Next bellymod disscussion(old)

any plans on editing the wakeup text? right now it caps out at ‘could fit an average sized person inside it’ …even when the belly is 8-12m ;D

I hadn’t had any plans for it really. I honestly forget it exists most of the time. Let me take a look and see if i can at least alter the values to be more consistent with my mod.

The whole wakeup system could use a size update - even the big girls ‘leap easily to their feet’ at the end.

Okay a few ideas:

• reactions on the street to your weight and stand out assets. So like breast size descriptions there would be a random chance reaction to your proxy based on weight, bust size, belly size and other appearance features. I’d suggest a very basic range to start with and then the community here can contribute their own reactions. That way you really feel how your proxy has changed, not just the odd unlock and some numbers.

• a fat only nightclub in the city, each layer of the club is unlocked the larger your proxy. More eating opportunities as you go and other encounters.

• Some idea of softness/hardness and emptiness. So fake breasts should get a different reaction to say natural, but say milk enlarged breasts. Also full bellies and breasts should be larger to match their weight. Some acknowledgement of the difference between a fat belly and a hard pregnant belly would be nice.

• Also I guess some sort of Patreon or pool to save for artwork for the game, I was never that with appropriating artwork. That’s why Vicky is made with a character generator.

[quote=“Oppaithon, post:24, topic:736”]Okay a few ideas:

• reactions on the street to your weight and stand out assets. So like breast size descriptions there would be a random chance reaction to your proxy based on weight, bust size, belly size and other appearance features. I’d suggest a very basic range to start with and then the community here can contribute their own reactions. That way you really feel how your proxy has changed, not just the odd unlock and some numbers.

• a fat only nightclub in the city, each layer of the club is unlocked the larger your proxy. More eating opportunities as you go and other encounters.

• Some idea of softness/hardness and emptiness. So fake breasts should get a different reaction to say natural, but say milk enlarged breasts. Also full bellies and breasts should be larger to match their weight. Some acknowledgement of the difference between a fat belly and a hard pregnant belly would be nice.

• Also I guess some sort of Patreon or pool to save for artwork for the game, I was never that with appropriating artwork. That’s why Vicky is made with a character generator.[/quote]

There are already reactions in Dova’s mod for certain belly sizes, but all the other ideas sound great!

[quote=“Oppaithon, post:24, topic:736”]Okay a few ideas:

• Also I guess some sort of Patreon or pool to save for artwork for the game, I was never that with appropriating artwork. That’s why Vicky is made with a character generator.[/quote]

-I do want to have more reactions to your proxy’s weight on the street. i have a couple in there, but that’s not enough. part of the attraction to gaining is how other things respond so there needs to be more of those.

-The description of softness/firmness of belly/breasts is something that I’ve been thinking of how to implement. Still haven’t thought of a solution yet. it would be nice but it’s not something that’s a priority at this point. BUT maybe I’ll think of something

-I’ve vaguely considered doing a patreon but decided that I’m not big enough yet. i don’t think my content is quality enough to warrant someone giving me money for it. Like for example, i only had around 1,200 downloads of my previous patch and the myre patch is sitting at around 400 downloads. Maybe once i get the dungeon and some more quests out I will re consider.

I was maybe thinking a contributions thread? where people could post artwork or descriptions.

Really just boost variety.

To be honest using artwork without permission can be poisonous in the long term. I used to use an MP3 player called Xion. The original creator ported a load of popular Winamp skins over to it. They then get found out. This basically turned off a chunk of the community to creating anything for it.

That said it can be a bit chicken and egg. I don’t know if we can’t use some completely free sources like Pixabay with a filter or a character creator, under the understanding that the images can be replaced by bespoke later.

And I’d have to remove it if it were being used without the source’s permission. I’d rather not deal with cease and desist stuff.

And I’d have to remove it if it were being used without the source’s permission. I’d rather not deal with cease and desist stuff.[/quote]

Another reason why i wouldn’t do it

[quote=“Dohavocom, post:17, topic:736”]The math has been a success after like 2 hours of looking for a missing “)” that was masquerading as a null reference error. It seems to be working as intended. Next I have to update things that rely on stomach volume like the description of fullness I put in the last patch. Also food needs to be re balanced for volume and caloric content. The feeding system has to be re factored a bit to account for the new changes. Lots of work to do but the hardest of the math is out of the way! REJOICE!

bad news is that these changes thoroughly break nostorodamus’s mod…sorry >.>[/quote]
Definitely looking forward to trying this out! I’ve had thoughts about how to tackle this before since the original implementation is hilariously broken, but struggled at striking a balance between pseudo-realism, game balance, and whether it’s actually any fun.

