Next bellymod disscussion(old)

I went in and added a brief description for nauseousness. you have to check the appearance menu to see it and it seems often its too late to react to but it’s there.

Would it be possible to add a printout to the main text window about the proxy’s nausea (or fullness, or belly appearance, or whatever) by editing the “eat” action on the “abdomen” organ (or a custom variant)? Or add a call to a template script to do the printout, if it can’t be done directly from the action?

actually. I thought you were asking on thing but realized you were asking another. That is a good question/idea! I’ll do some poking around.

actually. I thought you were asking on thing but realized you were asking another. That is a good question/idea! I’ll do some poking around.[/quote]
Yeah, sorry, I had meant to quote the previous conversation (and offer a possible suggestion to accomplish what you and GeekingOut were suggesting), but apparently I failed there. Luckily you were able to figure out what I was trying to say :wink:

I’ve been looking some more at the organ files, and the actions. I haven’t tried to modify anything yet, so I can’t say for sure, and I can’t see any place where the “Script to Action” or “Next Hour Script” in the base organs call the templates, but those scripts do appear to be doing the same kinds things that the scripts inside the <%%> in the Event texts do, and I know calling templates from there is possible, so I suspect it should work.

Many ETA on the next update?

I have no idea haha. Motivation and time has been low as of late. Not soon TM

Just as an update for any interested parties:

I’ve been pretty unproductive recently. Sorry. I’ve actually been busy with work and what not and what free time i have has been split between DnD prep, Blood and Wine, Stelaris, Stardew Valley, and family/relationship time.

What i’ve currently got on my mine for my mod

1. Multi-bodypart growth image representation. I might be able to display multiple bodyparts growing instead of just the belly i have now. As it sits now i would only be able to use 2 body parts (would be breasts and belly) but i still have a few experiments to see if it will be viable.

2. I’m currently sitting down to work a bit on another job for your proxys to do. I’ve gutted like half of what i had prior (an interview scenario to determined starting pay. it just came off really creepy to me). Now you just have a crappy starting pay that you’ll be able to improve by passing certification exams or something (also maybe a little office romance to bump up your pay later on).

3. everything on the list in the OP

I’ve been thinking for a while there’s a lot of room for more fetch-carry type quests, between the magic store, the pet shop, muffin-top cafe, the farm, the new body shop, etc. Other types of resources, new animals to sell to the pet shop, or specific types of sperm, etc. I mean there’s a limit to how long stuff like that is interesting, but the game seems like it’s set in an interesting post-magipocalypse world; I’d like an excuse to go out and explore some more.

I’ve been thinking for a while there’s a lot of room for more fetch-carry type quests, between the magic store, the pet shop, muffin-top cafe, the farm, the new body shop, etc. Other types of resources, new animals to sell to the pet shop, or specific types of sperm, etc. I mean there’s a limit to how long stuff like that is interesting, but the game seems like it’s set in an interesting post-magipocalypse world; I’d like an excuse to go out and explore some more.[/quote]

The problem i would have with adding fetch quests is that the game is already very obtuse to navigate. That being said i’ve started a bit of collection quest things (which don’t amount to much currently).

The office job I’m working on is a simple data entry job: One of the things I’m going to be putting into it is little tidbits about the stuff you’re copying. The company is a huge mega corporation that has been around since before the magiwhateverpocolypse (it’s not my setting), so you’ll be copying old records since before the indecent. One of the things i eventually plan on doing with this is link it up with the dungeon I’m building in the old city. The dungeon will be an old secret research facility for the company and you’ll be able to find hints to be able to look for it from this job.

On another note: I fixed the problem I was having with getting 2 images to line up. So now i should be able to do a profile image with 2 changing body parts. Hooray!

I have good news! I made a ton of progress the past few days. I’ve gotten bellies up to size 200 drawn, colored and implemented in the mod. I even made some progress on the breast images as well but realized they look silly when the proxy doesn’t have a belly (think torpedoes sticking off the chest) I also have decided that i didn’t like the breast coverings that i choose, so I’m going to revisit that as well.

