Minecraft: The Fat Suite V1.0.5

It already is. Just don’t install Pehkui, or edit the model yourself and remove those changes.

Or, just completely disable Scaling feature from Effects > Model Effects > Scaling

That is another bonus of this being so modular. If I release a bigger model and it somehow doesn’t have a solution by the time I release it, then you can just change the hitbox yourself.

My point more is that if I’m going to be putting it out there with the main release I want it to be compatible with the vanilla game, for the purposes of a cleaner, and basic approach.

Edit 1: Oh, and, in order for a “config option” to be available I’d have to just release variants with all the options, and while I’m down to do that for much more complex changes like a bigger belly, or other things that entail body types, for this I’d rather have the sneaking solution, or just tell people to do it themselves if it’s something that matters to them a lot.

interesting i did not know that

1 Like

you can also access these changes in game if you have op. /scale set pehkui:hitbox_width (n)

the number you input is multiplicative. 1 is the default value, 2 is double, .5 is half, ect.

can you tell Ive worked with these commands a lot? Its been months since I played last.

1 Like

Absolutely correct! Have you tried to do something similar to what I’ve been doing before? You seem pretty knowledgeable about CPM and Pehkui. I might have a doppelganger… :disguised_face:

If the player wants to change the hitbox real time in single player, it’s simple with this command. If you want the changes to stick after you die, make sure you do:
/scale persist set pehkui:hitbox_width true

If not, you can set your hitbox back to my default.

I was gonna type some big old thing, but the long story short, to everyone I was talking about the hitbox with (so not you MK), the reason why I don’t go ahead and make bigger models and ask people to use this command if it inconveniences them is because beyond the OP thing even if they had just the permission for the command through something like LuckPerms, the /scale command not only lets you change things about your hitbox, but also allows you to change things like your speed, and other gameplay affecting things. CPM however allows you to alter the hitbox without needing OP. This suite is supposed to be as compatible as possible with any way you want to use it, so ignoring someone playing on a server they’re not OP on isn’t in line with that.

1 Like

Perhaps another option for getting through tight spots could be through a use of a lubricant? For example creating a potion-like concoction that the player could apply themselves with which grants the player the ability of being able to get through 1x2 frames at a slower pace whilst the effect is present?

1 Like

Ok, to make it completely clear to everyone for the future, because the reason why I didn’t write the big thing before was because I made this point clear, but let me just lay it out here (and I might just link this in the FAQ):

• This is not a fully fledged Forge or Fabric mod. It is a suite of models for an already existing mod: Customizable Player Models, or CPM for short. CPM is not my mod. I was recommended to tag this post as #mod by the admins because it is kind of “a mod” for Minecraft. Minecraft modding is not like some games where complex modding like adding fully fledged items and robust gameplay mechanics can be done through text files or some kind of modding tool like the Creation Kit. You need to be a rudementary Java coder to even begin “modding” things into the game like items. Though, other modders, and the nature of the game come to the rescue, because through some “mods” there are frameworks to add new content into Minecraft kind of like the resource pack and datapack system. Though, because it’s not a fully fledged mod, here are some things I physically cannot do:
    • Add items.
    • Add gameplay mechanics beyond what CPM will let me do interfacing with Pehkui.
    • Add Real Time Weight Gain!
    • …and, currently Changing Hitbox Scale In Real Time. I’m currently looking into making an issue on the GitHub about that one. I’m just trying to use my wording carefully.
  • Though, even if I had the option to make things this way, I wouldn’t, because:
    • Guts & Tums will eventually fill this particular niche.
    • Updating is a breeze with this setup as was demonstrated when during 1.19’s release, Fabric, CPM, Pehkui, and by extension my models were available day one, minute one.
    • Personally, I really enjoy the simplicity.
    • From 1.7.10 (though it may be buggy) - 1.19, for both Fabric and Forge, these models are available.
    • That isn’t an end to the compatibility however. Due to it being client sided it can theoretically be used on any kind of server, even if the server doesn’t have the mod installed. The moment you add anything like fully fledged modded items and gameplay mechanics it is not client sided anymore.
    • This project was made ultimately for me, and I am a Minecraft aficionado that plays on many different versions, mod loaders, and set ups. I personally enjoy where Mojang has taken their game in the past few years despite some hiccups, and would like to continue seeing the game updated. The recent log4j scare has also convinced me there are non creative reasons to want to stay updated. It is not only important for these reasons that it be compatible, but because of the nature of my secret project, even if all these problems were gone I wouldn’t because by the nature of my secret project I promise all of you that this will be infinitely more convenient than the alternative. I just can’t tell you because it’s secret. It will all make sense in due time.