That, and as you found out, modifying organs in general tends to break compatibility. :V

You could just eliminate the fat in organs part of that calculation, although then you eventually run into proxies with convenient fat distributions being called obese or “heavy and bulging.” That last one may not be so far off the mark though…

This is the other awkward part about how the “stomach” interaction works – digestion is handled as a flat reduction against the current calorie pool every hour, and this same calorie pool is used for fat loss calculations (in other words, exercise). This is why even a few cream eclairs take so horrifically long to digest without grinding exercise events (or timelapsing via the debug menu). The calorie rate can be boosted, but it’s not hard to break either game balance or even the game’s behavior this way (I’ve had a runaway situation more than once with a proxy just rapidly gaining weight which I think may have had to do with a floating math problem, but I couldn’t consistently replicate it).

The food items themselves are another matter entirely.

Yeah, the way digestion is handled should probably be reworked. I’d need to do some research first before i even thought about touching it though haha.

The only organ which should be broken is the abdomen one. that’s the only one i made changes in.

Oh. I also missed your question cloack-ghost. i didn’t have any plans for upping her digestion rate, no. I still have to do some research to how the game does that.

And I’d have to remove it if it were being used without the source’s permission. I’d rather not deal with cease and desist stuff.[/quote]

Another reason why i wouldn’t do it[/quote]

Is it possible to have some plain placeholder images? That way we can at least see how much artwork is needed.

I have been trying to figure out a simple way of doing them. Backgrounds can be pulled together by filtering public domain images like those from Pixabay, they are licensed for commercial use with no attribution.

Then the issue is the characters. One option would be to do a simple outline based on something like a poser render or a photo. Kind of like Tainted’s character outline. I can’t really draw myself, but a simple outline wouldn’t be that hard to make.

Even then, just a plain fill with the image details in metadata or filename for replacement later.

You overestimate my artistic ability. also I just have to many things on my plate to start worrying about art assets.

I figured i should let everyone know what I’m working on.

Progress:

-Stubbed out a big part of the dungeon i have planned so you can move around but that’s it.

-Working on the combat system a bit. Imagine when you hit attack you go into a menu where you can select body parts to attack (and have hit chances displayed). Some body parts should have benefits and costs to attack them (like headshots being harder to execute but giving bonus damage).

I think: Regular attacks (melee, ranged, whatever) will target specific body parts where special abilities (like magic or belly crushing attacks" will just be target based).

I plan on having the enemy actions be determined by a very rudimentary AI system (basically weighted percents ). Some of their actions may be multi turn affairs (giving a good reason to actually use defensive abilities instead of just attack attack attack). I’m working on these 2 things in tandem because the dungeon should have more combat. I hope to make the combat somewhat challenging but we’ll see once it gets to a testable stage.

-Work continues on finishing the changes to the belly play interaction. I’ll be adding some masturbation scenes and i might add some flavor speech text(like a very aroused proxy begging to be allowed to cum et cetera). Work has been slow in general this past couple weeks, pretty much just a lul in motivation (to counteract the very productive week where I put out the most recent release hahaha).

-As I’ve mentioned around, i also reworked how stomach volume is calculated and works. Overall your proxy’s will be able to eat much less but those who wish to work around that will find a few stats to manipulate to get it to a more “agreeable” state). I’ve based most of my numbers off of real world averages so i’m happy where it is now but it will probably be tweaked over time. There are 2 things I still need to do here: re-implement the changes into the feeding system, and I need to figure out how to better deal with overeating (something more statistically interesting and actionable than just a percent chance).

I’ll probably put out a release one i get the stomach rework finished. I don’t have a timeline, but expect it sometime before the next 6 months hahaha

Thanks for reading!

Small progress update:

The combat update has gone well. Slow, but well. I’ve got the basic systems working. The enemies can be attacked (their various body parts) and they can attack back with a few options. Still need to add more of all of this but it’s working! Proof of concept is done.

I went ahead and added an extra description for belly firmness. pregnancy, food, pregnancy implants, and semen increase firmness and fat decreases firmness. it’s not a perfect thing but i hop it will make people happy!

I have an announcement that will probably make a few people happy. Because of feature creep I’ll be adding some images in a specific location in my next release. these aren’t commissioned, they’re going to be home-made by yours truly. I recently got into some cheaty artistic stuff and figured i was good enough to put something simple in.

What I’m going to add is a visual display for the measurement event. so when you measure your proxy an image of their approximate belly size will display. If you want to see the style they’ll be in you can visit my DA since Ive posted a few images there.

Woo hoo! Fat people!

Might put out a new release soon with the new visual content i have added. Just going to add some more images before i do

release plz)))
In current release stomach capacity never changes? It appears that proxy-characters have stomach capacity = 4 L but Myre has stomach capacity = 10 L lol

The changes i made to the stomach volume have not been released yet. In the base version stomach volume is equal to a stat (abdomen.max_volume) divided by 2. That stat is increased by have you belly size be near and or above that value.

As for when a release will come out: I plan on putting something out soon, but need to add a tiny bit of polish. I’ve also been very busy the past couple weeks prepping stuff for a huge DnD session (that happened this past Sunday) so that’s out of the way now I’ll see if i can speed that up