Mochi Moshi! [Active Development]

Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve publicly alerted people to how this project is going. I want to let all of the good people over here on Weight Gaming know that the game’s script is over half way done. Now I know you guys might be thinking “holy cow, that’s a long time for 50%” but with organization, direction, writing of the Kazumi Bible (aka a character guide), and flow state writing, things have been going MUCH better than you think.

Making a game is tough, it’s not my first rodeo by any means but it is my first VN that’s projected to have around 50k-60k words. All of this information is new to the public as far as I know, so I hope it’s exciting to at least some of you. On my Patreon and Subscribe Star I’ve been updating people once a month with how progress has been going as well as sneak peeks at some of the more goofy jokes that have been written in the rough draft.
An estimate time frame as well as more in-depth production details are on the subscription sites as well. I don’t mean to say “Please subscribe for more information,” but the people who pay are hopefully getting their moneys worth, they are for sure supporting my co-writer and myself.

If you want to know more details about the content of Mochi Moshi thus far, I’ll say that we still are doing Weight Gain, Breast Expansion, Ass Expansion, and what the team has dubbed “Lazy Transformation,” which contains Neetification, Lethargy, Brattiness, Hygiene (Light Slob but not by most fetishist’s definition, but a more realistic representation), Glasses, Blemishes, Sweat, Nerdification, and so on and so forth (Not all at once most of the time). That definition has also not publicly been available, so I’m curious to what people think about that. The extremes of the laziness routes are something that will only be locked to about 1/8th of the game, if you don’t want to experience it, you probably won’t. Reminding everyone the game has 24 unique routes with about over half of the route length being unique to the route itself, which is where the bulk of the writing comes from.

Another reminder is that every transformation itself stacks every week in a 4 week span, so you won’t get the fattest she can be unless you start with weight gain… etc… I feel like I should at least spell this out to limit most of the questions you guys will have, but if anyone wants to ask questions I’ll be visiting the forum from time to time to see what’s going on. The easiest way to reach me is still Patreon, Subscribe Star, Deviant Art Notes/PMs and Twitter (until that website blows up… again).

Thank you all for supporting me, I love that this game has received the amount of praise and support from the get go and I hope deliver a unique fetish game with a lovable character.

27 Likes

Appreciate you posting on the forum again! Are you planning on having an early access/beta for Mochi Moshi?

1 Like

Honestly, just good to hear that it’s been getting worked on still. I’ve been fairly interested, as I’m sure many others are as well, and communication is always appreciated. Keep up the good work, excited to see what comes from the fi ished product.

2 Likes

Whenever the game is in a state that is playable, there will be an announcement on social media and here that a “demo/early” build of the game is accessible to paid subscribers. The game in the end will be 100% free at the state of which it was funded.

I don’t want to make an early version of the game without all of the art for the chunk of the game that’s accessible to be finished, as well as most of the polish. That’s a bit far off from now though and I’ll make another announcement when development has shifted towards UX and Asset creation as well as structure and prototyping.

I’m glad you guys are excited to hear from me more! Trying to get people to ask questions is like getting blood from a rock LOL. Also SquireAngel thank you so much, I appreciate the interest and encouragement!

9 Likes

This and slob is my fucking jam, really looking forward to this!!!

2 Likes

Actually I got another question, so does this mean there’s going to be subroutes? Like pure Weight Gain, Weight Gain/Ass-Expansion, etc? And will this change the narrative or is it just an aesthetic change? And what would be the max combination, could you theoretically dip into all 4 transformations?

3 Likes

Every route contains three of the fetish transformations. There’s no all four route (yet, we aren’t really thinking about what the secret route is until we’re done).
Example, you start with Weight gain the first week, then you pick either Breast Expansion, Ass Expansion or Lazy for your second week, then if you picked breast expansion you then can only choose Lazy or Ass for your Third week. This locks in your final route. If you picked WG, BE and then LT the route for week 3 and 4 will be WBL which is a completely unique path based on those transformations. If you picked BLW it’ll be different, WLB, LBW, LWB and so on, those are all unique despite having the same transformations because with WBL, she has four weeks of weight gain, three weeks of breast expansion and two tiers of lazy transformation before she’s done. Hope that clears up the gameplay loop. This is why there’s mathematically 24 combinations, 4 transformations, 4 weeks, three possible variables. 4 factorial for all you statistic heads.

Also to be clear, there is no pure lazy, pure breast, pure ass or pure weight gain routes. I don’t find it interesting writing about just breast expansion or just ass expansion if there’s no weight or balance to go with it. The closest you’ll probably get to a pure wg route is something like WLA or LAW considering that they focus more on gaining weight with some gluttony.

silentLight, glad you’re looking forward to the Lazy Transformation stuff! Honestly it’s been the most challenging but most rewarding to write! I hope that people who are a little wary about it at least attempt to play the routes where it’s the last transformation as it’s not extreme and more a magnifier on the previous two weeks (WBL, WAL, ABL, BAL, AWL, BWL). Sorry for language and terminology that I’ve been used to for the past year of writing the game, I go into more depth on what it means for subscribers.

Key:
Weight Gain = W
Breast Expansion = B
Ass Expansion = A
Lazy Transformation = L

14 Likes

Interesting, i didn’t think that it was like this from the previous messages, i think too that it might be better like this

2 Likes

There are some other details that make it easier for my co-writer and I to write it while also embracing creativity through pattern diversion. Buzzwords buzzwords.

