Love is the Way to My Heart - CLOSED

With it being a demo, there won’t be a ton of things to do, but it will be enough to give you a thorough idea of what you can expect.

As far as the specifics, I’ll let you figure that out when you play it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally forgot that there is a Demo! Thanks for the reminder

Where do I find the Demo?

The current version is one that has been available since August 2021. It’s in the discord.

The new demo is not out yet.

No problem, friend. With it being such a big and extensive project, it takes us as a team longer to get things done, but rest assured that we are doing our best to create something unique and worthwhile. Our hope is that when the demo drops others will step up with helping out and we can then get the project done faster.

2 Likes

So I played the demo and at first I had to get used to the lets say gameplay. I enjoyed the art in the prologues and got extremely curious and excited thanks to the tutorial. Now I know in which direction this game is going and I like it a lot. I wish to help but I do not have any skills when it comes to video game developing :frowning:

URGENT: In need of writers willing to put in overtime. Straight up.

It is with great sadness that we at +Side Studios cancel the beta date. Notice we are not cancelling the game, just the release date.

Due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to provide a beta that we would be proud to release. We have lost team members (reasons varying), and the crew remaining does not deserve to put their health on the line for a passion project, including myself. We understand that this is a disappointment, but ultimately our lives matter more than a release date.

Until further notice, the beta is indefinitely rescheduled. We will keep you all posted on our regular every-other-week schedule.

Patrons exclusively: We won’t tell you what to do with your money, as LITWTMH is a free-to-play game and the Patreon is only meant as a tip jar, but if you want to back out of paying for now, do so. +Side Studios management team will be looking at reorganizing the Patreon later this year.

We again apologize for not being able to meet the deadline, but hope you all understand nonetheless. God bless you all, and on a personal note, I hope you all stick around and continue supporting us. The game isn’t going anywhere, it is just delayed.

God bless you all. Thank you.

8 Likes

Hey, so - saw your request for writers late, so obviously my contribution is not going to put things back on track, but I’ve worked as a contract writer and editor in the past. I have a 40-hours-a-week day job, so I can’t “pull overtime,” but if you need extra hands to get the ship righted over time I’m happy to either review drafts for what is already pending in first-draft state or do spec-writing to fill holes if you’re willing to supply a “here’s what we’re looking to happen” rough guide. I also have a degree in web front-end if you need someone to do things like design passes for visual quality/usability via HTML, though my coding is rusty as hell and I’ve only dabbled in Twine - so I don’t figure I’ll be of much use in actual scripting work.

(Not asking for payment - just offering assistance.)

If this is something that will help you, feel free to shoot me a message. I check on these boards semi-infrequently (since my own game project died a slow death of neglect), but I’ll keep an eye out for your reply since I don’t have a Discord name or anything like that.

Of course I’d be happy with talking with you to see if you’re a right fit. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, you would need a Discord as that is where we do our work. It’s easy to use and it keeps everyone in one centralized location, as well as convenience of releasing information.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for offering. :slight_smile:

Good morning!

We took a break from the game to recuperate ourselves. Things will be picking back up next week.

If you’d like to help get this beta out to the public, don’t hesitate to inquire about a position!

4 Likes

This is an announcement I never thought I’d make.

It’s clear that LITWTMH is not a passion-project anymore, it is something that needs paid professionals to do. Many come, and many go, leaving progress in shambles. I refuse to continue on this way.

I have sat down and spent a few hours calculating what I would need in terms of team, money, and pay for 1-year’s-worth of help.

$45,000.

I sincerely doubt that I will ever be able to raise such an amount, but never say never, right?

With that being said, Patreon will remain open for those to donate, though you do not have to. If we ever reach this goal I will open up the project again, but until then, it is suspended until further notice.

I thank you all for your support over the years, but unfortunately LITWTMH was too much for most people to handle. I hope one day that I get to see this game come to light.

The Discord will remain open as well.

4 Likes

Hey man, I’m really sad to hear this. It always seemed to me that a lot of work was being put into this project, so I can imagine how tough of a decision this has had to be.

Have you ever considered only focusing development on a single character instead?

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, it must be a really hard decision to make. Know that we all understand, and that we’ll be here and excited if you ever decide to pick this up again.

1 Like

Well, I was going to wait for a little while, but I might as well come out and say it.

The group and I are working on 14 stand-alone novels, each one featuring one love interest from LITWTMH.

7 Likes

Just dropped the first post of Patient: Chelsea on Patreon. Go check it out, my dudes!

Currently we are only focusing on Kelsey. Unfortunately it isn’t the scope that is killing us, it’s the lack of commitment. Every time someone comes in for a week or two, even a month, then leaves, progress is screwed up because we now have to find someone to pick up where the last person left off, or others have to pick up extra work to finish what was left unfinished. I need a way to keep people committed, and unfortunately money talks.

1 Like

I haven’t pulled the plug yet, hence keeping Patreon open and the recent announcement of our releasing books to help raise money. :slight_smile: I appreciate your kind words, though. Thank you.

Do you have any plans for a Annaisha Hayashi story? And will art be included in the novels? I hope this works out for you!

Of course! All 14 love interests will have a one-off story. :slight_smile: Just haven’t started that book yet. Thanks for the support and question!

1 Like