Lacto Escape: Expanded

Yep, there are several layers but looks like you covered them all. I would likely do as you mentioned, although it would take some work. It will be a while but maybe once I complete seeds and get lacto developed, I can possibly look into lumping multibreast in with the different themes as well. (My max would be 4 breasts though)

1 Like

4 breast is good enough for a hucow also i hope seeds of destiny goes well

1 Like

4 Breasts is the logical max for a cow-themed game like this, the second pair makes the breasts parallel an udder without being an udder and with all the appeal of breasts. I don’t even think a third pair would fit on her torso with the art style this has either.

If you do look into it, definitely it should be lowest priority below the other expansion types, notably both because it is more niche and because if it possibly ends up having a gameplay change like the others seeing how far the others go might help give ideas.

Also I found the sprites in the files and now understand a bit of what makes this more difficult, I did not realize the breasts weren’t fully cropped properly. This explains the weird rendering issues I was seeing with the weight gain, being it would need to be fixed for that anyway if you’d like I am actually somewhat decent at making cropping type edits and could re-crop them for you.

Edit: While I’m asking if you’d like help, would you be interested in help with the breast art? I am not great at creating original stuff but I am good at taking existing drawings and remaking them and I have methods that would make creating the size variants very very quick allowing for finer growth at larger levels.
Out of curiosity I tried remaking one of the breast overlays with some tweaks, here you can see the comparison where I both went for 1:1 but also made some tweaks I thought looked nicer.

Ignore the floating face, that’s unrelated.

3 Likes

@kerbable
Certainly! While I’m not actively developing the game at the moment, if you wanted to help with that regard that would be awesome. Most of art edits were done by 912, a local artist on the dev team. As for the placing of cropped images, that was my doing but I’m no artist and did the best I could. If you wanted to fix some of the original cropping and/or do any art editing that would be fine with me.

I would suggest however that you send me any edits via personal message here on weight gaming or if you are part of my discord, send it there where I tend to be the most active. Also, the edit looks great!

4 Likes

With Preggo accepting my help I might have gotten ahead of myself and tried my hand at fully remastering Lacto’s image. The majority of her design and art style is still 1:1 traced from the original to preserve the existing appeal, but I made minor changes to clean up line work and make the shading more consistent with the lighting angle.

However I have also made 3 notable edits that I want community feedback on as it isn’t as 1:1, the eyes now have pupils and a slight shine, the ears now have an updated cow ear style, and of course from my original post we still have the updated nipples.

Edits are not hard to make due to the style of drawing I’m using and even if community consensus doesn’t favor each change this new drawing should be far easier to edit going forward so it is well worth it. Oh yeah… it is also super high res if we need it.

12 Likes

This looks awesome, love the remastered version

3 Likes

The ears are a nice change, though the eyes will take some getting used to. Its a pretty big move away from the style of the original character, along with the additional horn and extra shading on the pants.

3 Likes

Thanks Kerbable, mostly we are wanting to get an idea from the community as to what people think of the remastered version. While I do like the remaster, Lacto’s original art is a fan favorite and wanted to get peoples thoughts on that.

1 Like

I like the changes to the eyes. It makes her more personable.
The ears create more visibility now that they have a larger light colour. I am neutral to negative on the change. The horns and bell already create the focus of what curse is laying on her.
I am partial to positive on the nippels because in the old style they fit with her simplified eyes and now they fit with as well. It is just no focus and in my opinion far smaller in scale and effect than her eyes.

1 Like

An interesting thing I should note is that because the graphics are simply contained within the folders for the game, if the community is heavily split on the changes I could possibly pick what seems most popular and then also later provide some kind of texture pack for at the very least her face to return the old style of eyes/ears and such.

The nipples would be a lot more graphics to make alts of, technically possible but likely only something I’d put the effort into with high demand.

1 Like

For what it’s worth.
I like the old eyes better (I prefer the large simple style and to me the new ones seem too small and beady)
I’m indefferent on the horns/ears/bell.
I like the new nippels better.

That said, I’m happy to see new arts. And will gladly cheer for anything you do.

edit: I’d like a old face texture pack if it’s going, but dont put yourself out on my behalf :smiley:

2 Likes

I like the remaster better in every way.

1 Like

I had some thoughts about the feedback so far and my own feelings on the new versions and really dwelled on the fact that if I’m going to change anything I do want to keep the art style feeling consistent and faithful and want changes to feel like I’m simply refining the idea rather than making it different. In this regard the eyes are the most consistent debatable change and I thiiink I might have come up with a best of both worlds solution?

I put 2.0 in the middle so you can easily compare it to both the original and my first version, the only changes here are the ears being subtly smaller and adjusted, and the eyes are now slightly larger to better match the original and also use the simpler color palette while retaining the pupils.

I also stole her breasts so you can see her arm and belt if anyone notices any shading I messed up in my attempt to make the shading more consistent.

4 Likes

New 2.0 looks better, 1.0 looks like she’s angry with me and prepared to judge me for my sins, but softening the eyes makes her look less…haunting. My one gripe is with the horns, as it looks like her right horn is higher on her head than her left. It may look better if you scooch it down a bit.

1 Like

In the first version of lacto escape (before weight gain and pregnancy) lacto,s character (the avatar you walking with) her breast become expanded. With the newer versions only her belly. Is there a way this could be added again?

Eyes are a topic for themselfs.
The old ones look cartoony. The 1.0 look anime (very large eyes). The 2.0 look clouded.
I find the compromise more horrofying than compromising.

The ears look allright but the 1.0 look allright as well.
I found no inconsitencies with the belt.

1 Like

old is a cartoon, 1.0 is anime, 2.0 is PTSD or guro anime lol

1 Like

The remade looks better in my opinion. Would choose the 1.0 style over the 2.0

Wish I had come up with a bunch of variants to show so I didn’t feel so spam-y but here’s today’s tweaks. It might sound a bit silly but I didn’t actually realize the original artist had a lot more art of Lacto/at least cow girls similar to Lacto, today’s tweaks are mostly based on what I found in my research (I can’t believe I can unironically say I was looking at it for research.)

• Horns are moved down slightly, one of the hair strands adjusted based on how Hutonts would draw Lacto with both horns.
  • Another variant of the eyes, closer to my first version but still slightly more muted/larger than my first version, a compromise compromise?
  • The biggest new option however is a major ear style change, this one is interesting because it is even further from the game’s style of ears, however from the art I saw of Hutonts this style of ear is another way they commonly drew them so it is faithful to Lacto art.

Also I gave her her breasts back as a little bit of a tease that I have been slowly working on the variants, working backwards from biggest to smallest.

Oh yeah interesting thing, while looking at art I noticed Lacto was often drawn with a tail, but the game lacks that detail.

9 Likes

I’m neutral on both 3.14 and 1.0. I like both better than OLD.

1 Like