Modern Gains?

Was the bakery removed between 0.2.0 and 0.2.2 or am I missing something?

If you walk around town, you run into the owner of the bakery, which unlocks it. Iā€™m not sure what event heā€™s supposed to give, but I would get an error at the end of it. Bakery was still unlocked after that, though.

I also got an empty black screen while swimming at the beach, one of the events seems to lead to a dead path?

4 Likes

That beach error just happened to me, as well. I also canā€™t get the bakery to unlock. Event happens as normal, but it never appears as a place I can go.

Sorry yā€™all for the weird happenings, a variable deleted itself somewhere in making 0.2.2, so thatā€™s been fixed, alongside some beach stuff hopefully? So hereā€™s 0.2.2 and a half

4 Likes

Ok, note to self, donā€™t do bug fixes so late at night, I forgot to edit some variables after debugging stuff, so the fixed version is there
The last version I said it would be done actually had breasts set to maximum, so I mean you can keep it like that if you want, but the new version should be the actual one
I really need to double and triple check that things are actually ok to go when I upload them, lol

5 Likes

Truthfully sometimes it feels like thats an easier way to do the water bloat then maxing out body stat

So far I love this game friend.

Keep it up.

I like the UI and Iā€™m looking forward to future content

In the current version I canā€™t seem to work at the bakery. Otherwise, itā€™s good! Looking forward to the next update.

4 Likes

This. Even if I get Pete to give me the job, the option doesnā€™t show up at home.

You can work at the bakery? Well, assuming it works, naturally.

1 Like

Hi yā€™all, sorry for being rather quiet on this front, with school starting up Iā€™ve been busy with other stuff, but Iā€™ve been writing up new content when I find the time.
In the meantime Iā€™ve looked into the bakery issue, and that has been resolved, so the next major update should have that fixed.
I could say itā€™ll be around by the end of the month to the start of next month, but I canā€™t be too sure, but hopefully yā€™all like the new stuff I bring in

11 Likes

So, I think I gained so much that thereā€™s no description when I go to the mirror. Are you gonna add a weight cap, or something? Maybe the game would end if you hit immobility? Also, I love this game, especially all the little touches, like how the belly rub scene changes depending on how fat you are.

1 Like

the bakery says i can be hired but i cant ever work at the bakery

are there any events with transport?

I stumbled across this game today, and I have to say I really enjoyed it! There was enough content to keep it feeling fresh. I loved the descriptions in the game. And it had the right mix of control of the character while not getting bogged down in the details. I hope there is another update, as I would love to see this continue to expand!

1 Like

So, uh, here I am again. Iā€™ve been rather busy with real life, and have been venturing into other avenues. Summer is coming along, and thus I will have time again for things. As for now, Modern Gains is probably not going to be receiving any updates, but I wonā€™t stop creating. Iā€™ve been getting back into art, which has been a blast, and when the mood strikes me I might get back into writing and coding. If the stars align ever so right, I could continue working on this game. For now, keep an eye out for your neighborhood mango and their other exploits. Iā€™ll be seeing you around, gamers

8 Likes

Howdy gamers, itā€™s ya fruit. Now, Iā€™m wishy washy on time, but I got the motivation to try and write and do stuff. I have been musing a new game, thatā€™s more fantasy focused. But, upon revisiting Modern Gains and what Iā€™ve done with it, I feel like I could give the game another shot. Iā€™ve remembered a lot of features and events I wanted to add, so Iā€™d have some idea where to start and what can be added. But on the other hand, working on a new game with the new things Iā€™ve learnt would be an interesting endeavor.
Iā€™m an indecisive individual, so Iā€™d like to put down a poll. This wonā€™t 100% decide what Iā€™ll work on, but itā€™ll influence the decision a bit.

• Continue to work on Modern Gains
  • Work on new fantasy project

0 voters

7 Likes

will this new fantasy project be the same style as modern gains? or will it have visuals and such

5 Likes

It would be a twine style game, although I do plan on getting some form of visuals going. Itā€™ll be on the to do list
But, seeing folk still have interest, and thinking it over, I think Iā€™ll try working through Modern Gains again. I know I want to rewrite a lot of the text, having gotten a bit better at the whole writing thing

13 Likes