Love is the Way to My Heart - CLOSED

Weekly Updates Reinstated:

Hey, guys, it’s been a little while! I am thinking that I will start weekly updates on WGF as well. Basically I am just going to copy-and-paste what is written in the Discord, but regardless, not everyone wants to join the Discord and I am okay with that! I still want to keep you all informed. So, just like my Discord, there will be a weekly update, posted every Monday between 4 and 6am EST.

UPDATE:

Good morning, all! I hope you all had a great week and weekend!

Things are moving along beautifully for the game! By the end of this month another scene will be down and a new one started; how exciting!!!

As an update, we are working on the movie-theater scene and are halfway through filling in the writing portion. After that comes editing, then coding, then debugging, then finalizing. A lot to do in a short period of time but I know my team and I can do it. :slight_smile:

I also have great news: a new GUI has been made! What happened to the old one? Well, somehow the code got jumbled and I was unable to unjumble it to make it work again. It was a bit stressful, but it gave the team and I an opportunity to revamp it into something better, and yes, it is much better! I will have a reveal later in #updates-to-game when I have it finalized. I still need to code in a few things to make it a final version.

Overall I am ecstatic at how we are progressing and the newfound passion and motivation that is in the team and me!

We are, however, still looking for a few more members, specifically needed are writers and coders. It’s only me and one other on the coding side and that takes up a big portion of the progress of the game, so if you know Twine at all, or are familiar with CSS and/or HTML code and are willing to help out, give me a shout-out or DM me.

With all this said I wish you all a fantastic week!

11 Likes

how can I get access to a demo if there is one? this looks like a cool game and I wanna try it.

I’d love to help with writing but I’m working on some stuff of my own atm. Still, I wish you guys the best of luck, glad to see things are moving along!

1 Like

Demo is still a WIP as well. This is a very large game and it takes time. However, the demo will first be posted in the Discord, then on the forum. You can follow us on our Discord, which is linked in the description! :slight_smile:

Good morning!

This week starts the editing process of the movie-theater scene, then onward to coding. Things are moving along quite nicely for us on the project.

Other than that there isn’t much to say, so I wish you all a great week!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Looking for a new writer for our main girl, Kelsey.

6 Likes

will there be a demo link available at the top of page when ready?

will there be a way change the startin weight of the girl cause most of the girls start where i would start to slow the gainin down if that makes sense lol

Yes, but it will first be released in the Discord.

2 Likes

I do understand what you are saying! Unfortunately these ladies are set in there starting weights. Same with with their age and starting stats. Each girl is unique and some are a little chubbier than others, I understand, but that’s the point: each girl is unique and starts out differently. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol kk guess ill get over it :unamused: :joy:

1 Like

Weekly Update:

Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend!

This week starts the coding process of the movie-theater scene! I expect this to take about 1 week to get through, then we go on to playtesting. Exciting stuff! I’m not sure what I will have for next week in terms of scenes to be completed.

As always be sure to check out #project-help-channel if you are interested in helping, and don’t be afraid to ask questions to us.

Take care!

8 Likes

what is the movie-theater scene?

The game is comprised of scenes/dates. There are many many many scenes/dates that we plan to implement and this is one of them. Within each scene the player chooses what happens and what goes on.

6 Likes

Weekly Update:

Good morning! I hope all is well with each of you!

Man, what a month! This whole month has been dedicated to the movie-theater scene/date and I think it is paying off. It is mostly coded in and will be requiring a playtest soon, so that’s exciting! Along with that scene we have been working on the tutorial date scene that will set players up for the whole game, and today we will go over the new-day scene. All-in-all things are moving along smoothly. :slight_smile:

I don’t have anything else to say, so with that I wish you all a great week! Thank you for your continued support!

EDIT: Urgently in need on an editor. Apply with the Discord under #project-help-channel.

EDIT #2: Found another editor. Thanks! Still open for writers!

9 Likes

Good morning! I hope you all had a pleasant Easter weekend!

Things are progressing well with the game, although, this week and probably the weeks to come I will have to reduce my contribution to the project due to work. I don’t want to but I have to.

Other than work increasing, things are all right with me and the group. Of course, we could use a technical writer and we still have a few girls left to be written for, so don’t be shy in asking to come on board with us!

I also posted the tutorial date in the #releases (Discord) so be sure to check that out! I mainly am looking for critique on gameplay and the mechanics. Be sure to pick “Kelsey”, as she is the only one properly programmed right now. The tutorial date is a bit longer than most but there is a lot to the game, so be sure to take the time to read and understand what we have going for us. For critique on the tutorial please post in #game-suggestions (Discord).

That seems to be it for announcements! I hope you guys are enjoying the project’s progress and the general community we have here. God bless!

9 Likes

Weekly Update

Good morning, all!

The project progresses slowly; like I mentioned in the last update, I have been swamped at work, though that isn’t to say I’m not putting in effort to LITWTMH! It’s just slower than I want it to go. We’ll get there, though.

Some other news, for those who missed it: my wife and I are expecting a baby in December/January! I’m very excited about this and found out Saturday morning. We have been praying for a child, and the Lord has blessed us. I’ll still be working on the project, don’t you worry, but my wife and child come first, so my schedule might be a little more inconsistent from now on.

Overall, I’m stoked to be a father, and I hope you guys continue to pray for us. God bless!

13 Likes

Oh wow, congrats dude!

2 Likes

Congratulations
This hound will simply say
Focus on your kid, kin is more important than any project could ever be ya hear me

1 Like

Many congratulations!

2 Likes

I went ahead and played through the tutorial. It is obviously hard to get too much of a feel for the game as it is something with that is in its early phases. But I think it has a really promising foundation. I love the setup - visual novel in that I get a good image of what the characters look like, which helps a lot for my enjoyment (and these are really well done - close enough to real life that I can actually enjoy them). Lots of text to actually describe what is happening. But as a player I have a lot of say in the direction of the story, and this direction goes beyond simply weight gain into things like how the relationship unfolds, intimacy, lifestyle, activity level, and the like. As a user, this gives me a good sense of control and makes the game feel much more dynamic. So the basic structure is pretty much my ideal.

I’m not sure how I feel about the health aspects of the game yet without seeing it in action. While I realize health impacts are just simply a fact of life for any significant weight gain in real life, I don’t tend to enjoy the fantasy of someone getting sick or the like from all of the weight gain. It is possible it won’t be as big of a deal as it is made out to be in the tutorial, but I think I personally will be hoping for these to play a minimal role, otherwise I’ll probably end my own game play around when they start happening, as I have no desire to play through mobility scooters or bariatric beds or major sicknesses or the like. Of course, if there are 14 characters to play then it should be easy to just transition to a different save with a different character!

I really like that every character is different in terms of things they like intimately, which again adds to the idea that this is a dynamic game and I’m actively having to discover what they like. It will be interesting to see if we have any say over that or if we can have some knowledge ahead of time what they like - it would be unfortunate to pick a girl that doesn’t like the things we like and vice versa, but not find out about that until many hours of game play later and there be nothing we can do about it.

Super basic suggestion - having the up arrow be green and the down arrow be red would be really helpful in seeing at a glance what effect a choice has on the character.

Ultimately, my biggest concern with the game would be that it is so large and expansive that it either doesn’t get finished or to get finished it misses a lot of polish/detail that are helpful for enjoying the game. But if this is actually able to be fleshed out, I think this would easily be one of the two best games on this site along with The Weighting Game.

Finally, congrats on the child! What an exciting time in your life.

3 Likes