Minecraft: The Fat Suite V1.0.5

I love everything about this hypothetical project.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, working backwards from Gigantic to some lower size is in some ways actually harder than making a larger size…
I don’t know when the lower size is going to be available but that’s what I’m prioritizing right now.

Strange Things

In other news, I also wanted to let you guys know about some kind of supernatural occurrence I experienced earlier today.

Whenever I was testing the models, all of a sudden some strange things were happening to me, ain’t no doubt about it. For some reason, my immediate inclination was that it was a demon that infected my Minecraft installation, as opposed to something more likely.

Obviously, my first thought was to buy a Ouija Board to maybe see if I could communicate with it (as you do), and whoever I talked with told me to look on my desktop. On my desktop was a hypothetical .png file seemingly related to the theoretical project I told you guys about. I managed to use one of those converter websites to convert hypothetical .pngs into actual .pngs.

Here’s what it gave me:
2022-06-13_04.15.05

From what it seems, this theoretical project seems to be a lot more multi-faceted than a suite of models for an already existing mod. What could it be, though?.. I mean, people are already making a mod, so what could this project be if it’s not a mod?

When I asked the thing in the Ouija Board what any of this meant, it just moved the planchette to L and then O over and over again.

I think it’s mocking me…

I’m going to be hiring an exorcist from Nevada to see what’s going on with my Minecraft installation. He said that many people’s computers are getting infected with demons whenever they go on websites related to deviant interests… Specifically those focused on The Seven Deadly Sins. You know, like Lust… Wrath… Pride… Sloth… Greed… Envy…

I wonder why my computer got infected with demons though… I don’t think I looked at any websites that really had to do with any of those recently. Though for some reason I think I’m forgetting one.

Oh, well.

The next time I make progress on the models I’ll give you guys an update on what the exorcist says along with a picture of how the models are looking thusfar. When I told him the project was theoretical, he told me he was specifically skilled at theoretical things given he himself has a theoretical license to exorcise things, and a theoretical degree in physics. He says he’s the best web-demon exorciser this side of the Mississippi, and if there’s anyone who can get this demon to talk, it’s him. Honestly the platform boots are really selling me on his legitimacy.

I hope everyone knows this is just a tongue and cheek way to tease my next project. Just putting this here so somebody doesn’t sue me.

6 Likes

Have to say, I love how this mod is looking so far. Your textures are amazing (seriously, gorgeous) and the models have a nice balance as well between looking blocky and organic. Looking forward to seeing where this goes next.

1 Like

I just thought I’d go ahead and respond to the other messages I’ve gotten given there’s not that many and I’m pretty bored.

It’s seeming like that’s how it’s going to go given the overwhelming response for more sizes, and obviously I know why most people voted for that…

I guess Steve and Alex are going to get back to the drawing board on making some more efficient farms. I just don’t think they can fit to do the Redstone wiring anymore, so they, much like me, are going to have to get creative.

Well, technically Gigantic is less than 2 blocks wide, because if it wasn’t then you wouldn’t be able to fit through double doors, but I get what you’re saying. This time triple instead of double base width. I’ve just gotta think about gameplay. Even though it’s easily changeable if you know what you’re doing, I’d expect that for 3 times base hitbox width a lot of people would get frustrated at the sheer amount of times you’d have to change the landscape around you to accommodate (though I and probably some people also find that hot so… :flushed:)

Thank you for the kind words, really! Like I said it really keeps me going. For every comment like this I see it just motivates me to work even harder on this.

There’s a lot more polishing to be done, but I’m glad you like 'em as they are now. That is exactly the balance I wanted to strike while still being in line with Minecraft’s new (and amazing) art style.

I’ve seen the opinion that Minecraft’s default model has a lot to be desired, and that people won’t care if it clashes with other stuff and all that but personally I do.

It would’ve been quite easy in my opinion to just get an obj file, import it weirdly into Blockbench, then convert it to the CPM format, color it, and call it a day, but for me, if it looks completely out of place it personally takes me out of the experience. I wanted to make high quality models of Steve and Alex (in Minecraft’s style obviously) that look like they could actually throw back whole bottles of honey on a full stomach in 2 seconds flat.

(y e s)

Since I can’t even handle more than a spoonful on an empty stomach I imagined Steve and Alex had to be absolutely huge, but once I checked Minecraft’s promotional art I see who’s really dedicated to realism…

Stranger 1 - Mojang 0

Come on Mojang! You can remove fireflies because frogs don’t eat them in real life, have parrots die when you feed them cookies, but when Steve/Alex drink gallons and gallons of honey on top of a meal of steak, bread, and cake to get their saturation up, they somehow don’t struggle to walk after a couple of months of doing that multiple times a day?

