.

If you don’t wear the jumper to dinner you have to manually walk away from the table, without a hint that you are supposed to return to your room.

Rather than having the command to leave your room after dinner silently fail, it would be nice if there could be descriptive text about how you are too tired.[/quote]

All the above are now fixed.

As for Kate’s weight, she should automatically go up by 5lbs regardless of your actions at Christmas, so if he’s 185 at end of S1, then she should be 190 at the end of Xmas. [EDIT: Just tested this again and it does work]

I remember when this game was streamlined.

works on module dependent miniquest #3

Having finally been able to give the Christmas module a whirl, kudos again for continuing to build up the tale. I look forward to its continued growth, so to speak, and wish you good luck with wrangling these various branches.

On the bug side of things, two very minor ones: 1) you can drop the various clothing items after putting them on (doing so doesn’t seem to change anything, though, and they disappear). 2) You can also get by wearing just the jumper and the sweatpants, and the description for the meal will describe things as though you’re wearing a shirt.

[quote=“Cordite, post:35, topic:1019”]Having finally been able to give the Christmas module a whirl, kudos again for continuing to build up the tale. I look forward to its continued growth, so to speak, and wish you good luck with wrangling these various branches.

On the bug side of things, two very minor ones: 1) you can drop the various clothing items after putting them on (doing so doesn’t seem to change anything, though, and they disappear). 2) You can also get by wearing just the jumper and the sweatpants, and the description for the meal will describe things as though you’re wearing a shirt.[/quote]

Thanks! I think I’m actually nearly done with Semester 2, actually!

1. Clothes should be removable (only in bedroom) but they shouldn’t disappear, that’s something to fix. I left that as an option in case people realised that certain clothes might be more beneficial than others…
  2. Wearing only the jumper is an intended option (my ex used to do that all the time, especially when eating - where that particular idea came from actually). However, the text was an oversight.

I will probably just fix those with the next major release now, though.

[quote=“JellyIdol, post:36, topic:1019”][quote=“Cordite, post:35, topic:1019”]Having finally been able to give the Christmas module a whirl, kudos again for continuing to build up the tale. I look forward to its continued growth, so to speak, and wish you good luck with wrangling these various branches.

On the bug side of things, two very minor ones: 1) you can drop the various clothing items after putting them on (doing so doesn’t seem to change anything, though, and they disappear). 2) You can also get by wearing just the jumper and the sweatpants, and the description for the meal will describe things as though you’re wearing a shirt.[/quote]

Thanks! I think I’m actually nearly done with Semester 2, actually!

1. Clothes should be removable (only in bedroom) but they shouldn’t disappear, that’s something to fix. I left that as an option in case people realised that certain clothes might be more beneficial than others…
  2. Wearing only the jumper is an intended option (my ex used to do that all the time, especially when eating - where that particular idea came from actually). However, the text was an oversight.

I will probably just fix those with the next major release now, though.[/quote]

Oh shit the hype is reallllll

Really enjoyed the game so far.
One thing I noticed is that the “look at self” description is the same as at the start of the game, even if you’ve outgrown the BB8 shirt. Aside from that, I love it.

[quote=“DumplingKing, post:38, topic:1019”]Really enjoyed the game so far.
One thing I noticed is that the “look at self” description is the same as at the start of the game, even if you’ve outgrown the BB8 shirt. Aside from that, I love it.[/quote]

Ah yes, There’s always something that you overlook. Creating a temporary system that’ll cover that for now. I’ll probably go back and work out what to do with the look at self feature at the end of all this.

And now the fun part where making so many conditional paths bites back… testing.