Next bellymod disscussion(old)

Here is where i will post my plans for the next update cycle. I’ll also update this from time to time with progress as i check things off of the list. Feel free to post suggestions or requests here (or in PM for that matter) though i offer no guarantee that i will make them come true

[ul][li]Bug fixes![/li]
[li]A remake of how stomach volume works. right now it scales with the proxy’s max belly size at a 1 to 2 ratio. This is ridiculous. you end up with a very large bellied proxy being able to eat like…literally all the food. While it should be able to be increased, it shouldn’t increase nearly that much. maybe like tripling or quadrupling from normal size when a proxy is huge. recalculate food volume and caloric content rework is done but there is a few more things i need to work on. like changing the things that reference stomach volumeI altered the feeding mechanic to respect the new stomach volume changes[/li]
[li]Refactor the belly size descriptions again. looking at the code it seems that the value of generic.abdomen might actually be just a straight measurement of how far the proxy’s belly sticks out from where a flat stomach would be. I’m waiting for confirmation of this from H.Coder…but if it’s true then all of my sizes are wrong by like a factor of 2 in some cases. if i don’t change it this will bother the shit out of me. The hard part will be finding objects to compare bellies to. Though i will probably want to put a “kiddie pool filling” description in there somewhere. I feel that gives a good understandable size haha. refactoring done now I need to do the laborious task re-calibrating files. No longer goes up the planet size and what not but i might go back and add some more ridiculous sizes later. it currently goes up to “pool filling” and “tank sized” [/li]
[li]Finish my refactoring of the in home belly play option[/li]
[li]I will be adding Julia back in as an expansion quest giver. the rough story idea i have is that she’s genetically superior and has always excelled at things but now wants to excel at belly things (wip lol) but before she’ll let you help her she’ll want you to prove that you can do it to others. So one of the quests she will send you on is to fatten up myre to a point.[/li]
[li]as part of this large Julia quest chain i will make a dungeon in the old city. An old research lab. there monsters will be fought to get high tech and magic ingredients (tie-ing into the body mod lab to create potions that lower metabolism, increase stomach volume, increase max belly size potions to alter fat distribution. that sort of thing)[/li]
[li]I need feedback on this idea: work on mobility things. I have an idea to make it so that the bigger the proxy is the harder it is for them to move around. Functionally there would be a new button on any outside area that would open a menu of mobility things. the bigger your proxy is the more tiring moving from place to place will be. the button will have options to rest to recover some tiredness and that sort of thing. As part of this i would include some mobility enhancing things(think gene modification, nanobots, or an exoskeleton like those in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games. acquisition would be tied to the high tech old city dungeon). What are people’s thoughts on this.[/li]
[li]a combat overhaul with the ability to train combat skills(unarmed, maybe weapons, belly skills, maybe magic. Right now the combat system is in boring shape and as a gamer this is a sin haha. I want to make this dungeon actually somewhat challenging(without making meat sponges) so a combat overhaul would be required. At least upgrade it to something like original final fantasy quality[/li]
[li]Finish fleshing out myre’s stuff. more things to do with her to convince her to gain and more things to do with her when she’s a big fat pig[/li]
[li]Further fleshing out of the pregnancy striptease (plus balance work as i make that happen)[/li]
[li]Add more stuff to do. You know just more jobs. I have an office based job and a grocery store based job in my head for proxies to work. Choices are rather limited for work and i don’t think that should be the case. if the combat stuff happens well enough killing monsters may become profitable. Any suggestions would be welcome. Actually any suggestions for a profession where a belly could be utilized (besides things that already exist) would be awesome[/li]
[li]MOAR FOOD[/li]
[li]Re touch of the sex interaction. it’s…pretty dated[/li]
[li]Display lewdness values in description display[/li]
[li]Better task transparency(adding descriptions to the task files so you can tell what they do[/li]
[li]Adding a slime enemy for the dungeon including a feeding attack[/li]
[li]look into Extended pregnancy stuff(I’ve done some looking into this and I’m not sure how to get this to work. I’ll keep looking but this might be a more involved process that i had hoped)[/li]
[li]Air belly inflation. After doing some minor research I’ve concluded this should be easy to add. Its not a high priority[/li]
[li][/li][/ul]

NOTE:This list does not mean that i wont release another update until this is all finished. this is just my todo list. My next release will be a bug fix release and the next after that will probably be a patch with just the bellysize rework and the stomach volume rework. after that…well we will see

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Suggestions? Griping?

About mobility things, i think that you should first make it, and then let it tovtest. Only after that people can say: they need it or not.

What about helth? Is it connected to dexterity? Because everytime proxys belly became too big, she going to hospital loop, with no hope to return.

[quote=“Kenshirosan666, post:2, topic:736”]About mobility things, i think that you should first make it, and then let it tovtest. Only after that people can say: they need it or not.

