Lysithea's Sweet Escapades

Yeah, even with the little bit we are able to play right now, I actually love what you’ve got going for it.

It seems more accurate to the characters than the original. The changes to the battle system are some of the best I’ve seen in an RPGmaker game and do a good job of emulating the Fire Emblem style.
Plus, the stuffing scene is just :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have to agree with this!

I am very glad to hear both the writing and the battles have exceeded your expectations.

The writing was my primary concern as a writer (before I got into the gameplay) and when I did get into the gameplay, game balance and feel were my top priorities.

1 Like

I have the same Hilda bug. Interestingly enough, the bed in the tent does change when I pick up the armor and I can no longer use it. So some event has taken place.

Okay, I’ve done some brainstorming and figured out the issue.

In RPG Maker, events have different pages, each page has a list of commands that get run when the event is activated.

The kicker is that the event pages have priority over one another, so page 2 will run instead of page 1 even if both have the requirements to run active.

What’s happening is that the generic ‘Leave town event’ is activating and since it is on page 7, it’s much higher than the actual event that needs to be run at that point.

The reason this is causing problems is because the flag that triggers Hilda’s dialogue and advances the plot is tied directly to that ‘leaving town event’ so a player can leave town early if they want.

This is a very simple fix and, in fact, I’ve already fixed it, but Spectrum internet is being a real problem right now so uploading is taken forever, and I actually have to do it from my phone its so bad.
I may just upload the proper map file with the fix, along with instructions on how to patch it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wa1TiQBYk5BAaCBFfjSAHOxFaIZqSI4s/view?usp=sharing

Here’s the fixed file Map file. Put this in the data folder within the game’s folder.

Try to use a save file from before you left town to ensure it works.
This will not solve other small issues like the infinite items or the screen going dark when re-entering the inn, all I can say for that second one is do not re-enter then inn once you’ve left it the first time, until you’ve bested the dragon.

I will continue to attempt the hotfix upload, but don’t get your hopes up. This is the best I can do for now.

2 Likes

Found another issue. When you go to the west in the desert to the event with the fire you get an error for hildaface.png. That doesn’t exist in the face files, but I copied hildaalt and renamed it to hildaface, so that works.

2 Likes

I don’t know if the dragon fight’s bugged or if the dialogue with the old man in town that tells you to use your poison spell is out of date because your poison spell has literally 0 effect on the dragon.

It resists poison, but it’s not out of date.
The old man’s just wrong.

Not all gossip you hear in towns and from NPCs will be true.
It’s up to the player to determine what’s true and what isn’t.

I may change that in future releases though, in retrospect, it could be rather mean to players. And while I enjoy RPGs that, to quote a rather famous video ‘take advantage of our innate gullibility’, it might not be the best for the game.

3 Likes

The post-dragon victory feast doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve talked to everyone in the room but every time I come back to talk to the maid I get the same “come back once you’ve talked to everybody” message.

So, I’m pretty sure that the dark maze in the inn’s basement is impossible to complete.
I’ve tried every option, but the only thing that seems like it’s possible to progress is the crack in the wall, but you can’t break it.

There’s a pizza near the entrance that says “Weight decreased by 50” and a pig that makes Lysithea comment that she is hungry but no other food is able to be interacted with. If I were to guess you are supposed to eat the food to make her fat/stuffed then break through the crack. As far as I can tell this just isn’t possible unless I’m missing something.

And ditto on the feast, you can’t progress it at all.

I can’t find the file. Was it erased or something? It brings me to a empty website for google drive

My internet is back, so I’m free to respond and fix everything.

I’m going to change the feast progression anywho, that was left over by the initial dev and I never bothered to change it.

I’m ashamed to say the pig and pizza that increases/decreases weight is actually just a thing I added to test the weight gain system. That’s not actually part of the maze lol, it’s just there to test systems and I forgot to remove it. Same with the pile of plates in the which reduce your gold.

The Dark Maze, on the other hand, works perfectly and is not impossible to complete, just very challenging.

I’ll change all the issues in the feast and upload a hotfix of all the bugs.

Thank you all for your patience during this rather messy first release of all this.

I’d appreciate if you messaged me when talking about potential gameplay spoilers in the future.

@FallenKing107 Same here, says “No preview available. File is in owner’s trash.”

That is because I now have this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NqQZOZVr5Xq_wUQe1XZH3sU48OkHKIKi/view?usp=sharing

The hotfix!
This one has all the bugs and issues everyone addressed fixed!

Thank you all for your patience, please, enjoy the game fully now!

4 Likes

Thank you for the fix

is this byleth a male or female in this game

Find a bug when you get to the Post Dragon feast and talk to everyone and the maid say eat the Red apple first and I can not eat anything.

You need to talk to everyone, including the innkeep, first.