Lysithea's Sweet Escapades

Find a bug when you get to the Post Dragon feast and talk to everyone and the maid say eat the Red apple first and I can not eat anything.

You need to talk to everyone, including the innkeep, first.

I too am suffering from this issue, I have talked to everyone, I can only interact with the empty basket, and nothing seems to progress.

Also leaving the inn just crashes the game at this point.

2 Likes

Same here, apples wont work and game crashes when you leave.

I will fix this issue today.

I would like to apologize for the bugs and issues that everyone’s been running into.
Thankfully, our project recently got some bugtesters who will be doing a much better job than I have at finding bugs and solving major issues.

I want to thank you all for your patience and consideration for our game during this time. We are currently still in a transitional phase in trying to organize project and workflow while reworking the previous build left to us by Bern.

I’m aware that the various bugs and issues may have shaken both your excitement and your faith in the project, and I humbly apologize for my incompetence bringing about such feelings. In my haste to keep the promise of releasing a demo at the assigned date, I made numerous errors.

However, this is our first release with me heading the development of the project. As such, I fully and truly believe it can only get better from here on out…mainly because it can’t get much worse than this.
Give us some time to flesh out this demo so we can present you all with an experience that will make up for all the difficulties you’ve encountered thus far!

So I’m sorry for all the issues you’ve encountered, but please remain patient with us as we fix the demo and make it truly spectacular!

5 Likes

when you lose to Carol the cutscene seems to be broken as soon as Anne enters the room, she inspects Hilda and then freezes completely when going to inspect Lysithea ,another bug i noticed is when you enter the library, it crashes the game because of Yanfly’s text plug in

Both bugs have already been noted and added to the log to be fixed.

2 Likes

A couple of things I found potentially related to the inn post battle feast sequence bugs. The inn exit bug seems to occur due to a missing graphic file. The following error message eventually pops up:

The hildaface2 graphics file seems to have been put in the img folder but not the faces subfolder. Putting it into that folder seems to fix that problem.

I also get the same file error when I have HIlda step away from her starting spot in the inn corner and then walk back onto it. The missing message has Hilda saying she needs to talk to everybody, including Anne, before talking to Carol- should HIlda’s intro speech bubble occur automatically?

Also, when Hilda first speaks to Anne, Hilda don’t actually talk to her, but rather she meekly notes Anne’s judgemental nature radiating off of her. Is this supposed to happen the first time you interact with Anne?

Did i understand correctly that option for talking with mercnary is bugged? Armorsmith told me to talk with mercenary, but i already tried to talk with EVERYONE in town and nothing is happening.
I already had stuffing scene.
I think i found my Issue, i CAN NOT speak with guard captain, or whatever this old guy was.
I’m just clicking space/enter near him and nothing is happening, there is no any dialogue.

I won’t lie and say that having a bug free release wouldn’t be preferable, but as this is a free game for a niche fetish I don’t think this is particularly bad. Frequent saving, creating new Hildaface files, and a bit of save editing has gotten me through most of the crashes so far, and I’ve enjoyed the game even if the dark maze was kind of a pain and the old man being wrong about the dragon was a dirty trick. There are a few problems I haven’t been able to circumvent, like being unable to return to the tent labyrinth to fight the strong mimic because it still thinks I’m looking for Hilda’s clothes, but this is still a solid attempt even if lacking a little in the polish department.

Just remember, even the first release of Apostles had a tree placed in such a way you couldn’t advance in the first five minutes, because sometimes mistakes just happen.

1 Like

Okay, the whole feast scene is a massive mess because Bern set the thing up to work on variables that are assigned when talking to people and even eating.

I was more concerned with fleshing out the newer content that I slapped a band-aid on what soon turned out to be a gaping flesh wound.

The errors regarding Hilda’s face are because I completely remade the faces from the ground up as the original files lacked much emotion and variation, as such I had to go back through and reassign Hilda’s face files to the new files, and I definitely missed dialogue here and there.

The biggest issue is that, honestly, if we were to get the game working flawlessly, we would have to redo a lot of things from almost the ground up as Bern’s initial design philosophy was as stable as a Jenga tower.
Most of the events in the game are set to counter-intuitive flags and variables, especially the feast.
Another big issue is, honestly, because I did a lot of playtesting myself I did things in the most optimal “You’re supposed to do it like this” way possible, so things like Hilda’s face error coming up in certain scenes are a result of that.

Also, and I don’t know if this is hilarious or tragic, because I knew the solutions to things like the dark maze, I would say to myself “Hmmm, maybe this is too easy…?”
Same thing with the dragon boss where I spent nearly a week tweaking the topple rate of Stomping Destruction because I thought it either never topples enough for toppled too often.

I really need to keep in mind that not everyone shares in the masochistic joy I get from playing things like Shin Megami Tensei and that, while challenge is nice, most people aren’t here for the game to bend you over it’s knee and break your back.

While I will keep that in mind, I do not plan on making the game easy, or will the niche fetish be the primary focus of the story. I wish for the game to be enjoyable on its own terms as well.

2 Likes

It’s alright. Just playing the game up to the party was a good journey in itself. It was like playing FE3H with quirks attach to it. The interfaces with each character is much more diverse than I was expecting.

2 Likes

When I lose to Carol, the next scene doesn’t move on.

We are aware and it’s being fixed

Is there a new version if so how do I download it?

We are currently doing a massive debug sweep, and while progress so going very well, we will not be releasing the demo right away.

Give us some time to ensure the demo is as polished as we can make it.

12 Likes

Here’s the new thread of the game!
Demo is up and ready, please bookmark the new thread as well!

4 Likes

can someone make a list of the endings because i dont want to miss any

1 Like

This thread is no longer being updated.
Please follow the Redux thread for the latest news.