For shame, Jeb! For shame!

Though, I can’t get all the credit!

• CPM is a wonderful mod and without it I wouldn’t be half the Minecraft texturer or modeler I am today, and Steve and Alex wouldn’t frighten the Farmer Villager with their mere approach.
  • Also, Pekhui is a treasure. Not only because it’s fun to screw with but because it’s for both Fabric and Forge and is the first time I’ve seen a mod that goes so indepth with such a simple concept like screwing with Minecraft’s scale.
  • Hats off to whatever team at Mojang makes Minecraft Dungeons, because like I said I the credits section Steve and Alex in that look way better than their in-game counterparts. Even though I changed a lot, the skins I used were almost directly ripped from that game. I haven’t played it myself but from what I’ve seen it’s not bad.
2 Likes

Well that didn’t age well.

6 Likes

Touché, Jeb.

Stranger 1 - Mojang 1

Also, to give this post some utility, I chose to close the poll related to stages for my hypothetical project, given it seems pretty one sided…

Poor guy.

Yea that would ToOOoOotaLy suck and not be cool at all, dEfinNtEly would not want that. :wink:

1 Like

Fair point.

I guess I’m just speaking from experience with the 2x base width size and how it’s already a little cumbersome for actual gameplay.

Like, for example, in Starbound it’s less of an issue because it only has height and width being a 2d game and all, and the only size in Big Fatties that changes height is Blob, but since Minecraft is a 3d game, having width height and depth makes things more difficult to really scale up to bigger sizes and the game still be playable.

Like, I said landscapes but really what would be the problem is more “artificial structures” built by you or randomly generated. Going over 2x base width already makes going through single doors impossible, but in the grand scheme of things it is playable. if I were to go to 3x however, double doors would also be impossible, and without more external mods the only way to add a door to a building you could fit through would be (admittedly cool, but) cumbersome redstone if you want to do something like build a village, or basically any situation where multiple doors were involved.

See, some might tell me:

“Eh, Stranger Guy, you gots to understands somethin’. Mineycrafta is a game for creative people, you c h u m p. If I wanna be 200 blocks wide I’m creative enough to solve the problem, ya’ dig? I’m just gonna need more brown bricks!!! If ya’ can’t stand the heat, then get outta the kitchen, ya’ CHUMP!!!!!!”
- Someone, probably

Sometimes, though it even makes events out of a player’s control in a playthrough impossible. Like exploring an ocean monument (keep in mind the mining fatigue before you beat the Elder Guardian), going through a 2x3 nether portal, or if I were to go even further beyond 3x, even beating the game itself. Yes. If I were to go to 4x width, you actually would be too fat to fit in The End Portal to kill the Ender Dragon.

It’s why there are a lot less mods that make you blob sized for already existing 3d games. It hits a certain point of implausibility for how the game works (and probably camera glitches too) if you are able to fit through doors, but if you make the hitbox way bigger then parts of the game would just be inaccessible or just tedious.

Personally, I myself love the idea of Alex being so fat they can’t fit through a 2x3 nether portal. I just wish I could change the width with animations in real time with CPM so that by sneaking, or with a gesture someone could optionally lower the hitbox width so it could actually be playable while still allowing people if they wanted to to be restricted by the width and depth. I might actually put in an issue to the CPM GitHub so that maybe I could get this feature added for us.

I’ll perhaps do that today. I already have one issue pending being added in the future, so perhaps we can sidestep this issue all together.

So in Starbound, there’s a compression ball (similar to the Morph Ball from Metroid) that allows you to shrink down into a 1x1 ball. This is in base Starbound, but it’s especially handy in Big Fatties because it allows you to traverse terrain you wouldn’t normally dream of trying to traverse. I enjoyed having to make my base several blocks wider just so my character could move around in it, and since I had the option to “shrink” at any time (and also outright lose weight on the treadmill) it never felt tedious.

My idea isn’t to add anything advanced like that, no, let’s say we could have a “compression item” that you could equip (maybe shield/offhand slot or even as armor) that compresses your size as long as you have it equipped. It’s not particularly immersive, but considering Minecraft is a game where you’re able to carry around 46 nonillion gold blocks around in your pockets, I really don’t think anyone whose goal it is to get that big is particularly worried about whether they’re going to be able to fit anywhere. Indeed, for some, that is the whole point.