What about helth? Is it connected to dexterity? Because everytime proxys belly became too big, she going to hospital loop, with no hope to return.[/quote]

I am planning on ways to fix that more easily, yes. Every proxy has a a stat (abdomen.max_volume). When your proxy’s belly gets bigger than that they start to take damage. Now in the game and my mode there are some ways to help with that. The item bloated berries found on the beach increase the stat a tiny bit. And in my mod using the belly rub interaction in the house also very slightly increases the stat as well based on how many buttons you click in it

Thanks for the answer =) waiting for new release

Yeah, I think this is really vital. Right now it behaves really wonky and has ugly knock-on effects in the feeding system.

This sounds like a really great idea for some new content. I’m a sucker for narrative questlines as well as procedural ones.

I like the basic idea, but I’m not sure how easy it’ll be to work into FM’s movement system. The cost of movement doesn’t seem to be easily hookable without modifying nearly every event in the game.

More specialized mobility stuff would definitely be cool and not too hard to add: Since you’re planning to add a dungeon, you could consider adding bits in there where bigger proxies have a more difficult time taking the “easy route” or shortcuts through the dungeon – maybe fatter characters can’t fit through tight tunnels or something.

An exoskeleton would be pretty neat. Quick concept for that – maybe it has an internal battery pack, and each hour that passes consumes some energy based on weight. Use items (or return to base) to charge it back up. If it runs out of power, you have to disconnect from the proxy, the same way the current “tiredness” mechanic disconnects you.

I’m on board with this. Shameful secret: I always mod my game right now so that proxies can’t lose fights. I find training up a combat-specific character really tedious. If stats didn’t degrade as fast, or there was some more-persistent way to improve a character’s combat viability, I’m totally down.

Doesn’t need to be full-on Final Fantasy quality, but a bit more depth than “attack or run” would be cool.

Mucho awesome. Very want. (Would also be great if there were some talk options, or other stuff to do when visiting her at night. Your messages already mention her watching TV a lot – maybe proxies could just hang out and watch TV to improve your relationship, and if you’re convincing enough you could get her to eat a few extra snacks :wink: ).

I’ll confess I didn’t play too much with this. A number of the templates seemed broken. I’ll try it out some more and post a bug report.

Seems less important to me than the rest of the stuff you mentioned. It’d be nice once the rest of the content is more fleshed out, though.

:smiley:

It’d be nice if the body mod lab’s potions had lower-level versions that were less efficient with cash/ingredients than the higher-level ones, but were available earlier. Right now it’s either nothing, or super-expensive potion that instantly lets you get a massive belly.

The lab could also perhaps offer some potions that work temporarily (like DigestUp) – stuff that would lower/raise metabolism, stomach capacity, stretchmark fade rate, etc.

Being able to offer more ingredients to Myre would be cool, too. “Kitty Mint Chocolate Chips” or something. :wink:

Any chance of throwing Myre’s race into the random proxy generation, or adding some way to get pigs like you can get kau proxies?

[quote=“pirateGuy, post:6, topic:736”]Any chance of throwing Myre’s race into the random proxy generation, or adding some way to get pigs like you can get kau proxies?[/quote]
Hah, yeah. here race is really cobbled together at this point. when i revisit her content I’ll revisit the race stuff

Some ideas for jobs:
Taste testing/Quality control - Maybe a factory that produces snacks or something.
Maybe add a floor to the fetish cafe where you have to be a certain size to work in.

[quote=“Grizz, post:8, topic:736”]Some ideas for jobs:
Taste testing/Quality control - Maybe a factory that produces snacks or something.
Maybe add a floor to the fetish cafe where you have to be a certain size to work in.[/quote]

I’d be more likely to just add more events based on a proxy’s size than to add another floor(it would be too hard for them to get to ;P)

Maybe adding job at the Vicki’s place? I think it would be good.

I just realized the state of the sex interaction… I’m going to have to revisit it. Added to the list

Ive started working on an office building for another job option that isn’t overtly sexual. I’ve got the skeleton done. You’ll be able to interview for the one position i have planned for the moment. You’ll get asked questions and be able to respond (or not as the case may be). The interviewer/boss for the low level position is supposed to be kind of a lecherous middle manager with a thing for bellies (because why not?) so you may be able to leverage that in your interview or while you’re working.

I chose this mostly because i want non-sexualised proxy’s still be able to contribute monetarily. I’ll also probably plat hooks for other quests down the line in there. it’s a data entry job so i can easily slip in something like “You read about X quest in the files. Go find it”

Over all it shouldn’t take too much of my time. it’s pretty straight forward.

