Meaning Behind Our Usernames

Hold up, you play(ed) for Bama? No way! I go to school there now! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, teen daywalker in highschool. I liked it better than Twilight.

Dingotush is a character in the book Vurt, by Jeff Noon, that I’d just read when I was invited to a chat channel around 20 years ago. It might have been AIM or IRC, or similar. Whatever it was didn’t allow a space in usernames, so I needed a new one, and one that would be recognised as me by others already in that channel. As the book is set in (a parallel version) of the Manchester I was a student in I used it. Since I was on dial-up and had no mobile, there was no out-of-band way to communicate what my new username would be - it had to be something people who knew me would associate with me.

It kind of stuck, and since others find it useful to refer to me that way I’ve not tried to change it. I do occasionally have to explain that my “personal furry” isn’t a dingo though.

1 Like

That’s wack! I just redshirted so I’m going to be a junior next year. it’s a great school

1 Like

I have this username cos I’m resigned over the place they’re keeping in Hell for me and all my fetishes.

Boy, do I have some good news for you! There is hope in Jesus!

I was making an account for a flash-game website, and couldn’t come up with a good username, until I thought: Hmm, Will… Like, willpower, and sir, like the title…

I associate the name with jumbo shrimp because that website was Kongregate and my Kongpanion at the time was the shrimp.

Well my name’s Zoe and my girlfriend calls me a troll fox a lot so it seemed to fit! I also have a tendency to laugh like a fox (if you’re curious, just search for Finnegan Fox on YT) and have lots of playful energy irl. The extra x is cuz I wanted the name to be kinda sexy but didn’t want to commit to the full xxx at the end, so I landed in the middle.

In fact I got the idea of this name after playing to the game Earth 2150 an old game from the beginning of the centaury.

There were an unity called “Hyperion”, a mobile Artillerie.

But then I saw this name in many games or other, like the battleship in starcraft, the titan in the mythology or other.

Ok so my username originates from the name Gosho which is a very popular name and often used as a joke in my country the “to” in the end is basically the same as putting “the” before a word but since someone used this username on a certain site i replaced one “o” with an “e”.

I wanted my name to be short and memorable, so I came up with something short that sounded funny. I later found out that it happens to be a word that relates to eating, so it all works out.

Probably the most lazy out of all usernames mine is Zeldasalt because I really like Scott Falco’s Zelda salt series.

Goblin products are “Built. To. Blast”.

I like Goblins.

2 Likes

I wanted something related to games with a personal touch - so my very original brain thought that a spoonerism of “feature creep” would be the best.

Fallen part of my name was related to the fact that I go on websites to fill my pleasure. The king was to show that I had dominance even when I have Fallen. The 107 was to add texture to my name.

The first step is recognition. Take the next step, brother. :slight_smile: You can be free from falling, coming from one who used to fall a lot.

Well though you’ve fallen you’ve fine company in this sea since we all float down here
Pardon the reference pun

I made mine when i was in a edgy phase, but i was a dumbass and thought that REAPER was spelled REAPIER, but now i just keep it.

For some reason I always name myself after mathematicians on fetish sites. No idea why, I’m sure Freud would have a field day with that one. Accordingly, Dedekind is an actual mathematician who happens to have something called a Dedekind cut, which I always thought sounded vaguely like a move in a video game. Made him feel fitting for an alias on a game site.

Actually just wanted to have something funny. Came up with “plaseface”. I use this nickname for almost eight years now and I’m not planning to change it anytime soon because it is actually kinda unique and special for me.