But yes, the idea of having to carve out a house 200 blocks wide because you simply can’t fit anywhere else is extremely alluring. I’m not bothered about not being able to go exploring, but the “compression” idea gives you a catch-all solution that fixes most of the problems that would ever arise. Can’t fit? Go compressed mode and carve it out until you can.

Compression sounding too powerful? Well, what if the amount of weight compressed was directly proportional to material quality and quantity- like, an iron compressor you used one ingot for only reduces your weight by a small amount, one you used 100 for is far more effective but is still inferior to say, a 50 diamond one, etc. So you’ll have plenty of time in advance to recognise that you’re getting too big for your best compressor and grab materials for an upgrade.

That’s a pretty advanced system, obviously, but it’s just an idea to show that there are workarounds to the obvious problem. There are so very few giantess mods in games, for example, because the game is usually scaled around your character. But in Minecraft, well, you have a theoretically infinite amount of space… why not use it?

3 Likes

Thank you for your input. I’m glad people are finally getting into the project and asking for more things to be added beyond Real Time Weight Gain, lol.

You also clearly appear to be passionate, which I love.

Let’s get into it:

I actually did forget about this. To put this into perspective I really only played Starbound for the Big Fatties mod, so not a whole lot of it really stuck with me afterwards besides that, lol.

Well, something like that is outside the purview of The Fat Suite, as I said before. I want it all to be completely client sided, and only using CPM for any functionality.

Though, that being said, in the post you’re responding to I pretty much suggested the same thing:

…except obviously in the form of a gesture in CPM, or by sneaking instead of an item.

These solutions are client sided, completely optional, and Vanilla+ feeling things. (I mean, sneaking already decreases your height in vanilla). The only problem is I can’t do them with CPM yet. The reason why I elect to do it this way is because:

1. I am not a Java coder.
  2. The reason why my models can change their width is because they only do so if you have Pekhui installed, which CPM has comparability for but if not then it’s only a soft requirement. So, for example, if you modeled something off of my Steve model in single player where you have Pekhui installed, then your width would be changed, but if you go onto a vanilla server with that model then it’s not like the model doesn’t work, it just don’t change the width like it did in Single Player.
  3. Relying on other mods instead of coding it myself means updating is much, much, much faster. Day 1 these models were available for Fabric 1.19, and that is a point of pride for me.
  4. Also, compatibility is a breeze.

I know this, and like I said the only reason why I brought up my concerns is because currently the solution is impossible for the framework in which I’ve built the suite around. It could take months for this feature to get added into CPM, if at all. If it does not, I have some solutions in mind, but until it gets added it’s something I have to consider, which is why I brought it up as a concern I had in making bigger than Gigantic models.

Yes, but like I said a few posts ago: The purpose of this suite is to provide a more Vanilla+ approach to this, and by nature of that a solution for the width problem must not only exist, but be elegant and friendly with the vanilla game. Part of this is making sure that with any of my models you equip you are still able to beat the game, even when it’s combined with Pekhui.

I agree, but:

1. It was hyperbole. A model that big would actually be impossible not only in CPM but Minecraft itself without some intense labor, and Java skills. Singular models can only get so big before some problems start.
  2. Even if it were possible, it would be extremely labor intensive just to model it, and texture it, and then at the end it would just look kind of silly when you moved. I have some cute ideas for sizes beyond gigantic and how they get around, but ultimately a size like 200 blocks is off the table for this project sadly.

Now we’re getting to the heart of the problem, and kind of the main idea here: Because at a certain point the game itself would be unplayable, and I personally would not want to put the insane amount of work involved to make a blob model, only for it just to be something that someone equips for a moment, and then goes out of because they literally can’t do anything in it.

Ultimately, even if that weren’t a problem, I enjoy the simplicity and the elegance of what I already have here, not only for me but for the player installing this as well, and if for whatever reason I’d have to sacrifice that to add something, I wouldn’t want to do it.

Does this mean I’d never do something that resembled a blob?.. No. It just means that whatever solution is put into place to make it possible has to be within the framework I’ve already built Gigantic from.

I agree. That’s why later today I’m going to go ahead and put in an issue on CPM’s GitHub to allow me to change the Pekhui scaling variables with animations so that we all can be happy.

Hope this elucidated some stuff for you, @Ultranova!

Edit 1: Oh! I also forgot one reason the scaling is tricky: you can’t edit the hitbox’s shape, only it’s width, so as it gets wider and wider it gets less accurate for the upper-upper body like the head for example, making weird cases of it looking like you’re hitting invisible walls.
Edit 2: Ope, I’m really a scatterbrain, aren’t I? Another really important reason things are they way they are now is that The Fat Suite is ultimately a side project in comparison to my secret project.

