Minecraft Weight Gain Mod

Sure thing, although I’d rent a server which would cost me money, so I’d probably get a donation thing running at some point to make it more affordable.

I will help out the best I can.

1 Like

[removed discord link]

So, another update of the current state of things, I once again realized that the Forge API is an undocumented piece of human failure, so I’ve been struggling with figuring out what all of these functions / methods do that come with it. I am stressing myself about this quite a lot and can see that my mental health keeps declining even further than it already does. I’ve been talking with some other (rather popular, I think so) mod authors and they told me that they had the exact same issues and just decided to more or less copy code from other mods and advised me to do the same and honestly I’ll do that, while that’ll definitely keep me sane this would still put quite a toll on my mental health so I just hope that it will be understandable that I will change the estimate from “near future” to just “future”, because I will definitely not be ok while I am developing this.

5 Likes

Take your time in making this, considering every bit of food in the game ranges from certain values and effects there’s no doubt it’ll take some time to figure it out. I would suggest to take a look at how some of the code is written in the mods, to at least have a better understanding how it’s written or how to avoid possible glitches.

2 Likes

Not to mention food mods, I’m quite the fan of Pam’s Harvestcraft.

1 Like

Oh god that’s right, the whole slew of recipes from that mod. That reminds… isn’t there a mod that allows you to eat anything in Minecraft? Not sure if it’s been update to the current version.

Even though it’s probably a lot of work to integrate mods like Pam’s Harvestcraft, it would incentivize the player to actually think more about what foods they should use and work towards. Like, the bigger you become, the less effective some sorts of foods might become, which would make the player search for more farming options and explore more kinds of food that might be more potent and help the player further.
Making a Minecraft playthrough be more centered around food instead of purely gathering materials would be a nice change of pace, probably both for singleplayer and multiplayer (if it ever gets to that).

(You’d probably still be able to abuse the hell out of Villagers though)

6 Likes

I’m am approaching this in a way that includes every food item. There should be no need to integrate a food mod specifically.

4 Likes

Well, in that case, it would be nice to have some more obscure food items in Vanilla Minecraft have some more function and/or benefits. Maybe glowberries could make you glow (or just give night vision for a bit) to make caving / walking around at nighttime easier. Rabbit stew could give you a temporary speed boost / increase jump height by one / decrease fall damage (something that has to do with rabbits). Sweet berries might give you protection against projectiles (because they’re thorny).

All of these are just wild suggestions, I have no idea of how difficult they might be to implement, but it’d be cool to see food have a bigger effect, rather than being just food.

2 Likes

Consider:

Looking at Origins mod like others have mentioned

Look into Figura as well. it’s a mod that allows you to have custom models that are made in free and relatively simple tools. You can add animations to these models that players can trigger, and that you might be able to trigger on some ingame event, like eating, reaching max saturation, ect.

whats more, it’s a fabric mod, a system I’ve heard over and over that it’s much easier to work with. I’m also in their discord, and they recently announced plans to rewrite the whole mod, and by extention release it on forge. With this combination of factors, you could do a lot, and reach a huge audience

1 Like

fabric is a sin, it has done nothing but serve to split the modding community.
besides the dev said it will be 1.12, which does not have fabric.

2 Likes

I’m not particularly happy about fabric existing, but a lot of people are for some reason. As to it being 1.12 only, we don’t know what’s changed since their last update. Just copying code from other mods may allow myantha to get the mod to a more recent version, maybe not. Don’t dismiss people’s ideas out of hand.

To clear things a bit up, I did say that it will definitely release (if it gets released) for 1.12.2, yes. However I also mentioned that it might get released for a more modern version and honestly I already started converting some stuff for 1.14.4, so I guess I will release a version for 1.12.2 and 1.14.4 and maybe in the future, it will get released for even more modern versions … hopefully.

I looked into Fabric and it’s definitely more friendly with a documentation, but honestly I don’t have the motivation to get it running, because getting stuff to run on a DIY system is a mess.

1 Like

So it’s not necessarily better? Has cons as well as it’s pros?

My sentiments exactly.

1 Like

Yeah, it has its cons and pros.

things I would fund if I were rich: this mod

2 Likes

I have no idea how money would help in this project

1 Like

a slam ability after falling from high heights that scales in efficiency with weight sounds awesome

death message:
“[insert victim name here] was crushed under the incredible weight of [insert perpetrator name here]”

3 Likes

I might make some sort of plugin and make it public / host it on a server to give an idea of the mechanics, there wouldn’t be anything like model changes or GUI changes, but I guess that would be better than nothing for now considering that I didn’t make any progress with the actual mod so far.
Only if people are actually interested in this, because making a plugin isn’t gonna get me closer to the goal of making it a mod, yet something I am more capable of.