Lickity-Split! - ImpossibleSnail's entry

Hey. I ran into a problem: when the game starts, the game window is white, but the sound and controls work. (translated by Google)

great work as always, wondering if you’ll be making this into a fully fledged game as well, because i could definitely see it being possible

A fun proof of concept! Has the potential to be something really special. I could definitely imagine a story mode as this girl discovers this amazing, low-key ice cream parlor and soon becomes a regular customer, seemingly having the place all to herself. Along with her increasingly large appetite for icrecream, a relationship with the player also grows.

Gameplay-wise the story mode could be broken up into levels to allow for the story and dialogue to play out. Added challenges could be that as your friendship increases she chats to you and asks you questions whilst you work, inadvertently distracting you, or asks the player to remember and make her favourite combinations etc.

2 Likes

Really cool game and concept can’t wait to see it developed further. It would be cool if it had some sort of system like sfao where you can have set characters that become regular customers and dialogue to the point where you can see a special scene with them after getting them to their max size, or have more of a longer run/managing aspect like buying stock, flavours, upgrades, hire staff e.t.c instead of just having a short game run with one randomly generated girl. Either way great stuff keep up the great work!

2 Likes

This is a super fun game! I look all of the randomly generated girls, it adds a little variation to the gameplay, and it always leaves you guessing who you’re going to get next! I think the gameplay is really nice too! If you’re quick enough, getting the girls up to screen filling size can be pretty easy! Great work as always!

Hopefully you find a solution cause I’m on Mac as well and have no idea how to run this.

Aside from a personal want for a free mode without the timer or strikes and a wish of being able to play this game full screen, which aren’t too major, I think this is easily one of my personal favorites from this year’s Gain Jam, great job on it.

Seriously excellent work on this. It’s so straight forward, and easy to think about from a programming perspective, but it is INSTANTLY enjoyable to play. Since I’m new to programming, any idea that can deliver that much fun so efficiently on a simple premise is just so appealing.

My roommate was cracking up as I frantically shouted aloud the ingredients that I needed to make the next scoop. She’s not into the kink, but still got a huge kick out of the art and the bouncing/jiggling idle animations. So it’s even entertaining to people outside the community–Great job!

1 Like

Damn I manged to just barely get to FILL the screen! I had no idea there was another size past that one pic I saw in this thread earlier!

4 Likes

Pretty fun, though I’d for sure say the max size, most of the time, is only just doable, at least for me. It was addictive for a little bit, but I hate to say it’s a bit of a step down from Super Fatty Office Admin. Understandable, since iirc there’s another game for you in the works, so that you were able to whip this up at all is impressive! It’s still quite solid for what it is.

Whoa! I had no idea OwO

This game is so fun, and I love just how HUGE and fat they get.

If this is continued after the jam, pls draw a few more faces; sameface makes me itchy.

Also I gotta agree with the others, it’s an absolute shame to have all this art and all this WG going on when we’re hyper-focused on the ingredients at the bottom of the screen.

IMO, I’d argue the game also fails the Jam’s requirement of having the fetish be the central mechanic, the girls gaining weight has nothing to do with how we play or anything, they’re just the reward for doing good: a backdrop for the actual gameplay.
Even though the Jam’s over, I’ve got ideas how it would’ve fit better:

1. When they get big, they start needing to burp, delaying/interrupting giving their ice cream request, so you have to rub their belly to get them to burp and give the request. The bigger she gets, the more you have to rub.
  2. Girls who get big enough can’t eat the ice cream on their own, so you have to manually feed the bigger girls, even if it’s something as simple as mashing the spacebar.
3 Likes

Really enjoyable little game. Once you’ve got the positions of the condiments and toppings down, it’s a pretty fun little piece. The thing that really is not so good is that you tune out the background (i.e the thing with the WG occuring in and tunnel vision on the order and the toppings, so you really can only appreaciate the growth every so often.

I just thought of a potential change for the future. When the girl reaches a new weight stage, she could become distracted by that weight for a moment, not making a new order and not running down the timer. This would give the player both a general breather and an opportunity to appreciate the new weight. It’ll only be a moment, though, as the game will go back into full gear once the moment has passed.

While typing, I had another idea: difficulty levels implementing the above. You could have Relaxed, where the player chooses when the break is over, a middle difficulty like I described above, and the same style as the game has now, where the pace is constant. Honestly, I could go for a harder difficulty too, as a challenge mode. Start with more scoops and toppings, have a higher cap on those numbers, and crank up the timer curve. Heck, for a really punishing mode, make the timer run faster the longer the player doesn’t add anything to the ice cream. Give 'em something to brag about if they can still reach the maximum size.

EDIT: Of course, this is all just a wishlist and not a set of demands. The game is already great in its current state, especially for being a jam game.

this game the MCfucking best 10/10 would play 90 times

This is sooo good, really excited to see updates in the future!

It’s not bad at all! Quick and simple and fairly fun! It’s perhaps a bit tricky to view the lower stages of the gain (though you do get ample time at the beginning) I wonder if you could allow the player to scroll through the weight levels they unlock at the end? It would also be nice if the counter disapeared when viewing the girl. Still! Good work! :smiley:

I’m on a macbook and i just ran it with bootcamp and an unactivated copy of windows

the download appears to be MIA

1 Like