[GAIN JAM VERSION]
After getting stuck in a magic trap, your only hope of escape is… nonverbal kobolds? Fortunately, Dragazon delivers. Place items from the shop and watch the kobolds do their thing!
(I didn’t finish all the sound effects, but it’s in.)
- Left-click to use menus, place items, and view information on items and kobolds.
- Right-click to cancel placement of an a kobold to make the camera follow them.
- Move the mouse to the edge or use WASD/arrow keys to move the camera.
- Press Q to randomize the player character’s colors.
Known Issues in the Old Version:
- Sometimes kobolds will get stuck moving to/interacting with objects (farms most often). They will return to normal after a while, but their needs will still decay.
- Kobolds can get stuck in tight spaces between objects when many of them are trying to pass through. Remember to leave enough space for kobolds to navigate (unless you want to see them belly bumping.)
- Sometimes houses will not “unbuild” themselves when their owner leaves.
- Start off by buying a shipping tube, house, and boombox. Your first kobold can get food from the berry bush.
- Place objects near each other to reduce travel time (but not too close that kobolds get stuck).
- Don’t build too many boomboxes; lots of kobolds can use the same one. Don’t build the coolers, they ended up being kind of useless.
- Don’t use the bell early on. Feeding you will distract kobolds from their needs, and they will feed you if your fullness is low anyways.
- Fixed the magic circle breaking at 2100 lbs instead of 2000.
- Made adjustments so the shop opening/closing looks smoother at differing framerates.
- Made adjustments so the camera motion is smoother at differing framerates when right-clicking kobolds.
- Changed various behaviours to work independently of framerate.
- Adjusted how distance affects priority for kobolds.
- Slightly reduced how much being poor affects priority for the shipping tube.
- Fixed an issue that made kobolds dance at the boombox forever.
- Made kobolds always skip their idle phase if they’re holding something. They didn’t do the searching animation anyways!
- FIXED KOBOLDS GETTING STUCK ON FARMS (they can still work at empty farms; this makes the crops grow faster, and they will leave after one grows.)
- Fixed an issue with zoom levels that made scrolling slower when starting the game until you changed the zoom level.
- Increased priority for unbuilt objects, especially houses (with an extra bonus if kobolds’ needs are high). They’re eager to meet new neighbors!
- Kobold hunger and fun decay 25% slower.
- Kobolds now gain fun from feeding you. Maybe they think you’ll make a good trampoline?
- Added another check to unbuild homes of kobolds that leave. No more empty homes in our neighborhood… maybe.
- Boomboxes get decreased priority if a kobold’s fun is full. Stop dancing, freeloaders.
- Made it harder for kobolds to leave (they need -25 happiness now before they are guaranteed to leave).
- Slightly decreased how distance from an object affects kobolds’ priorities.
- Fixed kobolds’ weight not actually increasing movement speed. Gotta go fa(s)t.
- Added fixes to reduce how often kobolds block each others’ paths.
- Decreased movement timeout, so kobolds that get stuck should return to normal sooner. This also makes them sometimes change their destination while moving.
- Kobolds’ needs will no longer decay when they are standing and looking around.
- Added a chance for kobolds to skip the looking around animation.
- Added fixes to hopefully reduce how often kobolds get stuck with buildable objects.