My New Game: "Anyways, here's Butterball", a Thanksgiving story (Finished)

I got a similar message after getting seconds without getting all the food and getting Ann drunk, so I think the error’s just with the ending, rather than those variables.

If it’s any help, here’s the scene + error.

[spoiler]> have some Seconds

Well… Why the hell not. It’s Thanksgiving, right?

Your Mom gestures to the table. “We’re not packing all of this away folks- c’mon, load up your plates!” You dutifully start loading up your plate along with most of the rest of your relatives.

And… Well, let’s face it:

It’s Thanksgiving! Only once a year, right? You’ll… You’ll be better in the future. Probably. Maybe.

Traci leans forward to load up some more food onto her plate- Her blouse seriously looks ridiculous, with flesh peaking in between every single button, showing off copious amounts of her tannerd belly- not to meantion cleavage. Honestly, it’s kind of unsightly- and sure enough, the pressure of her overloaded gut suddenly bursts a button on the damn thing. She turns light pink as she slowly moves her hand down to where she just burst a button. Oh, Staci. Always the definition of grace.

“SHIT!” She shouts, before bolting from the table. Well, that wasn’t… super graceful.

Suzy is still going crazy on the Thanksgiving food. Nothing new there.

Ann still looks bored as hell. She’s barely touched her food. You can’t help but think that she needs to loosen up a bit.

Seconds probably weren’t the best idea. Honestly, you’re feeling kinda like you… Did a bad job at restraining yourself this year. Between the seconds at dinner, the fatty breakfast, and everything in between… Yeah. Not the best at self restraint, apparently.

The night goes on, and although you manage to not eat yourself into a food coma, you’re feeling pretty defeated by the time you get into your bedroom for the night. You were supposed to exhibit self restraint tonight, and you didn’t. Part of you feels like you’ve just given up on self control.

Error running script: Error evaluating expression ‘DictionaryItem(coordinates, coordinate)’: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Error running script: Error evaluating expression ‘DictionaryItem(coordinates, coordinate)’: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
You are in a Your Bed.
[/spoiler]

[quote=“DumplingKing, post:22, topic:1110”]If it’s any help, here’s the scene + error.

[spoiler]> have some Seconds

Well… Why the hell not. It’s Thanksgiving, right?

Your Mom gestures to the table. “We’re not packing all of this away folks- c’mon, load up your plates!” You dutifully start loading up your plate along with most of the rest of your relatives.

And… Well, let’s face it:

It’s Thanksgiving! Only once a year, right? You’ll… You’ll be better in the future. Probably. Maybe.

Traci leans forward to load up some more food onto her plate- Her blouse seriously looks ridiculous, with flesh peaking in between every single button, showing off copious amounts of her tannerd belly- not to meantion cleavage. Honestly, it’s kind of unsightly- and sure enough, the pressure of her overloaded gut suddenly bursts a button on the damn thing. She turns light pink as she slowly moves her hand down to where she just burst a button. Oh, Staci. Always the definition of grace.

“SHIT!” She shouts, before bolting from the table. Well, that wasn’t… super graceful.

Suzy is still going crazy on the Thanksgiving food. Nothing new there.

Ann still looks bored as hell. She’s barely touched her food. You can’t help but think that she needs to loosen up a bit.

Seconds probably weren’t the best idea. Honestly, you’re feeling kinda like you… Did a bad job at restraining yourself this year. Between the seconds at dinner, the fatty breakfast, and everything in between… Yeah. Not the best at self restraint, apparently.

The night goes on, and although you manage to not eat yourself into a food coma, you’re feeling pretty defeated by the time you get into your bedroom for the night. You were supposed to exhibit self restraint tonight, and you didn’t. Part of you feels like you’ve just given up on self control.

You are in a Your Bed.
[/spoiler][/quote]

Yup. I know exactly what I did wrong. I’ll work on fixing it today, I’ll post here when it’s done. Shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

I’m happy to hear that :smiley:

and fixed

;D

There’s a small typo, when you click on the beer it says “your” instead of “you’re” (your is possessive, such as in “your house”).

Easy to play and enjoyable, my favorite part would be the the wide variety of characters, with their respective descriptions, dialogs and possible interactions. Ann’s complexity was also very interesting (thanks to the dialogs and alcoholic actions). The grandpa looked like a cool guy. I opted for the sweatpants and went full retard, eating as much as I could.

I really enjoy these story endings you’ve been doing lately, it’s much better than the usual “game over, this game is finished” you get when finishing most quest story games. I wished there had been more interactions with Traci, such as an eating contest or some teasing, but thanks for the stolen candy scene, seeing her indulgence (and later weight gain) was really smexy.

I’ll try to finish the game without gaining a single pound the next time :slight_smile:

Really enjoyed the game. Played through it a couple of times, though I’m consistently getting the same two endings. Not too sure what I have to do for the other two. Will PM when I have the time; don’t want to leave any spoilers here for anybody. Great game overall.

Edit: Found a third trigger. Now just need to figure out the fourth.

[quote=“Pachaking, post:27, topic:1110”]There’s a small typo, when you click on the beer it says “your” instead of “you’re” (your is possessive, such as in “your house”).

Easy to play and enjoyable, my favorite part would be the the wide variety of characters, with their respective descriptions, dialogs and possible interactions. Ann’s complexity was also very interesting (thanks to the dialogs and alcoholic actions). The grandpa looked like a cool guy. I opted for the sweatpants and went full retard, eating as much as I could.

