Moo-Moo Manor - A Cow Caretaking Simulator

Welcome to Moo-Moo Manor! You’ve just become the owner of the soon-to-be biggest dairy farm in the whole kingdom! Cultivate your farm, and help the residents within grow into the high-caliber cowgirls they aspire to be!

Moo-Moo Manor is a slow-paced management game about cultivating a lively farm full of ever-growing cowgirls!

Try out the alpha build here:

Moo-Moo Manor 0.1

95 Likes

I’ve only seen the wips you’ve put on twitter. Now, I’m pretty excited to try it!

2 Likes

Very cool to see something from you again. I would suggest tossing some pictures here too.

2 Likes

good call. just updated the OP

4 Likes

Now this looks promising, I’m certainly going to give this a try.

1 Like

Really nice polished little alpha build. Some bugs and feedback listed below.

• The game looks gorgeous, the models are well done and the mechanics for the different options is game seem to be well designed. They work as they feel they should.

• When the characters are lying down in bed it’s a bit hard to click on them. One would assume clicking on the model would be the right call but there is hitbox above the bed that allows the player to interact with the girls that is not as obvious to the player.

• The SFX for the burps sometimes don’t play. I think I encountered this most commonly at higher weights.

• Characters get large enough that the belly rub, feeding, and milking camera has issues showing there sizes without getting cut off. Would be nice to see some ability to change angles or zoom out during these since you have made such good looking models.

• It was not obvious to me at first that you needed to hold down the “pump” action in order to feed the girls and there was not an indication during the tutorial that not doing so was wrong. The fill meter would still go up just by click one time.

• Would be nice to see the girls displayed in the stats menu as well. Maybe the model, weight, personality, traits, etc are listed there, and the stats without having to find them as you start to unlock more girls.

• The day night clock would transition to day from night with no ringing and about half way through the day cycle ring and restart the clock back to the beginning of the day part of the cycle.

• I could remove the bed with a girl still on it and the bed stayed but the character would be gone (they would just move to another room) I would then get a “Null” item in my inventory. Placing this item crashes the game (I had to try to break it at least once.)

It was a nice little demo of the game looking forward to see where you take it great work.

7 Likes

This is friggin’ adorable. Can’t wait to see where this goes.

2 Likes

I assumed that was intentional and you weren’t supposed to interact with the girls while they were sleeping

They can sleep during the day as well, or spend most of the day sleeping. So, it didn’t feel intentional to me, and if it is you can still interact with them easily by clicking above the bed (similar to how you would interact if they were sitting in any other situation)

it very much was not intentional!! in an ideal world the character’s collision box would automatically rotate to fit the animations but it doesn’t, so i’ve gotta do it manually somehow

1 Like

someone FINALLY makes a cowgirl ranching game, and of course, you’d be the best one for it

btw, so as of 0.1, what are the weight caps, and can you actually get the other characters seen in screenshots?

1 Like
  1. this is about the weight cap for abigail:
  1. you can!! the three characters in the screenshots are the three unlockable characters that are available right now
2 Likes

Been looking forward to this since the teasers on twitter a while back, great start and looking forward to where the project goes.

Malina #1

2 Likes

interested if we will get any sort of story here with the characters? perhaps their backstory that would be neat you did add a little flavor text after unlocking a character that describes a bit of what their personality is like, And i assume that there will be interactions in the future or characters going about their day and interacting with certain objects like the sims, maybe even some form of relationships could be added either just to make them more comfortable with you or to delve into deeper prospects like romance.

1 Like

Also I’ll try and make a more comprehensive post tomorrow on bugs if I have some time to mess around tomorrow. But tldr a couple things I noticed

• Time sometimes does not seem to always update normally (or at the very least the clock ding doesn’t always line up with the UI element) - will see if I can get a better handle on what I was doing when this was happening
  • decent amount of minor hitbox/visual discrepencies, like the bed thing mentioned above, only a pretty small part of the belly being intractable at the higher size, milk stream gets misaligned then too
  • the refresh save refreshed everything but Abigail kept all her visuals/stats for me. I had to delete the save in the appdata folder to get clean reset

certainly!! i wanna flesh out the characters a looot more than what’s currently on display here. the main thing i have in mind is this idea i talked about in my first patreon devlog that i’m calling the ‘event system,’ where the player reaching certain parameters would cause almost RPG-esque notifications to pop up, usually in relation to an action a character has taken or the happenings of the world outside that affect the farm in some way. here’s the mockup i showed from that post:

12 Likes

My anti virus does not like this game at all

1 Like

damn we got some cute lil cows in this farm
this game is great, i enjoy the minigames (especially the belly rubs) and that i can hear their noisy tummies while they’re going about their days
HOWEVER
would you ever consider adding a way to better customise just how fat the girls get? i like the lesser stages of weight gain the most but the cows were getting very big much quicker than i’d like

regardless, with more content and features down the line i’ll definitely sub to your patreon

1 Like

Ok, actually got fairly far in, and i had a couple ideas to improve stuff

1, a section of the stats screen, where you can look over the girls you currently have. Seeing things like weight, production rate, and temperments, with that comes

2, temperments for diffrent girls. Esentislly sort of “perks” that give them bonuses or negatives for specific stuff. Like

Cow 1(i honestly forgot their names)
Perk 1: average. No bonuses or negatives to anything
Perk 2: first girl/farm hand. Gives a small bonus to milk production for being the first girl you have

Cow 2
Shy: gets less happiness from physical interactions(rubbing and milking)
Glutton: gets less of a penalty to being overfilled

Cow 3
Queazy: gets more of a penalty from being overfilled
Lonely: more happiness from interactions(again, rubbing and milking)

And any other perks you want to add

3, additional rubbing spots
So here’s a fun idea, how about rubbing more than their belly? Inorder to prevent you from just rubbing everything it’d probably more focus on what you’ve done the most during an interaction, and ignore the rest. The spots i’m thinking of:

Belly, does what it already does
Head, increases happiness more than anything, but nothing else
Breasts, increases milk production, but decreases happiness(also bonus points for sloshing sounds for this interaction)

And thats about it

3 Likes

This is a nice game and it is good to see you back making games again.

the art work is cute and the design works is well made and the game play is a good little loop as you feed your cow girl then milk them and last run there belly but I feel like there is a Small delay with using the pump also the hitbox when your character is on the bed is a bit small but beside that it a very good start and I hope you keep up the good work.

2 Likes