Kobold Kommandos

Well crap. I see what’s causing that. Unfortunately, with the game jam almost over, I don’t really have the time to upload another fix. <:V

1 Like

As far as I could tell it didn’t break anything, at least.

1 Like

Fingers crossed it stays that way. <:V

1 Like

So this is kind of a weird one to report but… Panacea items inflict Charm! Might wanna check that.

2 Likes

Oh goddammit, I can’t believe something like that snuck in. Go me. >:V

1 Like

There was a really good amount of character and charm to all this! All the dialogue was really nicely fleshed out, I loved it all. And on my first playthrough I never struggled too hard, it was a good amount of challenge. Nice job! Now to go back and take a look at alternate routes. :B

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this awesome small game. I really like it a lot. Especially dragoness and Carmen :slight_smile:
Also, I just completed this game once, but I wanted to ask if there is different ending game rotes?

1 Like

I love the sprite work and the non-linear approach to adventuring. The game is bursting with charm and good ideas. With the references to trauma packs and the dialogue between these lil’ scaly operators, inspiration from Shadowrun perhaps? :3

Certainly makes me want to run a DnD session for a crack team of kobolds, that’s for sure!

2 Likes

I cant tell you the amount of save / loads you made me do, just to try the different options. From small changes to dialogue depending on your party members, to how they are affected by the end. Not only that, you made an upgrade system that allowed for you to choose if you go with that character strengths or makes them all-rounders (Ha). I still have different things to try and will be doing so. Also props on creating a way to have combat but actually being able to avoid almost every battle. Feels so simple yet i can only imagine how complex it might have been to make all this. I wish to see more from you, either by making more with this project or a future one.

1 Like

Been following your RPGs for a while now and man, you did good with this. The amount of variation you can do in such a small game is awesome. Making bosses easier with side stuff, choosing your new abilities, different dialogues and outcomes depending on what party members you have, it’s all pretty darn awesome. Only complaint I can really make is the game is a bit easy but that’s pretty minor.

1 Like

I’m super happy ya’ll are enjoying it!

If you’re refering to the end of mission 3, then no. The game ends pretty much the same way all around. :V

Yes! Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Shadowrun: Hong Kong are some of my favorite games! C:

Yeah, difficulty wasn’t a huge concern for the most part. I was too busy stamping out bugs and trying to make sure everything functioned well enough. :V

1 Like

Will we maybe be seeing stuff in the future for this game?
It has lots of amazing potential !!!

1 Like

It’s possible! I would definitely like to do more with this concept in the future.

2 Likes

Excellent game all around, pretty solid art-style, simple mechanics, a hilarious story-line and the characters are all charismatic and lovable. An excellent experience all-around and i’ll be following it pretty closely in case there’s more, you have my support on this Gain Jam @rocketshark5089 you totally deserve it!

2 Likes

It doesn’t even need to be a full-blown game or campaign. Give the singular nature of each run, they could just be small episodes. The premise is solid to keep in your back pocket to dip into at your leisure, big release or small.

2 Likes

I love this game, I’d love to see more of these kobolds, even if it’s just one-off gags in something else you make Rocketshark.

2 Likes

Excellent work! I love how many ways you can tackle the missions in, and how the different team members affect them. The balance would need a bit of tuning, though; most of the regular mooks are pushovers, while the final boss is just an outright RNG-fest. Sapped a lot of the enjoyment out of me.

Great art, though! Do wish some of the things the people described were visualized, though. Ah well.

2 Likes

Super minor bug but if you convince the guards right at the beginning to move out the way they don’t actually move out the way it seems.

1 Like

maybe it just me but i downloaded mac version and it doesnt open

I really enjoyed this game. Big fan of lizardfolk rep, and you have such a great variety of characters - Brassie and Spooky were my personal favorites. And I agree about the potential of the premise - there’s so much you can do with this setup, especially in regards to the sequel hook at the end of the weaponized sugar route.

1 Like