TL;DR: Things are going well. Bellies have been drawn and implemented

Status update. I have finished with the all the work on the new images that I’m willing to put in at the moment. So now the measurement event shows growth in the breasts and belly. The belly images go up to size 200( a measurement in CM out from the stomach…200 CM) and the breast images go up to size 50cm. The breast images at the larger sizes don’t look great but i hope they’re at least passable. I’ll be visiting them in the future when H.Coder elaborates on the image system.

The way I’ve made this happen is just with simple overlapping images. As it stands i have 2 layers to work with (the background image and the character image) So i have the belly image as the background and then i plop the upper torso on top in the character image slot. The 2 nicely composite together to make the new portrait.

I talked to H.Coder about this before i started work on it and he says that in the future he’ll add support for more images at a time. When this happens I’m going to revisit this again to add more vectors of change (Belly, Breasts, Butt, thighs, general bodyfat(represented by like arm fat/anklefat et cetera), hair length, hair color, and more maybe because ).

Anyway. I plan on putting out a release…sometime in the next week(I’m giving a wiiiiide estimate)

I’ve been working on expanding the office environment, and I’m really happy where its going. You’ll be able to work (similar to the other jobs in the game) and improve your rate of pay through various means(passing typing tests and shit). You boss is kind of lecherous with a belly fetish so females will be able to exploit him by putting on weight an coercing him to pay you more. Alternatively males might be able to leverage another (very fat female) manager to intercede with the lecherous manager and get you some raises in exchange for…lets call it companionship?

I also have thoughts about a hypothetical sex system remake in the future. If i do do that I’m going to make separate sex events for when one or more partners has a huge belly. Like a person sized belly. but that’s a ways off.

I’m also tentatively adding more food items, i recently added a type of soda pop which i felt was missing so i added it.

As a small side project I’ve added a lotion that will with repeated use remove most of a proxy’s stretchmarks.

Dear Diary;

Today i worked on the combat overhaul for once. It actually went really well. I have both the cat girls and Tentacle beasts in a fightable state. That means you can hurt them and they can hurt you back. Both of them have more than just a basic attack, they currently have an attack that they have to spend a turn preparing to do. This attack is currently just a flurry of blows for now (3 for the cat girl and 5 for the tentacle beast) which is very potentially deadly for the tentacle beast.

I’m happy with where they are for the moment. I’m going to give them another pass (with more abilities/conditional attacks) but first i want to get the other enemies implemented first.

Enemies on that list are:

1. Boar
  2. Zombie Robot Intern
  3. Slime
  4. Maybe a random thug you can find roaming in the city

I also need to add more player options besides basic attacks. things like:
1.Defensive actions (to defend against the powerful attacks monsters can use): Dodging, blocking, absorbing damage from an attack with your belly.
2.Special offensive actions: a charge up attack that the player can use(like a literal charge) crushing enemies with your huge belly (which will probably take a turn to prepare)

I’m sure everyone is curious when a next release is coming. I’ll tell you that i have no idea but i can tell you what i want to have done for the next release. I want to have at least this stuff:

1. Combat overhaul
  2. First floor of a dungeon in haze city (i have the basic locations for the dungeon stubbed out with no content but I have a really good idea of how I want things to work there)
  3. An office building for a non sexual job. will be used to unlock the dungeon. I already a bunch of content for the office job(about as much as the other jobs in the game)

So that’s where things stand for the next update!

I’ve posted the image I made for the new monster I’m making on my DA: http://dohavocom.deviantart.com/art/Zombie-Robot-Intern-625814737

Behold the Zombie Robot Intern!

dohavocom release plz)))))))

Its not ready yet!

By not ready i mean there is a bunch of very unfinished stuff. I’ve been busy with work, though i plan to get a bunch done in this next week or so

Made more progress on the combat systems tonight. Did some re-balancing on how “to-hit” is calculated. Now it takes into account a defensive stat.

I’ve made it so that both the attack and defense stat are affected by tiredness. so the more tired you are the harder it is to hit something. I plan of having combat tiring for you and your enemy (so you’ll be able to wear you enemies down. ) and I’m going to work on that next.

There is now a stat (skill.combat) that also gets added to your attack accuracy. I’ve added an event in the base and a daily task so you can train it. You can only train it up to 20 for now with those events because it would be the proxy basically training them selves. I plan on adding additional trainers to get that stat higher. That being said its a powerful stat so it will be pretty hard to train and come by.

