Lacto Escape: Expanded

Now please lacto escape unlimited level and max size pc the now to 2days okay good

He’s speaking the language of the gods

14 Likes

I not say to Edgar.1 i say preggo pixels
Okay

are cursed bras supposed to drop from monsters? because they do and it’s kinda annoying.

While preggo hasn’t posted about this game in a while, even on their discord, it was announced on their discord last September that the whole game was getting moved to unity. There are also a good number of people on their discord who talk about the game and post progress updates on their own character sprite edits. In conclusion, I would be a bit more hesitant to call the game “abandoned” but I do understand the view

Definitely not dead, just very slow development.
The Unity conversion has taken time, but also the project had to replace its tileset because you can’t just use RPGMaker’s tilesets outside of that engine.
After all the polls and questions I asked about updating Lacto’s portrait, we eneded up getting a new artist helping who helped further improve her design upgrade, and with the engine now being Unity I can do a lot more with animating this new version such as smoother expansion than before.

Also just the other day I started experimenting with making a new character sprite to replace the old RPGMaker style one. This should better fit the new tyleset’s pixel art style and pixel density, and should give us a lot more space to work with than the chibi sprite did for animations.
Screenshot 2022-08-12 011324
Slow goings, but stuff is happening in the background.

21 Likes

I saw those new sprites and didn’t look too much into it, but that was the piece of evidence that sold it to me that this game isn’t dead

1 Like

Wow, that’s cool. I would like to see updates to this game, I’m interested in the question. Will there be an increase in the maximum breast size, because pumping up to the maximum size is too easy.
and will there be more content in terms of games, boss additions. Or strengthening bots.

1 Like

@dBananabanda Welcome to the community!

I just wanted to point out that your post rides a fine line about one of our policies. We don’t allow people asking about when an update will come out for a game, or creative variations of it. Keep that in mind for the future.

I’m leaving it up but please be aware of our policies going forward. FAQ - Weight Gaming

2 Likes

I did not ask “when the update will be” I was interested in whether the updates will contain what I was talking about or something like that

And that’s why I didn’t remove the comment.

And I also included:

People often try to skirt around the rule semantically.

4 Likes

But their question was never about time. They’re just asking if a specific type of content will be included, which seems like a pretty legitimate question

1 Like

My post was simply to inform they were getting close to a line. Not that they had crossed one. Hence why the post is still up.

The reason we have the rule is because game development takes a long time even when a project is actively being worked on. It is normal for months to pass between updates. Generally, if a dev has things to share about their game, they will share them. They’re not holding back and waiting for people to goad them into revealing it. And beyond that, if a bunch of people are going around posting about where an update is, or that a project is dead, or similar, it can create an image that the site is less active than it is (because again, game dev is hard and long).

That is the spirit if the rule that will be enforced.

If anyone needs to further discuss the policy you can DM the admins, or you’re welcome to create a thread in the site feedback category: Site Feedback - Weight Gaming

3 Likes

I know the rule, and having made games for this site I also know how long that takes. However, if someone hasn’t mentioned whether or not the game will contain something in the future I doubt people will have an issue with a person posting a reply asking that. I know I wouldn’t.

Anyway, my point was that the way you let them know that they had allegedly gotten close to the line feels overly critical.

2 Likes

I’m interested to understand when I missed the point that sentences, and such “standard” questions, became violations.
For centuries, it has been like this that proposals were approved, and here “you are standing a millimeter away from an unexploded rocket” Cool!

1 Like

https://forum.weightgaming.com/faq

From the guidelines

Improve the Discussion

Also, please do not ask devs when the next update is coming out or if there will be one. This adds nothing to the discussion and can annoy the devs. Please remember that many of these projects are being done for free in the devs spare time and that they also have lives and that their projects will be done on their schedule.

This is what you said.

You did not literally say “When will the next update be”, but the policy is not about stopping those specific words. It’s about stopping posts which have the same or similar intent.

You’re not allowed to ask that.

You are also not allowed to imply that it’s been too long since the last update.

You can’t suggest that the game is abandon.

The difference between “I want to know when the game will be updated” and “I would like to see updates to this game” is that you used more passive, indirect, and polite English.

Which seems to me to have been your intent - to ask that question in a more polite way. Why do I think that? Because I already removed a post from you in this thread where you asked about the game being abandoned.

I did not remove your second post because you actually did also ask relevant questions too.

I will be deleting further messages about this in this topic. Because apparently I wasn’t clear about this line of conversation being off topic.

If you need further clarification or explanation, you are free to DM me or the other Admins. Or you can make a thread in Site Feedback - Weight Gaming or How to/Help - Weight Gaming

4 Likes

Helping add in larger size visuals for the portrait is a bit of what I joined on to help with originally, also it is a bit of why we’re replacing the character sprite as this new one is easier to animate new sizes for. So to answer the larger size question, there’s definitely going to be bigger.

As for new content, for now the focus of the first release of the Unity version will be recreating the existing levels, then after that it’ll be focused on finishing a base version of the game with the BE content before we go back to add the other expansion types back in later (which should mean they end up better quality). It’s hard to say exactly what we’ll add yet, as part of the conversion involves figuring out what we want to do now that we aren’t limited by RPGMaker.

5 Likes

Cool, it’s just that as a “probably” game designer or something, I can say that it’s beyond the usual levels. There is no sense of currency as such, because why health potions, food, if you can constantly press “2” There is not enough addition, boss or expansion of the location (forest) where you could farm, if you expand the location or add the boss, you must either add a drop of items, or add meaning in crafting (at the forge for example) After all, levels are levels. But sooner or later you will get tired of it, and some boss with a trillion health who needs to collect a lot in order to get through, enjoy the art (in my case, on the right) Well, you understand)

Honestly i am all in for big sprites if you go that route, or even make it an option or something, if it helps make the sprite work look more varied and different, so for example you could make body sizes and such much more pronounced with those bigger dimension sprites over the old rpg maker ones.

1 Like

looking back at the world sprites, the thighs might not be exactly matching the artwork itself which kind of feels weird

on another note I am being disturbed by the thigh gap.

otherwise really liking the sprite changes.

(I am probably hella late to the party)

(and they probably got changed anyway way earlier)