Monjoshi Conquest, a prototype for a monster girl strategy RPG

Thanks for that, slime stuffing/inflation is great. :+1: Just thought it was worth a mention for Omega to take a glance at due to the similarities.

Here is the link to the game in question for any parties interested, not sure if the mods want this sort of thing posted here, so feel free to delete if it violates any rules. https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=53707

Finally got around to cleaning up,

• Added a new Unit which will be the new tier 0 the Rat Serf
  • Got the promotion system fully working

Gonna add the other new unit the Rat Friar which will be the tier 1 magic unit, add the abilities to all the units, implement the wild creatures like the wort and then reupload the improved prototype for you guys.

7 Likes

Loved this game, turn based strategy is my favorite! I’ll look forward to any more stuff, already looking forward to checking out promotions

I have to said the art is real good and I would have never thought using RPG maker to make a turn base RPG with cute monster girls.

I’ll be echoing a lot of what’s been said here, but an excellent, solid entry for the contest! A nice clean interface; beautiful, crisp (not to mention pleasingly plump) visuals; and a lighthearted tone to tie it all together.

It’s tricky to offer suggestions without effectively cribbing from Advance Wars ^^; I’d say that damage could be a little better balanced - I had to unduly rely on the powerful scrappers which dragged combat down a bit. My rat monk barely got a look in unless they were landing a killing blow. Additional lamia units would diversify tactics and keep things tight and interesting.

Also, a slight nitpick but I wasn’t a fan of the additional map elements in the centre, upon discovering they were just decoration. Whilst pretty, it wasn’t clear if they had a purpose or not which can make for a trickier read of the battlefield. I assume they were just for demonstration purposes?

Overall though a great entry! :+1:

1 Like

I cannot even describe how much this game compounded my self-annoyance that I didn’t use the Dragonbones plugin for my entry. These battle scenes were SO satisfying!

1 Like

by far my favorite entry, i love it!

Improved prototype is up, felt it would be more appropriate in its own thread: Project Conquest (Monjoshi Conquest)

1 Like

I think yes the poor rat must be more tortured

Just around to playing this entry and it’s super fun and adorable.

I love this one! I really hope you decide to turn this prototype into a full game in the future~

1 Like

Grotlover2 Score

| Category | Total |

| —: | :–|

| Basics: | 20000 |

| Art: | 305 |

| Writing: | 25 |

| Concept/Design | 405 |

| Msc: | 170 |

| Total: | 21005 |

Comments:

A fun little game and I do love seeing more strategy games that try to use the fetish. I see a fair bit of possibilities, especially when it comes to the possibility of building monster armies. I do whish the game made better use of a fetish based mechanic though as it seemed to really only be for healing and buffs and I did not see much past that.

Jux Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 368 |

| Writing: | 133 |

| Concept/Design | 1232 |

| Msc: | 160 |

| Total: | 22140 |

Comments:

First off, that belly heft of the queen’s level 2 weight was oof. Nice. But more importantly, it’s really cool to see a strategy game in the jam, or in the community in general. I hope this is something you’ll continue working on.

Kilif Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 305 |

| Writing: | 115 |

| Concept/Design | 735 |

| Msc: | 150 |

| Total: | 21440 |

Comments:

As a huge advanced wars fan, this was a lot of fun. Its well animated, the spritework is fun especially as each unit gets bigger, the music is good, but what let the project down was that the use of the theme was weak. I appreciated that the units got a heal buff, any maybe a damage buff (I honestly couldn’t tell), but anything beyond that didn’t really seem to be present. I really do like the concept, and hope that you keep expanding on it as what’s already there is an excellent start. Great job!

S&S Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 315 |

| Writing: | 170 |

| Concept/Design | 975 |

| Msc: | 140 |

| Total: | 21855 |

Comments:

Squirrel Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 180 |

| Writing: | 210 |

| Concept/Design | 840 |

| Msc: | 140 |

| Total: | 21510 |

Comments:

A solid Advance Wars type game with an interesting mechanic in having the leader feed the units as method of support. It was a fun experience with a nice edge of challenge and cute art to boot.

Scores

Art: 1473

Writing: 653

Sound: 877

Design: 4187

Total: 107950