So in terms of plans for specific enemies. For the tentacle beast, i plan on having them be very powerful/deadly but quick to tire. So if you survive their initial attacks either through luck or your proxy’s skills they should be easier to beat. I might also make them try to run away when they get tired to make them more interesting.

Well that’s where i am at the moment. Hope to make some more progress tomorrow!

I’ve got tiredness implemented in the combat now. So now your attacks tire you out (a base amount reduced by a percent determines by your endurance and combat skill. actually i should probably include proxy size in that somehow…maybe later) and the enemies also get tired out in the same manner. Being tired affects your accuracy and defensive value.

I’ve also implemented part of the inventory system. Specifically I have beverages implemented, so you can reduce your tiredness with a beverage. with the items as they are now it seems that coffee is particularly effective for this. You wont be able to drink or eat anything if your stomach is full. For the most part the amount you can consume in combat will be less than a proxy would be able to consume outside of combat. For me it doesn’t make sense for for a proxy to really stuff themselves while currently engaging in physical activity.

This does pave the way for an interesting element to the future slime type enemies. If the feed themselves to you then you wont have room in your stomachs for restoratives (potions of foods). I think that’s a compelling reason for me to add them (different mechanic than just beating you down).

Right now I’m pretty pleased with how the overhaul is going. Right now fights are going to be very difficult for untrained proxy’s (as it should be). But as a proxy trains they will get easier. they’ll get less tired by combat and they’ll be able to hit enemies more easily.

Right now large proxies will be at a huge disadvantage(and they always will be). After a certain size it will basically guarantee that all the enemies attacks will hit. You wont see a 500 lb proxy dodging any attacks. How ever i intend to add things that make them viable in combat should that be required.

• dropping your belly(and maybe breasts) on an enemy which i plan to not have an accuracy check but have it take a turn to “wind up”
  • blocking with your belly: if you see that an enemy is charging for a heavy attack then you should be able to use your belly as a shield of sorts. While not strictly speaking realistic i feel there is enough fantasy/cartoon precedent that it wouldn’t really be that out of place. It wouldn’t stop damage but it would provide a big percentage buff to damage reduction until your next turn
    -perhaps passive damage reduction for fat proxies?

I’m certainly open to suggestions for other additions to “huge combat”

So next on my immediate to do list is: defensive actions, solid food, potions, belly actions.

Sounds like it’s really coming along; good work :slight_smile:

Just out of curiosity, how does your combat effectiveness increase as you level up your combat skill?
A flat, linear increase?
Exponential? - Even at small powers, it still will grow just too quickly in the long run
Polynomial? - If you don’t want a strictly increasing curve
Logarithmic? - Continues to increase, but at progressively slower and slower rates, approaching a max upper bound
Sigmoid? - Interesting for some applications, the ‘S’ curve grows slowly at the beginning and end, and rapidly in the middle, also with a max upper bound

Personally, I usually find strictly linear progression a little boring, and tends to lead to grinding. Unbounded increases at the top end are always difficult to balance: you’d need new or leveled up enemies to provide a challenge, or else everything becomes too easy over time. Personally, I like the ones that allow for continued growth but with diminishing returns. Sigmoid is fun for natural growth stuff, but can be a little fiddly to fine tune the shape of the progression curve.

I had an idea for a ‘search’ or ‘forage’ skill, when looking for stuff in the forest, beach, farms, or wherever; Make it easier to find stuff and/or increase the amount of stuff when you do find it. I thinking I’d have the bonuses would grow logarithmically, while the skill would increase linearly as you use it.
(possibly have two buttons: one for foraging one for exploring/looking for a fight? - you might find a fight while foraging, but at a lower rate, and you wouldn’t ever stumble into/out of the the zone of the forest you’re in; but if you were exploring/looking for trouble, you might find a fight, or nothing, or one of the other zones, but wouldn’t ever pick something off the ground, or at lease very rarely: trade-offs. Actually, what I’d really like to see is the ability to pick what you want to forage for, or what monster you want to hunt. But since we’re limited to a small set of buttons, that’d be really awkward and excessively limited. Too bad there’s no provision for text input, or a drop down menu or something.)

[Edit][url=http://spiffspacely.com/balancing-equipment-for-math-hating-game-designers] I was just reading about this recently, that’s why it occurred to me to ask. If anyone was wondering.