When I say something is “outside the purview of The Fat Suite”, it usually means it’s some kind of gameplay mechanic that is impossible for me to implement, but even if I could I wouldn’t because it would sacrifice some of the things that make this project worthwhile.

I think people see “mod”, and see “Minecraft” and immediately think of something like Big Fatties, but Minecraft is very different from Starbound.

Minecraft can be “modded” literally dozens of different ways. Here are some examples:

• Fully fledged Forge or Fabric mods.
  • Resourcepacks.
  • Datapacks.
  • Serverside content through plugins for Minecraft servers.
  • For mods like CPM that allow it, things like The Fat Suite that add content through an already existing mod.
  • Adventure maps.

I promise you that every single one of these could be utilized for our fetish. Guts & Tums has chosen number 1. I have chosen number 5 for this project, and chose another one for my secret project. All of those methods have strengths, and weaknesses. Datapacks, like some mods, are not clientsided, but are simpler to install, and can add functionality to servers serverside. Resourcepacks don’t touch anything gameplay related and with Optifine you can change entities’ models (which I may or may not have plans for in the future :smirk:). Point is it’s very diverse, and just because you see people adding things into Minecraft one way does not mean they can do it the other. There are people who just do resourcepacks for example.

Also, this wasn’t picking on you particularly, Gary. I just wanted to make this clear because it’s something I think there’s been a lot of misunderstanding about. I hope I didn’t come on too strong with you, because you and everyone else are just trying to contribute good ideas, but I hope that now it makes a little more sense.

Now, whenever someone asks about this I can direct them here.

1 Like

Would real time weight gain be along the lines of your character slowly over time gaining weight or just at a certain point character changes to a larger model. In my head I was imagining at a certain point your character switches to a larger model but maybe both ways of thinking are too ambitious. For example In my head real time would be every food item would increase your character size by a small amount. However the much simpler way would be at a certain requisite you move to a chubby model, repeat untill you get to the biggest model

1 Like

That’s a fair question, since I talk about not being able to add it often I should strictly define what I’m talking about:

Real Time Weight Gain is what I call any automatic change to the models’ shape based on anything gameplay wise. Like, eating a bunch of bread, and the character model automatically changing to a fatter model via some kind of gameplay mechanic in real time. Both of what you described are considered to me Real Time Weight Gain.

I wasn’t comfortable saying “Weight Gain” would never be added, because once I add other sizes you can technically swap the models out manually and RP weight gain yourself.

When I talk about not being able, or willing to add Real Time Weight Gain, what I’m saying is I cannot and will not for this particular project add a Big Fatties style weight gain mechanic.

Think of The Fat Suite less as some kind of super ambitious Big Fatties style thing with all the dials and levers, other fetishes, stomach capacity meter, and all that other stuff with just something like a model/texture (for 2d games) replacement mod.

As I’ve said, that niche will already be filled by Guts & Tums, and I don’t want this project being better or worse. I just want it to be something different for people like me that want maximum compability and customizability over a weight gain mechanic, vore, stomach capacity mechanic, dozens of items, and other bells and whistles I personally don’t need, as like I said before:

I know all you guys are just wanting to help by suggesting ideas, and are excited to sink your teeth into one of the first publicly available Minecraft related projects in recent years, and I’ve tried to be as polite as possible by telling you guys all the reasons I did things the way that I did.

I just expected people to criticize the quality of my models, the lack of lower sizes, and all that sort of stuff, but all people have ever seemed to talk about is adding what I never set out to do in the first place, and there’s only so many times I can answer a question like:

“Hello, good painter sir! Your painting is quite a good step towards something better. When will you make it animate?”

