LSE:R Gameplay Tips & Hints

One at the tent in the beginning of the game, by eating too much food.

One by losing to Carol in the inn basement.

One by messing up during the librarian’s quest in the 30 day wait time.

One that has several variations in Marianne’s paralogue, the method I found was by losing the the boss of the paralogue, although I think there are at least two more.

One that has three possible scenes you can watch by losing to the Slime Queen. From what I can tell, Hilda’s scene doesn’t work properly.

1 Like

thank you very much now I wont need to keep 20 different saves to try and track them all down thanks again

Summary

on the marianne one there is one if you if it becomes dark out and your out side, your given a choice to ether go back to inn or take up the rich dude offer.

How do I fish? I can’t seem to catch the demon fish cause it keeps breaking my line

So, I’m in the Marianne paralogue, and I’m trying to find the second piece of Umbral Steel to fix Blutgang. I’ve gotten the first one from doing the fetch quest (the one that starts with Gramma’s biscuits), but I have no idea where the other piece might be. Any hints that’ll nudge me in the right direction?

Also worth asking if I’m able to get this 2nd piece of Umbral AFTER I defeat Harthen or if it has to be done BEFORE that point.

You will get it after the Harthen fight, that’s when it becomes available.

1 Like

Okay, I’m clearly missing something. I’m almost certain I’ve checked every house and talked to every person, and no hints as to who or what leads me to that 2nd piece of Umbral Steel. The only thing I’ve noticed is the Mayor isn’t in his office anymore after speaking with the holster.

So…what am I missing?

I believe after taking care of the Harthen fight, not sure if it’s by killing him or sparing him, but going to the mayor’s office and looking around at all his seized assests gets you a Umbral Steel.

1 Like

…I…did not even realize you could spare Harthen. Just ran the fight back and sure enough…sparing him is what did it! Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for having the patience to do that again!
I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Alright, so I’ve been attempting to navigate the Dampened Depths for a while now…and I very much understand why people have been struggling so much. It’s…not fun, though I imagine a lot of the issues are more than likely going to addressed in the upcoming update.

Even still, there are a couple suggestions I would like to at least put out there that I thought of while making my way through the depths.
-With Hilda essentially acting as the team’s tank, I feel like giving her a “Taunt” skill would be nice, as a means of drawing attacks towards her and away from the others (especially poor Marianne)…at least for a couple turns. And maybe have it cost TP to use since she doesn’t really have any skills that use TP anyways.
-Items and certain services (namely Carol and the seller for Adrianna’s Threads) are WAY too expensive for how little money you actually make. Cutting those prices in half or even by 25% would go a long way.
-Either some way of being able to few the whole map to allow for more convenient wayfinding, or a toggle to increase/decrease the size of the mini-map. Mini-map is helpful, but I sometimes don’t feel it has enough coverage for how open the caves are at times.
-Perhaps implementing an item that increases digestion rate for a short while, since losing weight naturally takes an age and a half without Carol.
-As some people have mentioned before, adding an item that would temporarily lower the encounter rate of enemies.
-The escape rate needs to be MUCH higher. There have been so many times where I got into a fight when I was in no condition to fight, tried to escape but continue to fail over and over until I get bodied…unless my units were already fattened up, in which case it’s just a slog of nothing happening until I try to escape enough time. I don’t have an issue with a challenge, far from it…but I do have an issue with tedium.

Not sure how much of this is doable or already implemented with the upcoming update, but again, I just wanted to get my thoughts out there.

You’re correct, a lot of those things are being addressed.
-There’s a way to get a taunt skill early in the game if you recruit what’s his name aaaaaaaaaaa I’m brain farting. It should be in the box in his tent.
-The original plan was to have mineable resources you could sell, as well as selling monster body parts/drops to make a profit. This will be added when I get around to balancing the game.
-Frankly I’m disappointed in the design of the dungeon maps. I should’ve done them myself, which is what I’ve been doing since. At the moment I’m trying to implement ways to make the Caves less open and repetitive, such as adding recognizable landmarks, adding more walls/space to cut down on the large open areas, zooming out the screen in the area, and making the mini-map zoomed out.
-That’s an interesting idea, I’ll look into it, but with how digestion currently works, it could end up being a complicated fix.
-Much like the digestion, that could end up being very complicated--------- I litterally just thought of a solution to that issue. I’ll work on that after I eat.
-Escape Rate and the Critical hit Rate are both somehow insanely borked.
Let me make this clear, the escape rate is supposed to be a flat 45% that increases by roughly 15 every single time. This means the escape rate on a third attempt should be an almost guaranteed 90%. I don’t know why it’s currently so finicky. I was playtesting and had the same issue, I set the escape rate to 1000% and still couldn’t escape. So this is something I will need to be working on.

Yes, I agree that currently the game’s challenge/tedium balance is definitely not what I’m looking for. Once I finish the Fetish content, Balance will be my next concern.

1 Like

Okay so I used one of the saves already in the slot and I am stuck trying to get through th Slime Dungeon Dampened Cave, unless of course the location to get the next key item is elsewhere. Also I am low on items and don’t know where to get anymore to heal my characters and restore their mana. Also I used the item I got in the dungeon that automatically makes them fat but how long does it take to get to the stages after it? Also a couple of bugs, whenever I am fat Bana won’t let me sleep at the Inn or give meals. Also when accepting his fishing quest, Bana would disappear and does not return. Any assistance/viable strategies?

Also because I skipped some stuff through one of the save files in the bottom I might have lost my chance to get the Escape button/skill because I can’t now. I guess that is on me for my curiousity, but I thought the Paralogue 1 thing was going to be a special prequel chapter that would unlock stuff for later in the game.

Oh goodness that’s a lot.
The Dampened Dungeon’s key item is not hidden, it’s at the very bottom of the map, go down to B2F I believe then find the boss room. Nearly every cave route leads there.
I don’t know what to say about the bugs, and I’m not sure if Obese is in that version of the game, forgive me it has been a year.
Bana will be outside of the inn after you get the required fish, I believe there’s a way to sleep at his inn regardless.

There is no Escape Skill, I’m adding one in this update however. Marianne will unlock it when she reaches a certain level.

2 Likes

Also does the day and night cycle also work with the 30 day wait in Chapter 2? I am wanting to do some sidequests but I want to know/make sure I can do all of them. For instance the cigarettes one? Is that in the ruined forest dungeon or is it on the overworld map? Cause the spiders keep kicking my ass/or rather Lystheia’s ass as they keep killing her. Also I don’t think I can use Provoke in time for Hilda to tank the hits for Lystheia, or maybe I could and I was just dumb.

So the Chimeras guarding the chest are N.M.E’s. Same with those thieves that spawn in Erith’s Outskirts at night right?

I ran into a similar problem when I was accepting the Bana quest but couldn’t speak to him to sleep and cause it was late I couldn’t leave. Tried going to the bed but it wouldn’t let me go to bed in it by pressing space.

Thieves are not, those are side quest enemies.

Will be fixed in the next update.