Momulator! - Extreme Pregnancy Simulator

This is such a curious entry! It goes without saying that the Cannoli model is hugely (hah) impressive, and even that is selling it short. The detail is incredible and further previews outside of the jam (we’ll come back to this point) indicate that the sky really is the limit in how much further polish there is going to be. Everyone should play this entry just to marvel at the model in action!

Now with that said, it tickles me to say that I cannot think of an entry that flouts the “Hands Off” theme harder than this one! Even the game with zero fetish content followed the brief better than this, through sheer absentia. I mean, you literally can’t be more “hands on” than the player literally being a pair of hands touching, slapping and rubbing everything they can :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So as amazing as the model and the tech put into it is, as an entry for the contest with this particular theme I can’t see it going far (though I’ll be curious in being proved wrong in this regard). However I think ultimately this is a wash. Part of me thinks that the good Captain knows this also to be true but they have set their eyes on bigger goals outside of the contest and I for one can’t fault them for it. You would have to be a fool not to see the success of this game being realised in the realm of VR and the commercial viability of it. I wish CaptainElderly the best of luck in this regard in forging new ground and potentially paving the way for further VR games that cater to our interests.

As a contest entry? Pass. However if this is a sign of fetish games to come then the future looks bright, not least for CaptainElderly!

Thank you! Admittedly this doesn’t fit the theme much at all but I couldn’t really come up with anything better. Really wasn’t a fan of this year’s theme. Kind of felt like it punished people for making their video games interactive. I figured it might still count if the player was entirely subject to cannoli’s whims, but that did not pan out for this demo. I don’t consider this much of a jam entry. Admittedly, this is a type of game I’ve wanted to do for a while. I have no expectations that this will get even close to winning, but I figured I’d submit it anyway because I want people to see what I can achieve in two weeks’ time. I have very big future plans for the project.

3 Likes

As the saying goes, these entries are always “open to interpretation” so you might do better than I think, haha. At the very least the silver lining here couldn’t be any clearer. Looking forward to see more of Cannoli (and friends?) in the future!

This is pretty awesome >:D!!!

I’ve been continuing to work on the game in my own time. I decided to start improving cannoli’s model

I’ve also been posting a lot of updates on my twitter https://twitter.com/CaptainElderly

7 Likes

will there be some kind of resorce management? like caring for her make cash and you use the cash for upgrades or resorceses?

1 Like

I’m considering it. I have a few ideas regarding that

1 Like

oh yeah i decided to radically change her hip size shortly afterward. The model’s nearly done:

been working my ass off on the model haha

4 Likes

would her hips grow along with the stomach? or just stay as a set size

i’ll probably attempt to have her hips expand. there will be an actual weight gain aspect to it, after all.

6 Likes

Gonna be “that guy” and suggest being able to stick a hose in her mouth as a way to train her stomach’s capacity without filling her with too many calories (or for cutting costs, if there’s a money system), if we’re more into the pregnancy and stuffing side of things rather than the weight gain.

(EDIT: also, a likely hard “no”, but an air tank or a bike pump for the same purpose.)

I’m not opposed to the idea, I’ll see about it

1 Like

if money and upgrades are also a thing maybe milkers for draining milk which could also be a major source of cash by bottling and selling. hell if that aspect is possible maybe items that could cause more milk production

Lets not get too hung up on suggesting new features before the next version is made, much of the basic gameplay still has to be implemented. (Sorry, I replied to the wrong person originally).

Eh, IMO, ideas and features should be suggested sooner, rather than later. Planning things out earlier in development means it’s less likely that a dev sees a great idea, then realizes they’ll have to rewrite an entire system to accommodate that, rather than laying down the groundwork the first time around.

In general I am happy to hear ideas. Typically I will consider any good ideas given but not make any promises until I need to. It seems productive to have ideas available to me while I plan things out

2 Likes

Feature and scale creep has killed more projects than I can count, its for the best we get the core gameplay loop sorted out before we prioritize new ideas.

true!
collecting and selling the milk is a pretty significant idea (one that i had already thought of) since the alternative to that right now is just making a big mess of milk everywhere.

1 Like

Feature creep happens when a dev fails to maintain self-control, not because they got too many ideas from people.

Personally, I find that the dev gets too ambitious,way too quickly. It’s not how much someone suggest an idea,it’s about the dev telling themselves I can take on Anything and getting overwhelmed. As long as basic features are worked on and the plan is going as the Dev envisioned then it’ll be good. You just gotta know your limits

1 Like