1 Like

there is the option for hitbox alteration to be an Optional Feature

1 Like

I have read the other stuff and I do understand the challenges of hit box editing, I am just saying if the opportunity ever presented itself the Config Option is the way to go

1 Like

It already is. Just don’t install Pehkui, or edit the model yourself and remove those changes.

Or, just completely disable Scaling feature from Effects > Model Effects > Scaling

That is another bonus of this being so modular. If I release a bigger model and it somehow doesn’t have a solution by the time I release it, then you can just change the hitbox yourself.

My point more is that if I’m going to be putting it out there with the main release I want it to be compatible with the vanilla game, for the purposes of a cleaner, and basic approach.

Edit 1: Oh, and, in order for a “config option” to be available I’d have to just release variants with all the options, and while I’m down to do that for much more complex changes like a bigger belly, or other things that entail body types, for this I’d rather have the sneaking solution, or just tell people to do it themselves if it’s something that matters to them a lot.

interesting i did not know that

1 Like

you can also access these changes in game if you have op. /scale set pehkui:hitbox_width (n)

the number you input is multiplicative. 1 is the default value, 2 is double, .5 is half, ect.

can you tell Ive worked with these commands a lot? Its been months since I played last.

1 Like

Absolutely correct! Have you tried to do something similar to what I’ve been doing before? You seem pretty knowledgeable about CPM and Pehkui. I might have a doppelganger… :disguised_face:

If the player wants to change the hitbox real time in single player, it’s simple with this command. If you want the changes to stick after you die, make sure you do:
/scale persist set pehkui:hitbox_width true

If not, you can set your hitbox back to my default.

I was gonna type some big old thing, but the long story short, to everyone I was talking about the hitbox with (so not you MK), the reason why I don’t go ahead and make bigger models and ask people to use this command if it inconveniences them is because beyond the OP thing even if they had just the permission for the command through something like LuckPerms, the /scale command not only lets you change things about your hitbox, but also allows you to change things like your speed, and other gameplay affecting things. CPM however allows you to alter the hitbox without needing OP. This suite is supposed to be as compatible as possible with any way you want to use it, so ignoring someone playing on a server they’re not OP on isn’t in line with that.

1 Like

Perhaps another option for getting through tight spots could be through a use of a lubricant? For example creating a potion-like concoction that the player could apply themselves with which grants the player the ability of being able to get through 1x2 frames at a slower pace whilst the effect is present?

1 Like

Ok, to make it completely clear to everyone for the future, because the reason why I didn’t write the big thing before was because I made this point clear, but let me just lay it out here (and I might just link this in the FAQ):

• This is not a fully fledged Forge or Fabric mod. It is a suite of models for an already existing mod: Customizable Player Models, or CPM for short. CPM is not my mod. I was recommended to tag this post as #mod by the admins because it is kind of “a mod” for Minecraft. Minecraft modding is not like some games where complex modding like adding fully fledged items and robust gameplay mechanics can be done through text files or some kind of modding tool like the Creation Kit. You need to be a rudementary Java coder to even begin “modding” things into the game like items. Though, other modders, and the nature of the game come to the rescue, because through some “mods” there are frameworks to add new content into Minecraft kind of like the resource pack and datapack system. Though, because it’s not a fully fledged mod, here are some things I physically cannot do:
    • Add items.
    • Add gameplay mechanics beyond what CPM will let me do interfacing with Pehkui.
    • Add Real Time Weight Gain!
    • …and, currently Changing Hitbox Scale In Real Time. I’m currently looking into making an issue on the GitHub about that one. I’m just trying to use my wording carefully.
  • Though, even if I had the option to make things this way, I wouldn’t, because:
    • Guts & Tums will eventually fill this particular niche.
    • Updating is a breeze with this setup as was demonstrated when during 1.19’s release, Fabric, CPM, Pehkui, and by extension my models were available day one, minute one.
    • Personally, I really enjoy the simplicity.
    • From 1.7.10 (though it may be buggy) - 1.19, for both Fabric and Forge, these models are available.
    • That isn’t an end to the compatibility however. Due to it being client sided it can theoretically be used on any kind of server, even if the server doesn’t have the mod installed. The moment you add anything like fully fledged modded items and gameplay mechanics it is not client sided anymore.
    • This project was made ultimately for me, and I am a Minecraft aficionado that plays on many different versions, mod loaders, and set ups. I personally enjoy where Mojang has taken their game in the past few years despite some hiccups, and would like to continue seeing the game updated. The recent log4j scare has also convinced me there are non creative reasons to want to stay updated. It is not only important for these reasons that it be compatible, but because of the nature of my secret project, even if all these problems were gone I wouldn’t because by the nature of my secret project I promise all of you that this will be infinitely more convenient than the alternative. I just can’t tell you because it’s secret. It will all make sense in due time.