It’s quite disheartening to me that I put a good amount work tweaking these models, when just a year and a half ago I couldn’t model or texture anything, I overcome immense anxiety to release them to the public, and all people can talk about is what this project doesn’t and won’t ever have, you know? I’ve said multiple times that my secret project is more ambitious, and that this only does and will only ever do what it says on the tin.

It just kind of bums me out, you know?

I thought I made something cool and I was excited to share it with the community because I had seen nothing else Minecraft related of this size and for the current versions.

Apparently though it isn’t cool enough.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, I think maybe I just didn’t pick up on what this (mod? project I guess?) would seek out to achieve. If its not in the works that fine, Ill be here anyways. Cant wait to see new sizes and what ever else you choose do with Minecraft. Don’t think of it as “its not good enough” and rather Its so good it can only be better. That’s how I see it, maybe I’m weird. But either way this is like the coolest thing for the fetish in Minecraft currently.

I hope you’re not too disheartened because I genuinely enjoy what you’ve created I would love to see more. :+1:

1 Like

I don’t know, man. Thank you for the kind words. I just see everyone else doing and posting stuff even just today that makes my head spin and it just makes me want to give up.

I even had stuff to show but I don’t even know if people are gonna care after Guts & Tums comes out.

I mean who wouldn’t want to see how this project Grows :smirk:

Because Guts & Tums is going to have basically everything that you guys are talking about. That’s why.

It might take a while, and it might be for an old version, but from what I’ve gathered thusfar people won’t care if it’s for rd-131655 as long as it had those mechanics.

rd-131655

Let me explain the joke:

1 Like

Well I cant convince you to post something or create something you don’t want to. But I can say that a lot of people downloaded the models with no pre text of it ever turning into something it was never indented to be. I think I and others just got excited seeing a new Minecraft project since there isn’t really much out there we can grasp onto. And having customizable fat models is already a lot for Minecraft considering the standard model is literally just 5 rectangles and square head. Sorry if I made you feel inadequate for posting something you spent a lot of time on. Again I really enjoy what you’ve created and would love to see more.

It wasn’t just what you said, so no apologies are needed. It wasn’t just what one person said. It’s just most of the comments here have been about things I’ve never ever set out to do with this project. It’s just hard not to feel inadequate when you put something out there like my previous analogy before of a painter showing off a painting of a rain forest or something and all most people can say about it is how it doesn’t animate like a gif, or how it doesn’t play music or jungle ambience to accompany it, and in response they try and give helpful tips like:

“Hey, just make it a flipbook instead!”, “Get a giant boombox and crank up that 1 Hour Of Monkey Sounds to MAX!”

…and the painter says: “But I like to paint. There are many reasons I chose to be a painter like-”

“Get an art tablet and animate it into a full TV show!!”, “How about Monkey Island 2 - Dinky Island - Jungle Ambience (30 min)?”

If it was just you then I would’ve just answered your question like I answered the other couple of questions I got, and we would’ve been on our way, but it was partially also how when it transitioned away from Real Time Weight Gain, it became about hitboxes, and all these solutions also outside of the purview of what I set out to do for this project.

But anyways, we’re getting off topic. I just don’t know anymore.

1 Like

Well Its ultimately up to you what you choose do with the fat suite so Ill leave you to it.

1 Like

Well, I guess let’s leave it up to a good old fashioned poll then, and maybe if people wanna chime in with a more detailed thought they can go ahead:

Will You Still Care About The Fat Suite Once Guts & Tums Comes Out?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I am following this more then guts and tums just to see the models you make.

2 Likes

No offense to the devs of Guts & Tums, but currently, I’m liking this mod more just due to its general simplicity. G&T is slated to add a lot of features that are tailored around the tastes of specific folks, and while there’s nothing wrong with that, I’m not really into the whole “monster girls running around trying to vore you” scene.

3 Likes

The reason I’m following this mod is because unlike the other two mentioned mods, this one has actual progress being posted, which to me indicates that this will be more than just an idea since there have been projects to add weight gain to minecraft, but were never realized. And since you have created and plan on creating more models, you, unfortunately, have been given the expectation of creating a weight gain mod.

Though if all you wanted to do is create a few fat models for minecraft characters then I guess beggars can’t be choosers

2 Likes