Okui Demo - V.0.01

ok because I be happy be play as different anime like a fox, or a wolf.

Just wanted to reiterate that this demo is an EXTREMELY early build, we had plans on adding more weapons, lots of enemies, and other stuff. Maybe even a tongue whip~ (Don’t quote me on that) But of course, it’s a slow process. We only have one programmer, so it’s expected that it’s gonna take a while.

I love everything about this game it was amazing cant wait to see more

1 Like

looks good wish there was some music

1 Like

eventually
asdfghjk

I will say that so far I love the actual aesthetic and visuals of the game. The backgrounds and level design are interesting to look at there and there was obviously a good amount of thought that went into them, and the character herself looks fantastic. The actual vore part itself obviously is still in early development but I do think when you come around to updating it it should be more satisfying to actually defeat enemies/vore them. All in all for an early developement build this shows a loot of promise and I’m excited to see where this goes : )

3 Likes

So, couple observations:

1. Spamming Z or X prevents the actual attack from coming out until you stop spamming.
  2. The ranged and melee attacks seem equally powerful. Why use melee ever?
2 Likes

Played this a couple of days ago. It’s really good! I can’t wait to see what you guys do next!

I found that the player character blends in with the background a bit and I think you might lose track of yourself when a lot is going on

1 Like
  1. Yup, that’s a known issue (I’ll fix it ofc)

2. I didn’t really care for balancing fighting in the demo, since the slimes are basically just dummies. Meelee does 1 damage (2 hit kill), Shuriken doed 0.5 damage (4 hit kill)
    More balanced system will come with extra enemies, currently I view Demo as a bit of a playground, a testing ground.

1 Like

Another suggestion I’d like to make is the ability to crouch, otherwise it can be hard/impossible to hit small enemies with the ranged attack.

3 Likes

I did make all of the moveset for the crouching animations, but goodlew decided to not implement them in yet

After doing a second playthrough I think it was only perceived. Wishful thinking I suppose.
Although I do think that would make a pretty cool gameplay mechanic, it would make progressing through levels harder as she got fatter. Shallower jumps, slower movement speed, etc. It might mess up your level design though and make certain sections impossible to beat.

we need a way to lose weight

maybe a sort of checkpoint system, like, there can be stations (or various other things, but something like a station)
and they can take away fat in intervals of 10 or something else small for as long as you hold down a button, there can be paths to get to said station things or always have them at a really easy spot (e.g. the bottom floor or up on a platform not hard to get to)

Didn’t we already think up a system?
I’m pretty sure we did

Ngl, I would prefer it if you need to gain weight to beat specific challenges, since bigger is better for me

2 Likes

That would be a great mechanic for a game like this. Maybe she needs to be a certain size to step on a scale to unlock a door or something? It would be good if the opposite is true as well, maybe only certain parts of the map are accessible if she is skinny/light enough to reach them.

2 Likes

Gonna second this. In this context, gaining seems more like a reward than anything else. Losing weight should be optional, and I like the idea of cheat codes that affect your weight; maybe difficulty modes can be relegated to making weight detrimental? Sorta like a LASO run in Halo?

I am sure we never got into an agreement… we never do