When I say something is “outside the purview of The Fat Suite”, it usually means it’s some kind of gameplay mechanic that is impossible for me to implement, but even if I could I wouldn’t because it would sacrifice some of the things that make this project worthwhile.

I think people see “mod”, and see “Minecraft” and immediately think of something like Big Fatties, but Minecraft is very different from Starbound.

Minecraft can be “modded” literally dozens of different ways. Here are some examples:

• Fully fledged Forge or Fabric mods.
  • Resourcepacks.
  • Datapacks.
  • Serverside content through plugins for Minecraft servers.
  • For mods like CPM that allow it, things like The Fat Suite that add content through an already existing mod.
  • Adventure maps.

I promise you that every single one of these could be utilized for our fetish. Guts & Tums has chosen number 1. I have chosen number 5 for this project, and chose another one for my secret project. All of those methods have strengths, and weaknesses. Datapacks, like some mods, are not clientsided, but are simpler to install, and can add functionality to servers serverside. Resourcepacks don’t touch anything gameplay related and with Optifine you can change entities’ models (which I may or may not have plans for in the future :smirk:). Point is it’s very diverse, and just because you see people adding things into Minecraft one way does not mean they can do it the other. There are people who just do resourcepacks for example.

Also, this wasn’t picking on you particularly, Gary. I just wanted to make this clear because it’s something I think there’s been a lot of misunderstanding about. I hope I didn’t come on too strong with you, because you and everyone else are just trying to contribute good ideas, but I hope that now it makes a little more sense.

Now, whenever someone asks about this I can direct them here.

1 Like

Would real time weight gain be along the lines of your character slowly over time gaining weight or just at a certain point character changes to a larger model. In my head I was imagining at a certain point your character switches to a larger model but maybe both ways of thinking are too ambitious. For example In my head real time would be every food item would increase your character size by a small amount. However the much simpler way would be at a certain requisite you move to a chubby model, repeat untill you get to the biggest model

1 Like

That’s a fair question, since I talk about not being able to add it often I should strictly define what I’m talking about:

Real Time Weight Gain is what I call any automatic change to the models’ shape based on anything gameplay wise. Like, eating a bunch of bread, and the character model automatically changing to a fatter model via some kind of gameplay mechanic in real time. Both of what you described are considered to me Real Time Weight Gain.

I wasn’t comfortable saying “Weight Gain” would never be added, because once I add other sizes you can technically swap the models out manually and RP weight gain yourself.

When I talk about not being able, or willing to add Real Time Weight Gain, what I’m saying is I cannot and will not for this particular project add a Big Fatties style weight gain mechanic.

Think of The Fat Suite less as some kind of super ambitious Big Fatties style thing with all the dials and levers, other fetishes, stomach capacity meter, and all that other stuff with just something like a model/texture (for 2d games) replacement mod.

As I’ve said, that niche will already be filled by Guts & Tums, and I don’t want this project being better or worse. I just want it to be something different for people like me that want maximum compability and customizability over a weight gain mechanic, vore, stomach capacity mechanic, dozens of items, and other bells and whistles I personally don’t need, as like I said before:

I know all you guys are just wanting to help by suggesting ideas, and are excited to sink your teeth into one of the first publicly available Minecraft related projects in recent years, and I’ve tried to be as polite as possible by telling you guys all the reasons I did things the way that I did.

I just expected people to criticize the quality of my models, the lack of lower sizes, and all that sort of stuff, but all people have ever seemed to talk about is adding what I never set out to do in the first place, and there’s only so many times I can answer a question like:

“Hello, good painter sir! Your painting is quite a good step towards something better. When will you make it animate?”

It’s quite disheartening to me that I put a good amount work tweaking these models, when just a year and a half ago I couldn’t model or texture anything, I overcome immense anxiety to release them to the public, and all people can talk about is what this project doesn’t and won’t ever have, you know? I’ve said multiple times that my secret project is more ambitious, and that this only does and will only ever do what it says on the tin.

It just kind of bums me out, you know?

I thought I made something cool and I was excited to share it with the community because I had seen nothing else Minecraft related of this size and for the current versions.

Apparently though it isn’t cool enough.

3 Likes