Honestly I’d like to see something like this, or anything better than the game’s default immobility system. I toyed around with the idea of events where, if the proxy were of a high enough exhaustion level and large enough belly/tits/general weight:strength ratio, they could become immobile and could only rest until they were less tired, but with the chance of random events occurring during the waiting hours based on where you were and what time it was - passerby teasing you, creatures ganging up on you, people taking advantage of you, good Samaritans trying and utterly/hilariously failing to move you back home or just out of the way, etc. If I can find the stuff I had written about it I might try doing a couple little events like that next week, but if it’d interfere too much with anything you or some other bigger modder is planning (a stylistic clash or incompatibilities with other systems) I’d just as soon tweak it or put it back on the shelf.

How about some sort of mobility enabling device? you’d need parts from ruined city and a fair bit of money, but you could then increase the mobility of an otherwise house bound proxy.

Something like: Fattie | Judge Dredd Wiki | Fandom or a mobility scooter.

For top heavy proxies a robotic wheelbarrow.

If i implement the old city dungeon the mobility exo-skeleton will be part of/ a reward from it. I will definitely be including mobility type issues in the dungeon itself but I’ll have to wait and see if I want to do the labor to make sure it works well in the rest of the world.

anyway the exoskeleton I had in mind would be something like this: http://saburox.deviantart.com/art/CM-Reverse-Assisted-Huge-Mecha-Carriage-Device-475075863. though keep in mind that they’re kind of a stretch goal for this point.

Oh, and as an aside I’ve put the office part of the update into the “maybe i’ll touch you more latter but wont put you into a patch” pile. The MITYMLBWPYIAP pile. pronounced mitty-milb-whipy-yap pile. The reason is that what i have implemented is way to cringey even for me so I’d have to redo a bunch of stuff.

Quick update:

I’ve been working on the stomach size rework. I ended up getting help to figure out the math from a good friend.

So here is how it’s going to work:

Each character is going to have a base stomach volume and a stomach stretch multiplier. Theire current stomach volume is just their base stomach volume times that multiplier. a character can eat over their stomach volume but the more food they consume over that amount the more likely they are to throw up. Keep that in mind and I’ll come back to it.

In reality google tells me that a person can have their stomach stretched up to 4 times its normal size so I’ve set the normal max multiplier to be 4(and the base multiplier to be like 1 or 1.1.

Anyway, consuming more food than your stomach volume will cause your stretch multiplier to increase. The rate at which that multiplier increases will greatly slow down as it approaches 4.

There are still going to be some edge cases i need to figure out. Like what happens when you eat more than your base volume X 4? Do you just puke immediately? Or maybe you just can’t use the item? That sounds reasonable. We will see. I’m also probably going to give different races different base volumes(kau’s should have much more base volume than plain humans).

After I implement this i will be making a pass through all the food to change it’s size an caloric input.

The math has been a success after like 2 hours of looking for a missing “)” that was masquerading as a null reference error. It seems to be working as intended. Next I have to update things that rely on stomach volume like the description of fullness I put in the last patch. Also food needs to be re balanced for volume and caloric content. The feeding system has to be re factored a bit to account for the new changes. Lots of work to do but the hardest of the math is out of the way! REJOICE!

bad news is that these changes thoroughly break nostorodamus’s mod…sorry >.>

To be fair, I always found Nostordamus’ mod to have… curious ideas about balance. I think I had a proxy that gained over 200kg thanks to a single story event.

Which revealed other hilarious deficiencies in how FM calculates body part sizes. A 700kg proxy with 40% fat in belly and 10% fat in hips only had a “person-sized” belly according to your mod’s descriptions, had gained only 10 cm around her hips, was described as “slightly plump”, and kept complaining that she was “getting a little chubby”. ;D

Did you change something about how belly fullness works in the last patch, by the way? I’ve noticed that stuffing Myre now lets you get all the way up to “painfully stretched” without mood loss.

Probably. but I’m going to be changing it again very soon to account for the way I’ve changed things. I’ve also changed the description file for bellies to make it less nebulous

The whole thing about a proxy who is huge “being a little chubby” is because of the way the game calculates that file. it uses body fat percentage not any particular body type.

It’s not hard to poke holes in fetishmaster haha

[quote=“Dohavocom, post:19, topic:736”]Probably. but I’m going to be changing it again very soon to account for the way I’ve changed things. I’ve also changed the description file for bellies to make it less nebulous

The whole thing about a proxy who is huge “being a little chubby” is because of the way the game calculates that file. it uses body fat percentage not any particular body type.

It’s not hard to poke holes in fetishmaster haha[/quote]

Yeah, that’s the challenging bit about trying to figure out proper descriptions based on numbers. The way that FM has “fat in organs” not counting towards total body fat kinda makes some sense when it’s breasts, or hips to a much lesser extent, but I’m pretty sure most folks would call a person with a 100kg ball of belly flab at least “a little chubby”. :wink:

With the new stomach size rework, will you be adding options to help train up Myre’s digestion rate as well? I got to the point where I was stuffing ten cheesecakes into her, and then having to wait upwards of 7 days for it all to digest.