Moo-Moo Manor - A Cow Caretaking Simulator

What are the chances we will eventually be able to change or remove their outfits for when they’re just hanging around because that would be… fun.

1 Like

This is a fun game, especially for an alpha! The girls are adorable and the animation is amazing!

A few things I noticed:

• At one point the furniture had the same prompts as the girls. Using those prompts crashed the game, but I loaded it right back up.
  • The feeding minigame was a bit tricky to figure out, so a tutorial on that wouldn’t go remiss.
  • Not sure if anybody already mentioned this, but it would be nice to be able to rotate the camera and zoom out for a better look at the girls in the minigames.
  • Fullness doesn’t seem to go below a certain level. Not sure if that’s intentional or not.

Great first look, can’t wait for whatever comes next!

2 Likes

Fullness can go empty but you have to leave them for a looong time. I still don’t really understand how it works, belly rubs maybe only work to reduce fullness once after a time change? Didn’t feel consistent to me. The threshold for the feed option is for sure 50% fullness though.

1 Like

Couple things of feedback.

1. On the positive end, this is an extremely good foundation for a game. Love the little minigames and the models are super well done. can’t wait to see how it evolves.

2.On the negative end, the game is a little grindy at the start before you figure out the mechanics. There is also a whole lot of waiting when you only have one cowgirl, might want to move the second one so that you get her a level sooner. The time system might be slightly bugged at the moment, the loud tolling bell sound plays when the day crosses over to night when it is supposed to but then when it turns to day again the sound doesn’t play until about mid day which then resets the timer.
3. Somewhere in the middle. The management and minigames seem easy to me, which I feel is intentional. The girls tend to lounge in different spots, which is cool but feels a little bad when I can’t get the first cowgirl to ever go to a bed. Would be nice to have some control over that or to have the AI cycle different activities more. Boob growth seems to be tied only to milk and not to weight at all, which is fine but makes it look a little weird at higher weights where everything else is growing but the boobs at very small in comparison. ( also would like to see a way to boost max capacity for milk.)

Side note, I really can’t praise the models enough, I love them.

2 Likes

I believe this demo is a foundation for the great game in the future.
The overall style is very cozy and calming. Minigames are fun and simple enough to not become an obstacle. I felt like I’m playing Stardew valley an Animal crossing at the same time.

But, I felt there wasn’t enough basic resource management and things to spend money upon. For example the feeding minigame could consume the x amount of resource called (food? feeding paste) what you could buy and what could vary in price depending on nutrition. Or grow it yourself!
But maybe it’s me who just loves this type of stuff.

But most important part of this review is:
-Take your time and don’t overwork yourself on this project.-

2 Likes

Your games are always so cute and cozy. Really enjoyed the game!

2 Likes

I think i managed to break it somehow. When the cow#2 was sitting on the couch i was able to remove it and it appeared in the inventory as “null” and by placing it down the game crushed

1 Like

Yes removing any furniture a girl is on will do that.

1 Like

It felt like the characters gained weight pretty fast. Will the speed of their gains be slower in later versions or will the gain rate be the same but the characters get bigger than they can now?

Love the game so far though, the visuals are great!

5 Likes

these are really good suggestions! the stats screen would be really good to have, and the perks thing would be a great compliment to that. these systems are pretty similar to what i’ve already got planned, actually

2 Likes

the gain rates are a good bit higher than they’ll be in the final game! i thought it’d be unfun to reach level cap and then have to spend more time than you spent getting there just to get the characters to their max sizes

4 Likes

I figured as much since this is basically a demo, I was just curious

1 Like

You know, even from reading the Patreon page I’m not entirely sure what kind of content the final game will even have, I feel like it can go in any direction and in any level of extreme just from the demo alone.

1 Like

the hope is that the game will allow for the player to cater their own playing experience towards the kind of content that they want to see, but the kinks featured in this build will always be the focus: weight gain, and stuffing. w/ the introduction of things like exercise and weight loss, it’ll be 100% up to the player how extreme that gets

7 Likes

That’s super nice. Always been on the more stuffing side. Adding in weight loss is perfect for someone like me who wants to keep them skinny while being able to stuff them

4 Likes

just posted a quick hotfix! it should hopefully address most of the larger bugs that have been brought up so far. quick list of patch notes here:

(next up is music and burp toggles, sit tight)

6 Likes

Also higher resolution support would be nice. My display is 2560x1600

1 Like

sometimescozy, will there be more cows? Also, can you make it so that all the cows gain weight, like not just on their belly?

would be sick if one was top heavy, other one bottom heavy, one where their weight is evenly distributed and one which is middle heavy.

clothes? would make the game more fun. buy from market, click on the wardrobe, put on some pajamas or something

pretty please? this game is just so cute, good and wholesome!

3 Likes

The only idea this hound has mayhaps flavors of milk or being able to cause such in the cows? making the milk more valuable from that cow at the expense of decreased happiness due to the side effects?? an example strawberry milk coloring them red or pink or a similar color along with other discomforts
another subtle detail is mayhaps small indicators of fullness for the cows ranging from breast size increasing in accordance to fullness (mayhaps like stomach fullness they can stretch their capacity by reaching the limit every now and then?) with mayhaps toggleable leaking?

ps a personal curiosity but were you inspired by this game at all??
Cowtastic Cafe by Noa3, Preggopixels (itch.io)

5 Likes

i’d never heard of this, lovely little game! after playing through the normal arcade mode, i’m really impressed by how effective the relatively simple gameplay loop is here. might be worth taking notes

2 Likes