Next bellymod disscussion(old)

So, Update news again. For those who care i finished the NaNoWriMo challenge and wrote 50k words on a novel in November. The bad news is: I’m not finished with the novel yet. i anticipate another like 20-20 thousand words. that still does leave more room than last month, so i play on working on the mod here and there when i can because i miss working on it.

I’ve figured out that the next time i remake the character images the characters are going to be topless. Or maybe i’ll make them topless after a certain size (after a reasonable bra size probably. Mostly because it will be easier.

But that’s all for now. Thanks for your patience. Hopefully all this writing will help with the speed of the fetish writing in the future

status update time!

I’ve decided I’m going to move away from the combat. as of current the new system is functional and overall better than the previous incarnation(though more complexly coded. sorry lol). As it stands there are now 3 enemy types (I’m not going to port the 2 generic robot enemies because they’re boring and add nothing. I’ll make it so that part and batteries can be obtained in another way). There are cat-girls, Tentacle beasts, and black smile. all of them are more deadly before so you’ll have to do some training of your proxy’s before trying to fight them. Slimes can feed you during your combat, lowering your stats, and filling your stomach, preventing you from using food based consumables during combat. if you lose to them they fill your stomach to ridiculous levels and leave you. This has the effect of slightly increasing the max stretch amount of your proxy’s stomach(which I’m sure some people will like). You can now buy empty bottles and if you have some on you when you beat the slim you can gather a bottle of it(which you can optionally consume. it restores a bunch of HP but also gives you a bunch of stat debuffs that naturally recover over time). this will be used in later updates to the dungeon.

I should also add that i intend to add some negative effects to consuming slime in the future, but for now it just comes with some very minor stat debuffs.

Actually, i might have to add one more enemy type, the wild boar…we will see.

I’ve altered the belly smash attach to just deal a percentage of the enemies max health in damage. The heavier your belly the higher the percentage up to like 40% at the top i think. The attack doesn’t miss, but then again, it takes a turn to prepare.

So now i need to flesh out the dungeon with flavor text and some things to do/find. the slimes already appear in an area. they’re likeliness to attack is tied to your stomach fullness. if you have an empty stomach they’re likely to attack you. but if you’re full they’ll leave you alone.

I also quickly added a skill representing a proxy’s ability to not throw up from overeating. currently its trained by overeating. It subtracts from the chance of throwing up from over eating. Its currently capped, but its caped at a place where even maxed out it will be useful.

Other things i intend to do before release:

• more office related stuff. still playing around with things. I’m not sure how far i want to go with the weight gain part of it yet. I’m trying a few things, so we’ll see.
    -stuff related to combat training. getting a combat training location in your house so you can train. i need to create an npc and location where you learn belly combat skills. I also need (maybe in the same place?) an advanced combat trainer(you can only train yourself so much).
    -I should probably add a few more combat things for the player to do. More blocking, and a couple special attacks (probably unlocked by said trainers above).
    -I want to rework how digestion is calculated, but after a few attempts its been difficult to figure out something that works.

that’s pretty much everything on my to do list currently. I’m still generally short on freetime but it shouldn’t be too much longer for the update

[quote=“Dohavocom, post:102, topic:736”]status update time!

-snip-

that’s pretty much everything on my to do list currently. I’m still generally short on freetime but it shouldn’t be too much longer for the update[/quote]

Dunno if this has been brought to your attention, but speaking of catgirls, catgirl proxies seem to annihilate some systems and cause nulls by consuming anything

[quote=“Gredias, post:103, topic:736”][quote=“Dohavocom, post:102, topic:736”]status update time!

-snip-

that’s pretty much everything on my to do list currently. I’m still generally short on freetime but it shouldn’t be too much longer for the update[/quote]

Dunno if this has been brought to your attention, but speaking of catgirls, catgirl proxies seem to annihilate some systems and cause nulls by consuming anything[/quote]

That’s weird. Are you using my mod with a save from before installation ?

[quote=“Dohavocom, post:104, topic:736”][quote=“Gredias, post:103, topic:736”][quote=“Dohavocom, post:102, topic:736”]status update time!

-snip-

Dunno if this has been brought to your attention, but speaking of catgirls, catgirl proxies seem to annihilate some systems and cause nulls by consuming anything[/quote]

That’s weird. Are you using my mod with a save from before installation ?[/quote]
Nope, installed it before starting the game
Going to try and get some footage of said bug

Oh, after proper testing it would seem that having said catgirl consume enough to cause a noticeable belly is what causes the breakage

The nulls appear when changing proxies afterwards

(Attachment: Footage)

[quote=“Gredias, post:105, topic:736”][quote=“Dohavocom, post:104, topic:736”][quote=“Gredias, post:103, topic:736”][quote=“Dohavocom, post:102, topic:736”]status update time!

-snip-

That’s weird. Are you using my mod with a save from before installation ?[/quote]
Nope, installed it before starting the game
Going to try and get some footage of said bug

Oh, after proper testing it would seem that having said catgirl consume enough to cause a noticeable belly is what causes the breakage

The nulls appear when changing proxies afterwards

(Attachment: Footage)[/quote]

Okay, found the problem. I’ve already fixed the bug for the next release, but i thought i had already fixed it for current one. whats happening is that i forgot to add a couple genes to the catgirl dna sequence. genes related to the changes i made to stomach volume . so basically the game is freaking out because it doesn’t know what to do. i don’t have time to fix it now, but I’ll put out a fix for it after work later today. thanks for reporting it!

I haven’t forgotten about the bug i said I’d patch. I’ve just been busy this week haha

I don’t remember, does this mod support vanilla characters, or do I have to start over from scratch? I have a pile of selectively bred shortstack catgirls and I’m hoping I don’t have to start them over.

I mean you don’t HAVE to start a new game but it might be easiest. there are a couple workarounds that would make it compatible. you can either delete organ\abdomen.organ from the mod before you install it. or if you’re familiar with Dev mode, and you want the stomach volume changes, you can add the relevant genes to the characters(abdomen.base_stomach_volume, abdomen.stomach_volume, and stomach.stretch_rate).

Simply removing the organ\abdomen.organ would be the simplest solution though.