I really enjoy these story endings you’ve been doing lately, it’s much better than the usual “game over, this game is finished” you get when finishing most quest story games. I wished there had been more interactions with Traci, such as an eating contest or some teasing, but thanks for the stolen candy scene, seeing her indulgence (and later weight gain) was really smexy.

I’ll try to finish the game without gaining a single pound the next time :)[/quote]

Well thank you very much! I’m glad you enjoy the game. I’ll add that typo to the list of things to fix! Thank you for the feedback!

[quote=“hedkrakka, post:28, topic:1110”]Really enjoyed the game. Played through it a couple of times, though I’m consistently getting the same two endings. Not too sure what I have to do for the other two. Will PM when I have the time; don’t want to leave any spoilers here for anybody. Great game overall.

Edit: Found a third trigger. Now just need to figure out the fourth.[/quote]

Sure, PM away. There’s one that’s pretty tricky to get. I designed it to not be overly obvious.

Wait, there’s a fourth ending? Huh, I may have to crack this one open again and go poking around; I only found three.

Wait, there’s a fourth ending? Huh, I may have to crack this one open again and go poking around; I only found three.[/quote]

Sure as shit there is!

I was just trying to maximize the weight gain of the character I was playing as (I don’t play weight gain games to avoid gaining weight lol) though I may play around with it more just to see what different endings I can get. I think I more or less was able to encourage everyone else to eat heavily, among those where there’s an option.

At the risk of looking like an idiot I just have to ask this. Is it possible to drink the beer in the fridge? From what’s said ingame I assumed you had to pop the shorts in front of someone to put her in a bad mood, but I just can’t figure out any way to do that outside of your room.

There’s 3 different things you need to do with your cousin before you’ll be able to drink the beer. Talk to her, talk to your relatives. I’d dare say she could use a drink or three ;D

Can you give us another hint? What action with Ann and Suzy blocks the progression; I keep running into the bootlegger stop after one beer?

Can you give us another hint? What action with Ann and Suzy blocks the progression; I keep running into the bootlegger stop after one beer?[/quote]

try talking to your dad. or your grandpa.

Loved this one two!
Not sure if you lost this one as well, but I found some mistakes:

“a dozen people than the her family of four.” first time talking to mom.
“But nobody every pushes the issue” looking at uncle James.
“Your Aunt Suzy has always been friend,” talking to aunt Suzy.
She’'s always been a drumstick person” aunt Suzy at dinner table.
“clearly looking worse for ware.” Traci at dinner table.

[quote=“rozadodelacolina, post:37, topic:1110”]Loved this one two!
Not sure if you lost this one as well, but I found some mistakes:

“a dozen people than the her family of four.” first time talking to mom.
“But nobody every pushes the issue” looking at uncle James.
“Your Aunt Suzy has always been friend,” talking to aunt Suzy.
She’'s always been a drumstick person” aunt Suzy at dinner table.
“clearly looking worse for ware.” Traci at dinner table.[/quote]

Thank you! Fixed them all.

Also, due to popular request, I’m going to put a guide to get every single ending, in order, from “skinniest” to “heaviest” Ada.

Ending 1:

Wear your booty shorts to dinner. That’s it. The only way you can lose those is by eating chocolates with Ada, so… Just don’t do that.

Ending 2:

Get to thanksgiving dinner in your sweatpants, eat dinner, decline seconds

Ending 3:

Get to thanksgiving dinner in your sweatpants, take seconds

Ending 4 (the hardest to get):

[spoiler]Wear whatever you want (you’ll lose the booty shorts either way)
Eat breakfast 3 times (it will go away)
Eat bowl of chips and mini hotdogs in living room
Talk to Dad and Cousin Francine
Go upstairs, go north to Traci’s room
Talk to Traci
Examine Side table
Indulge in Chocolate stash x3 (it will go away)
Go downstairs, eat plate of sandwiches x2 (it will go away)
Take beer from fridge
Speak to Cousin Ann x2, she will take the beer
Go back to living room, talk to dad
Make white russian, bring to Cousin Ann
Go upstairs and outside, talk to grandpa x2
Take Canadian whiskey to Cousin Ann, speak to her again, she should move to the other room
Open the fridge again and have a beer
Go to Thanksgiving dinner, take seconds

If you want to be absolutely sure you got everything, go upstairs and check the scale before you go to the living room. If Ada kicks it under the laundry tub and it disappears, it means you did everything correctly.
[/spoiler]

This game is much better now that it has endings. Good job.

Bug report below.

Missing action:
The beer can can’t be picked up once dropped.

Failed synonyms:
“sit” and “eat breakfast” at breakfast

“give to ann”

Typographical errors:
“You hop on the scale and glance down at the digital readout- 167.8. Not bad! Done from the 168.0 you weighed…”

“You are in Tracis Room. You can see a Traci.” Needs an apostrophe on “Traci’s” and the interpreter isn’t seeing Traci as a person for some reason.

“One Ninety Six Point Fffffffffffffffffffffff-” Was this supposed to be “one sixty nine point…”?

“And honestly, if you’re this much of a glutton on a day you’ve spent days, if not weeks, preparing to not to, y’know, glut yourself, then what does that say for your future?” Remove either “to” and this sentence will work fine.