Kate's Uni Days

Yup, this is what made my last commission take so long. They wanted a lot of variables and it ended up taking almost a whole week of work to make them all work out, hope it goes better for you!

Okay, so far as I can tell… everything is working. I’ve tested all the major routes (there’s too many variables to test every combination at this point) and everything has come out like it should do.

V3.0 - SEMESTER TWO

• Romance! [Note, there’s no going back once you choose]
  • Weight Gain!
  • Okay, that’s about it really, but what more do you want?
  • Oh, there’s some cool stuff that only happens based on prior choices, so that’s neat, I guess.

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/gefzjb_dkecflvhokphukw/kates-uni-days

As always, testing and bug reporting is muchly greatly appreciated.

Sorry it took so little time to find a bug, but “look at me” gives the error:

Error running script: Error compiling expression ‘game.xmas=true’: CompareElement: Operation ‘Equal’ is not defined for types ‘Object’ and ‘Boolean’

Ah yeah. Must have gotten halfway through dealing with that issue and then forgot about it. Should be fine now.

Loving the new update! Ill spoiler my outcome, but im assuming i triggered everything i needed for highest weight?

i got 210. 195 at the end of christmas. I brought mel the cake, romanced isabella, bought the snacks at the store. Anything else you need ti trigger?

[quote=“jerkajerk, post:46, topic:1019”]Loving the new update! Ill spoiler my outcome, but im assuming i triggered everything i needed for highest weight?

i got 210. 195 at the end of christmas. I brought mel the cake, romanced isabella, bought the snacks at the store. Anything else you need ti trigger?

Thank you!

[spoiler]Three of the four romances will trigger a gain. Either cake (Yes, there’s a different one that can be done with different choices) will do too. The third one is actually from the Meal Plan, since that lasts a year. The Snacks, however are used elsewhere…

A lot of this Semester may not be focused on Kate’s gain is all I’ll say.[/spoiler]

How does one romance in this game?

Once you return for second semester after Christmas, some characters will have a romance button.

Indeed. I will just quell your expectations in that department right now. Semester 2 is merely the trigger to romance them, any scenes you’re hoping for won’t come until later in the game :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m hoping that intentionally not taking the flyer from Teresa will eventually lead to some sort of nice role reversal description at some point.

Once you return for second semester after Christmas, some characters will have a romance button.[/quote]
Everytime I select the romance option it tells me “You are not close enough with Mel to start a relationship with her.” for any of the characters. Am I missing a step?

There are two characters that you can romance regardless of choices made. You just have to complete their quests in both Semester 1 and 2. They’re not immediately obvious.

The other two do require a certain module choice and then their “quests” to get the “fondess” level up.

How do you talk to people?

I assume romancing is for the next part of this? Or can it be done now with the right actions?

Every person has a “Speak to” button.

All 4 Romance lines in Semester 2 can be started in Semester 2. Just have to complete both quests for each person [They all have something you can do to increase their fondness in Semester 1, and something in Semester 2 as well. Mel is probably the most obvious and easiest to trigger].

Is activating the meal plan just like the previous year? cause every time I try it tells me I already signed up.

It’s the same year. If you signed up in Semester 1, it’s still active for Semester 2.

Hey. Just added myself to the forum. Great game you’ve put together, really, really enjoying it. Just got a couple of questions. Now these are spoiler-rific, so if you don’t want any of the game ruined, please do not click the button below.

I’ve run into a couple small snags. I’ve managed to get three of the four romance options to work, but I’m having a bugger of a time with Isabella. I’ve taken the Spanish module and asked her about it in Semester 1. After the Christmas arc, I showed the recipe book to Isabella, which I thought was the second quest. However, it won’t let me romance her. It keeps saying, “You aren’t close enough to Isabella.” Wandered the game map for a bit, but I’m really not sure what I’m supposed to do. I’m having some issues with Laura, as well. I’ve concluded the snacks and notebooks are the necessary triggers to make her start gaining weight, but I’m lost on how to do that consistently. I managed it once, which I had assumed was because I bought the two items and dropped them in my room, but my most recent playthrough (attempting and failing to once again romance Isabella) proved that false. I think I’m supposed to offer the snacks and books to her, but I’m not sure. The final question, and I suspect I already know the answer to this one, but is there a way to influence Sarah to gain more weight? And if not now, will there be such an option in a future update?

Once again, great game and hats off to you.

[quote=“hedkrakka, post:59, topic:1019”]Hey. Just added myself to the forum. Great game you’ve put together, really, really enjoying it. Just got a couple of questions. Now these are spoiler-rific, so if you don’t want any of the game ruined, please do not click the button below.

I’ve run into a couple small snags. I’ve managed to get three of the four romance options to work, but I’m having a bugger of a time with Isabella. I’ve taken the Spanish module and asked her about it in Semester 1. After the Christmas arc, I showed the recipe book to Isabella, which I thought was the second quest. However, it won’t let me romance her. It keeps saying, “You aren’t close enough to Isabella.” Wandered the game map for a bit, but I’m really not sure what I’m supposed to do. I’m having some issues with Laura, as well. I’ve concluded the snacks and notebooks are the necessary triggers to make her start gaining weight, but I’m lost on how to do that consistently. I managed it once, which I had assumed was because I bought the two items and dropped them in my room, but my most recent playthrough (attempting and failing to once again romance Isabella) proved that false. I think I’m supposed to offer the snacks and books to her, but I’m not sure. The final question, and I suspect I already know the answer to this one, but is there a way to influence Sarah to gain more weight? And if not now, will there be such an option in a future update?

Once again, great game and hats off to you.[/quote]

Thank you!

[spoiler]You were doing it right, that was a bug. It took a while to find, but there was a rogue fondness increase for Isabella in the code that was setting the fondless level to be higher than the required ‘2’ that is associated with the two quests! I hunted it down and killed it, so Isabella should be romanceable following the path you took there. Sarah can gain 10 / 20 / 30lbs depending on your options. 20 is easy. 30 is dependent on module choice, is all I’ll say there.

As for the snacks issue, I’ll PM you that one because I’d like to keep the answer to that completely off the forum for now anyway![/spoiler]