Kobold Village

yay, it is much better patch!

might i suggest:
1- fullness increase as weight increase or excess the limit
2- (just an idea) dragon devour willing kobold by open mouth
3- belly rub to decrease fullness little quicker
4- increase chance of kobold force feed despite reach fullness

1 Like

Currently the bell can only be used while fullness is below 100, but you can still be fed past that by queuing up multiple kobolds to feed you; fullness over 100 goes down faster if it’s higher, so the most efficient way to gain weight is by making all the kobolds feed you at once when it’s ready (the bell will make a different noise if there are no more kobolds the queue up).
I thought about adding some chance for kobolds to autonomously feed the player more often (since it gives them fun now), so I might add it in the future.

1 Like

This game works a whole lot better now! It’s a lot of fun. Although I still really do hope you add a way to remove buildings and objects. It’s hard to know how close together you can put stuff without making the kobolds get stuck. Putting a radius around each object that prevents you from setting things down within a certain distance of eachother could help, too, and/or implementing a grid system on the map that building is locked too.

Edit: Oh! Something else that would be really cool would be a way for your dinner bell to signal all of your current kobolds to bring food, instead of trying to outrun them with mass clicking before one of them reaches you and makes it so you can’t click any more because you’re full.

Man this was a pretty fun game. Minus the obviously really well done fetish stuff, it was very amusing making an entire army of obese kobolds and watching them run all over the place.

Can’t wait to see what else you make in the future!

2 Likes

Y’know it’s strange, most of the difficulty from the last versions of this game was because of all the time-wasting the kobolds kept doing, maybe in a hypothetical revision you could make the kobold be distracted by things like butterflies (or something).

Absolutely love this game! Its cute and show great potential for the future of its development with its content!

One thing I really enjoy and hope more might be added to in this game in the future (Or you could say “Expanded upon”) is that the kobolds getting fatter and getting more active in things is both really cool and also adorable but I hope maybe if this game sees more in the future maybe it could possibly lead to some unique things to happen to them~

(P.S I really love it when kobolds start to hang out at the farms and just pig themselves out forever~ 10/10 would feed them again!)

3 Likes

I may have taken some inspiration from Belly Belting’s submission for my village design…

3 Likes

update: with the updated speed and consistency, the game is a super fun little management game, watching your little kobbos run about and chunk up happily.

2 Likes

just had a thought playing again and going for the other way to break the magic >:P

would it be possible to let the player destroy or sell a building back? it could be funny later in to sell the sell-pipe, so kobolds are just running about, eating dancing and feeding instead of swarming the natural resources and making this trapped dragon a millionaire

6 Likes

My village has turned into more of a town.

I had a fun time playing the game. Though wish there were more.

4 Likes

As a suggestion, I’d really appreciate a list of kobolds in the village as well as their stats, and maybe clicking on one in the list could center the camera on it. I just like seeing numbers more than anything. It might also be nice to show a kobold’s age (from when they arrived) and current task when you click on it, and potentially even in the aforementioned list.

Also, when a Kobold is near a building, it becomes impossible to click them. Maybe prioritize clicking on a Kobold over the building?

For a longer-term goal, it would be neat if you could somehow focus Kobold’s on certain tasks. With the theme of the game, maybe just have some sliders that just weight the RNG to certain tasks over others. Other options like letting you focus specific kobolds on specific tasks also exist.

A completely random idea I had is that maybe the current biggest kobold (with oldest being preferred when multiple are the same size) could be the “chief,” and maybe make kobolds in an area around him more effective at tasks.

It would also be cute if the kobolds had randomized names.

3 Likes

Fun little idle game! I liked the slow build up of the worker’s weights in addition to the main chunking, that’s a nice touch which I didn’t expect to go as far as it did. I thought they were going to be capped at like, half the fatness! I do wish there was a way to move around the things you place, or at least destroy them, I ended up wanting to click on things that I just couldn’t because of dumb placements early on. I also think the negative happiness bug is still a thing, but it didn’t seem to make anyone leave, so it wasn’t that much of an issue.

2 Likes

An amusing game. Got stuck a few times where they would refuse to build houses before getting one with a good balance of priorities, but then all but two of my kobolds ran off overworking themselves on the drill and I got stuck with a pair of perpetual miners again.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this! Once it got up and running you could just sit back and watch your village “grow” heheh. I don’t know if there was a slight variance introduced into the kobold AI or not but I could swear that some were greedier than others. It wasn’t my first kobold that was the fattest as I had a particularly greedy grey bugger who seemed to remember that the berry bush still existed alongside all the meatroot fields! Hit the theme just fine and overall it was a nice and complete little game.

If I could suggest a small enhancement to the experience, it would be in the sound department. Not just for some in-game music, but I was hoping to hear some pikmin-like squeaks from the kobolds! A few “mips”, “meeps” and “murrs” wouldn’t go amiss! It would be cute if a string of random meeps could play so as to simulate a kobold language. Happy “meeps” for when they’re happy; angry “meeps” when they are dissatisfied and so on.

2 Likes

two thoughts Roads and Selling. maybe roads are used as a sort of Guided path to help with getting stuck while walking. selling well for getting cash back and doing some reorginizing. hell decor and the like could be neat help improve the place a bit and such maybe have things that improve based on whats around them like dance floors that work best when boomboxes are near

2 Likes

decent game but I feel the aspect of feeding the players could be handled better. most of the time the kobold pig out over feeding the player. maybe add a step in the production of food, that players can then have some control on how much goes to kobolds and how much goes to players. the feed bell also seems to not really do anything when I ring it. I imaged by the function bell rings makes kolbods bumb rush to feed you

1 Like

It seems that each bell press summons one kobold so ya gots to keep ringing that bell to summon the whole village over to your side and make the big gains!

3 Likes

One QoL improvement I would like to see in this game would be a grid on the ground to easily see where we’re putting stuff down in relation to everything else. It doesn’t have to make things snap to it or anything. It’s just really hard if you want to do stuff like perfect rows of houses or something from such a close and lateral perspective.

2 Likes

I’d just like to say that this is probably my favourite interpretation of this year’s theme, you really nailed it.

2 Likes

So, what are the future plans for this? Mostly bugfixes, or do you plan on fleshing out the concept?

If you want some programming help, I have experience with Unity - I can send over my resume if you want :grin:

2 Likes