My New Game: "Anyways, here's Butterball", a Thanksgiving story (Finished)

Hi everyone!

My game, “Anyways, Here’s Butterball”- a Thanksgiving stuffing adventure, is finally complete!

The game is fairly straightforward- go around, talk to relatives, and either gorge yourself on Thanksgiving treats, or hold back and make it through the day resisting temptation.

Hopefully you guys enjoy it! If there are any bugs, or you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/llqewywx0ucqydfccxjgsq/anyways-heres-butterball

implying that does anything :stuck_out_tongue:

implying that does anything :P[/quote]
DAMN CHEDDAR DROPPIN THEM TRUTH BOMMMMMBBBSSS

What you got so far ain’t bad, only suggestion at this point would be more dialogue interaction options, ease up the linearity a bit. Still, you are pretty damn quick at whipping these things up out of nowhere :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah its just a quick thing im putting together for thanksgiving, its not gonna be super detailed or anything. Just figured itd be good to do something for the holiday :smiley: glad you like it

Just tried out the game, and it’s definitely entertaining. That said, I’ve run into a couple issues. Namely, I can’t figure out how to give the white russian to Ann, and everytime I enter the dining room, the game simply ends. Are these ones just not implemented yet, given this is a demo, or have I inadvertently stumbled across some bugs?

I’m glad I decided to come to this site today cause you are almost done with another game :smiley:

Yeaaaaah I didn’t put any placeholder stuff into the game at all, so like I said, Ann isn’t finished yet and I haven’t written any of the endings. The game isn’t broken, just not finished, but I was drinking and sad about how my pokemon nuzlocke run was going so I was too lazy to write in proper “YO THIS ISNT DONE YET” triggers.

version/mon?

I still have a save for an incomplete (but pretty damn successful and should be easy to finish) emerald run with trapinch/flygon; that mon is ridiculously versatile, I’ve found

Jerkajerk, something I really envy about your Quest design skillz is that you’re really concise. Like, your games aren’t simple, but they’re juuuuuust complex enough that you get in, tell the story, and get out without seeming to get bogged down in details or bells and whistles.

Whenever I try to write a quest game I get too crazy about including options and branching paths and objective orders and it bogs down the whole thing.

[quote=“Kostromama, post:10, topic:1110”]Jerkajerk, something I really envy about your Quest design skillz is that you’re really concise. Like, your games aren’t simple, but they’re juuuuuust complex enough that you get in, tell the story, and get out without seeming to get bogged down in details or bells and whistles.

Whenever I try to write a quest game I get too crazy about including options and branching paths and objective orders and it bogs down the whole thing.[/quote]

Haha thank you! It’s less of a “I’m being so clever and concise” thing and more of a “If I make this too crazy everything will break and I’m too much of a dum-dum to figure out how to fix it” situation. The last two commissions I’ve done have been overly complex and stressful, so when I do these I’m trying to take more of a simplified approach.

Life of Kriss: Day Two will be a little more complex- for instance, I have a cell phone coded that will do different things depending on the time of day/where you are, which I’m pretty proud of, and will actually involve some typing (GASP!!!)

That being said… I’ve gotten a few comments on LoK asking how to get out of the bedroom, even though I thought I was pretty transparent with that, so maybe simpler is better in this sense.

version/mon?

I still have a save for an incomplete (but pretty damn successful and should be easy to finish) emerald run with trapinch/flygon; that mon is ridiculously versatile, I’ve found[/quote]

Moon and it’s killing me. Just lost my Gyrados, my starter, and my favorite new pokemon, Cutiefly, in one night. Then I got drunk and lost several more in a fit of rage, soooooo it’s going pretty bad.

Still, I’ve got my Umbreon and my Carbink pretty much carrying my team, so at least I’ve got that going for me.

Nuzdrunk sounds like a terrible time.

When you lose a breathren, you drink to forget, then you get sloppy with your Z moves and next thing you know you’re looking at a lot of dead friends…

I could barely bring myself to hi-five Umbreon afterwards.

We’ve thoroughly derailed this topic. Sorry about your Starter and Cutiefly, though Carbink is a boss little blingstone. Thankfully Moon has lots of short routes and lots of cool common pokemon? So, like, your first on any given route is likely to be a cool lil duder.

How do I give the White Russian to the cousin in the corner? Or had that part not been completed yet?

If you had bothered reading you’d know the answer.

Okay, I know how everyone is asking about how to give the white russian to Ann, but I have a more retarded question. Where is the White Russian.

You have to talk with Ada’s dad.

Game is updated! Link is on the first page.

I love any and all feedback.

If you take seconds after getting Ann drunk and eating all the available food (that I could find at least) I got an error message about coordinantes (I can get the specfic one if you like) and I couldnt see whatever the intended ending was