I’m really glad you find this sort of style more interesting though! We spent quite a while coming up with ways to make writing this easier for us while also giving the player actual choice. I know a lot of visual novels don’t have enough ACTUAL CHOICE in things, or maybe two or three choices that just go into dead ends or the actual path.
Even though there’s technically only three choices per route, every choice actually matters and will result in a new route that has the ending of it different from another route. Even LAB is marginally different from LAW past week 2. Every choice matters, routes are all roughly the same length, there’s 24 unique Kazumis by the end of the game if you explored every route. I know a 25th route was funded but that won’t be worked on until everything is done so I just act like it’s not real.

7 Likes

sounds dandy, I wouldn’t be surprised if fellows tried to make drafts and ideas for pure routes once the full game is released and share them with you but who knows, not this hound but I’m glad to see you pop up and to hear news

3 Likes

If there’s even a single piece of fan media that comes from this game I’ll be insanely happy.

4 Likes

Since it’s the end of 2023 I’d love to at least give people a small really tiny update on what we’re thinking with the project.

1. The Script Draft is almost complete and will probably be fully done in February 2024.
  2. Grammar and Continuity checking is next
  3. We’re going to plan for an artless single route demo with a survey to garner input on the game’s story in February → March 2024 for backers only.
  4. 2024 is going to bring a lot of movement in the game and I hope you’re all excited.

Thank you for all of your support <33

16 Likes

We all have very high hopes with this project; make sure to not overwork yourselves because burnout is the worst state to make something.

3 Likes

Good to hear that the script is almost done! That’ll be a huge chunk of the work out of the way. How many pages is it so far if that’s alright to ask?

1 Like

I’ll have to do some length calculation later, but we have about 2-3 pages on average per week/event/node meaning about 120-180 pages. Like, I think you guys can understand why this has taken a long time to write. That being said I’ll get final numbers later for everyone that will probably be posted on the patreon/subscribe star.
We’ll do a rough draft word count and a grammar/clean-up word count as well.
We do have a lot of spacing and extra words PER document that makes the word count itself a bit of a rough estimate but I remember the previous calculation making this vn at about 60,000~ words if we kept current average.
That being said that’s an insanely rough estimate. But I wouldn’t expect 24 routes to not have numbers bloat a bit.

10 Likes

Mochi Moshi’s complete script will be completely drafted this month. My co-writer, sweaty neet, and I have been working on it for over 2 years and it’ll be finally finished.
Next step is then finalizing the draft, which will take only a month, and then working on the actual asset creation and programming for the game.
I wanted to finish the script completely so the actual meat of the game was done. Then I could just work on all assets at my best artistic level.
Information on a private script demo will be on the Patreon and Subscribe star for the 7 dollar tier, but I plan on having two updates this month for that tier instead of just one like usual since we’re actually moving quickly and getting things organized.
Thank you to everyone who has been following the development of this project. I promise to deliver something that I’m proud of, and that you guys can fiddle with to your delight!

32 Likes

great job! keep up the good work

2 Likes

What an interesting project, I will be on the lookout.

3 Likes

The draft of the entire meat of the game’s script is finished.
Over sixty-one thousand words written, not including commentary, the “Kazumi Bible” or any other developers notes.
My co-writer, Sweaty Neet, and I, really put the “Novel” in Visual Novel.

I wrote a larger thing on the Patreon and Subscribe Star outlining what this means, what’s next, and all that fun stuff including what it would take to show off what’s been written for the game but, I can’t thank everyone enough for looking into this project. I know it’s been two and a half years now since we started and it’s been a treat working on it since the start.
It takes a lot to make a game, money, time, planning, teamwork…
And we’re finally getting to start the actual creation of the game’s project file.

The Programming, Character assets and most of the other art assets are going to be done by me, solo. Some of the social media assets and photo-references are going to be gathered by Sweaty Neet. The music is done by a friend of mine, whom I’ll name later, and most of the tracks are already finished. All of this information has been available for subscribers for over a year now.

I want to personally thank everyone who sunk money into the project on announcement. Without you guys I wouldn’t be using the laptop I still work on to this day. What started as a fun way to do a WG Drive, ended up becoming one of my passion projects that I quickly realized how big it would be in size. Thank you again to everyone who has supported me, whether it was back in August 2021, or today. Have a wonderful February.

Oh feel free to ask me questions as well. I don’t ever get enough questions about what I do, whether for the game or my art in general.

15 Likes

One thing that’s kept you a cut above other devs is simply how much you’re keeping us in the know. When there’s a long wait between the announcement and release, be it on this forum or elsewhere, it’s pretty easy to lose faith in a project, but you’re actually somewhat regularly divulging where you are and what comes next. It’s obviously been a slow process, but it is moving along and you didn’t just take the money and run. That’s (sadly) a lot more than many projects can say, crowdfunded or not. Communication, as I’ve learned, is the mark of a trustworthy dev. I can’t say I’m really looking forward to a whole lot of big projects on here, but that’s mostly because there aren’t a lot in the works I feel I can have faith in. Mochi Moshi is one of those precious few because of your communication.

5 Likes