Next bellymod disscussion(old)

So as a result of a combination of unmotivation mixed with motivation Ive started working on images for Myre to show her growth over time.

oooh, nice. :smiley:

Preview: http://dohavocom.deviantart.com/art/Myre-GIF-608097390

I updated the download of the most recent release to include the new images previously mentioned. Get em while they’re hawt!

I just got around to checking out the last release a couple days ago, so I’m already behind again.

It’s a shame image support seems to be so limited; it’d be nice to be able to put together a composite image on the fly based on a mix of belly/breast/hip sizes and fat distribution ratios for a character viewer, but even if you created a single image file for each possibility (just for those three, with 30 or so possible sizes each, would be 27,000 images) you’d have to be able to call an image file from a generated string rather than a static file name, and I don’t know if the engine actually allows that. Given that your mod seems to use templates as a large series of conditionals to load belly size images, I’m going to assume it doesn’t.

any possibility of making it compatible with the other mod?

To do so would require reworking just about all of the eating/drinking/size-checking events in the other mod - the stomach system in this mod is completely different. It’s not impossible, but it would take a good chunk of time and effort, especially considering the impossible amounts of food you’re expected to eat long before the content line is over.

The two mods aim to do completely different things - a semi-realistic stuffing mod versus a fantastical and implausible one.

[quote=“jimbobvii, post:45, topic:736”]I just got around to checking out the last release a couple days ago, so I’m already behind again.

It’s a shame image support seems to be so limited; it’d be nice to be able to put together a composite image on the fly based on a mix of belly/breast/hip sizes and fat distribution ratios for a character viewer, but even if you created a single image file for each possibility (just for those three, with 30 or so possible sizes each, would be 27,000 images) you’d have to be able to call an image file from a generated string rather than a static file name, and I don’t know if the engine actually allows that. Given that your mod seems to use templates as a large series of conditionals to load belly size images, I’m going to assume it doesn’t.[/quote]
I’ve thought about ways to go about this problem (including just brute forcing it) but they all have problems. It also doesn’t help that I’m learning to make these images as i go. I’m no artist haha. If i could just plop out and modify Atticus’s display thing that would be awesome.

I might be able to call images based on a dedicated string, but i haven’t really tried. I doubt it but i haven’t actually tried(though i have thought about it briefly.

I mean…It is kind of compatible in the fact that i have stomach volume scaling a little bit with the stat abdomen.max_volume, but since i lowered its effect on stomach that means you’ll have to use the events in the other mod many many more times for their effects. (stomach volume used to be: stomach volume = abdomen.max_volume/2. Now it is (a bunch of math) + (abdomen.max_volume/100).

So there would be 2 ways to fix that.

1. Give abdomen.max volume a greater place in the calculation so the other mod doesn’t need to be changed. I don’t like this option because it would effectively return the problem that i removed with the changes i made.

2. I alter Nostorodamus’s mod files. To be honest i don’t want to mess around with someone else’s files. That feels disrespectful to me. They’re not my style and i already have a ton of plans for my content let alone someone else’s. Honestly I’d love to get in contact with him. We could conspire and plot and plan for our mods together. Unfortunately i have no ideas where he hangs out or anything. If you know where i can get in contact with him then we could get something working. Until that happens any plans i have for changing his content will be on the back burner.

If you want to just revert the changes just get a fresh copy of the base game, and my mod and delete the organs folder from my mod before installing it, that will return the comparability to its previous state.

I think that as long as you EXPRESSLY say that the version you’ve modified to work with your mod isn’t the original, it should be fine. Usually people who disappear on the internet don’t show back up under the same name, and when someone does that they really want to distance themselves from their old work.

Its still a very fine line that i don’t want to worry about. I mean The important thing is that i don’t have the time of motivation to do it. I would have to alter like half the files in the mod to make them approach compatibility and i just really don’t want to do it. If someone else wanted to do it i’d support them in that effort, answer questions, explain how i might go about it but it’s not on my personal to do list. Sorry

Actually, how exactly does fullness calculation work now? I can see that stomach volume is basically your base volume multiplied by the current stretch factor, but even then it seems like it’s possible to stuff someone well above their current volume. What exactly determines when enough’s enough?

I might take a stab at rebalancing at least the bathhouse and cafe portions of nost’s mod, but I guarantee nothing. I was already going to clean up the text and revamp the milk barn portions of it for my own use anyways.

[quote=“jimbobvii, post:51, topic:736”]Actually, how exactly does fullness calculation work now? I can see that stomach volume is basically your base volume multiplied by the current stretch factor, but even then it seems like it’s possible to stuff someone well above their current volume. What exactly determines when enough’s enough?

I might take a stab at rebalancing at least the bathhouse and cafe portions of nost’s mod, but I guarantee nothing. I was already going to clean up the text and revamp the milk barn portions of it for my own use anyways.[/quote]

Believe it or not i DID have all the stomach volume code stuff commented but i removed it all in the process of hunting down a bug and never re-added it.

Basically abdomen.stomach_volume is the point where you are “full”. Filling the stomach with food above that point causes the stomach to stretch(increasing the variable stomach.stretch_rate). Functionally you can keep filling the stomach but the more stuff in there, the more likely the proxy is to vomit (also, the rate of stomach.stretch_rate increase doesn’t grow past like 150% fullness. This means that stomach.stretch_rate increases by a certain amount at 150% fullness but if you fill it to say 200% capacity it still only stretches the same amount)

The math is designed to create a logarithmic curve so that the stomach stretches less as it get closer to the max stretch rate. I might still tweak the math in the future but i haven’t gotten much feedback on it =P

Now, if i was to go about changing Nost’s mod i would alter the files with expand the events that change abdomen.max_volume and make them either change stomach.stretch_rate and/or stomach.max_stretch_rate(or whatever i have it actually called).

that’s a good starting place anyway

If you like to stick with stock game logic, it’s will be nice if you use gene “generic.regen_rate” as part of the calculation for stretch rate. “generic.regen_rate” - designed to not only show the direct healing speed, but also to show how fast body can adapt to changes.

I did consider using that variable but it’s too big haha. The number that increases is the rate (the default max stretch rate I’ve set is is 4) so if i increased the stretch rate by the regen rate it would increase the rate by a huge amount each hour.

You can use it in your formula, not just value from that gene as is.

next time i take a pass at that area of the code I’ll see if i can fit it in

I added a lewdness description to my current build. The descriptors may need to be tweaked, but this feature is in the pipe for my next release.

I’ve been working on a new set of myre images(relaxing at night). Here is a gif of what I have so far

The thing that confused me a bit was that the stretch descriptions were like “very stuffed” but didn’t seem to trigger any vomiting despite that. Perhaps the descriptors should reflect not how it is towards the base max volume for the person but for its current max volume.

You’re right, it should give some indication of nausea. I’ll see what i can do.