Kobold Kommandos

Always good to see more of you and kobolds, always bring a smile to my face, thank you!
Really well done for such a short time, the upgrade system is well though out, so the player feels rewarded no matter the method he used to complete the level.

4 Likes

This is really adorable and good! I’d love to see the story continue!

My favourite enemies were the cultist elves, I like to imaghine them dramatically throwing off their robes as they enter combat with you :smiley:

2 Likes

Wait what sequel hook??? i just did that route and never got any extra scenes afterwards does it depend on the party you bring in???

also i noticed Vernon has a fat sprite yet i can’t seem to figure out where on earth he would have the opportunity to gain weight how curious :thinking:

1 Like

An episodic take on this concept isn’t a bad idea, come to think of it. Maybe I’ll go with that!

Yeah, sorry about that. I just plain ran out of time for fine tuning the fights. <:V

Oh dang! It didn’t softlock the game when it did that, did it?

Could you elaborate on that? Like, where are you stopped in opening it?

I wanted to have some dialogue indicating that they were indeed dramatically throwing their robes off before they started fighting, but I just kinda forgot lol

You gotta give him the weaponized sugar during mission 2. :V

2 Likes

i download it then archive it then try the game, i get message: “The application “Game” can’t be opened.”

Archive it? Like, it’s already in a .rar archive. Do you mean extract it?

1 Like

i mean that yes, sorry
after that, it wouldnt open at all

Umm
I dunno.
What kind of Mac OS are you using?

high sierra, macbook pro if that help

Hmm. RPG Maker MV let’s me deploy it for Mac OS X. Maybe it’s the wrong version?

oh MV. that make sense, i only have VX ace. thank for help

nah thankfully it didn’t soft lock the game since you can still enter the mansion through the Crack in the wall they simply just didn’t move and that’s it.

That’s really weird. I have no idea what’s causing that, but looking at the guard events there now, I kinda forgot to include a lot of things. Like actually being able to fight them. :V
Me am smart

Oh, I’m talking about the bit where Brassie’s goddess-induced powers of gaining are showing no signs of slowing down. Sounded like future trouble to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This has gotta be a top entry for me. Custom sprite and art work, fun use of the music, funny as heck writing, and even mission-to-mission progression on top of getting your idiot teammates to be useful in various situations! That’s not to even mention the fact that you can get a few different outcomes based on what’s happening back at home base. While it’s not perfect, imo it was one of the best entries this year. The only thing missing, I’d say, was a bit more in the way of custom sound effects, but if you continue this, I’d love to see such a thing included.

Otherwise, absolutely great! Keep this one going for sure, I’d say. I’d love to see more branching paths and various ways to approach the obstacles in each mission with varying reactions from the characters and your teammates.

3 Likes

One lil’ thing I found.

If you charm the goddess, she uses her insta-death on herself with no effect and the fight seems too go on as normal, minus the turn counter.

Wow, yeah. That’s a pretty big issue. Good find.

Well, this here’s another slam dunk from Rocketshark!

But seriously, I love this. The artwork is adorable and sexy, the characters are all wonderful, the writing hits the nail right on the head and mission-style structure is very unique for an RPGMaker game (at least, from what I’ve seen).

I’m genuinely impressed by the story options you managed to cram in, too. For something that’s only three stages long, there are a lot of ways for it to play out.

My only real gripe is that there isn’t much gameplay incentive to give the magic sugar to the cook. Sure, fatty kobolds, but Princess eats most of them! What kind of fatty party is that?

That, and you’re able to skip a good chunk of the big boss encounters with the weaponized sugar, and don’t really get any similar boon without it. If this is to continue, we’ll want to experiment with this path a bit.

But honestly, that’s just me. A home run for this jam, I say!

1 Like

It’s not officially a game made by me if there isn’t any vore in it :Y

Glad you’ve enjoyed it! :3

3 Likes

So last minute thing but I think I found a glitch. I gave Vernon the magic sugar but his dialogue was the same and his sprite was still skinny when I took him on the final mission with no differences, is there supposed to be more stuff for him if he’s fattened up?