OkuSim: A Cute Wife Simulator

Huh, didn’t noticed. Income came fast, and that 20 interval doesn’t really matter once you figure out that the tea pot can be chugged for double energy for the day. So that’s just 2 days to get a boost?

1 Like

Should be 3, since the chores aren’t repeatable, per-day, and I think there’s only eight chores. That said, the boost is +(50x). Subject to change, probably.

Is there something I’m missing, or is the only way to gain weight from pregnancy? I’ve made it to level 7 with no weight gain, but hit max weight after 2 pregnancies

Yeah only level 3 stomachs provide weight gain. You unlock the third stuffing stage at level 8 so you’re literally almost there

Ah, so eating doesn’t cause weight gain outside of stuffing?

Also I forgot to mention, but great game by the way, it has blown my expectations out of the water already.

It does, but only if you’re so stuffed that you’ve literally eaten your body weight in food

And thanks!

1 Like

Cute game looking forward to more development in the future

3 Likes

The second wife in the line up makes me think of Sailor Mars, and I like that.

1 Like

A very interesting concept! I hope that in the future each action has a more striking purpose (cleaning and that I understand is unfinished). I’ll take a close look at it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a great, cute little demo and a amazing concept and art! I can see the potential in it, and I’m real excited to see where you two take it!

could you shrink the person to allow for fatter bodies?

As a lot of other people have said, this is a wonderful demo and has some great potential!

One big thing that’s already been touched on is the cumbersomeness of checking fullness, which I will also restate is very understandable for a demo/prototype. Bearing in mind I don’t have any experience with rpg maker and am only spitballing ideas with no guarantee they’ll work, a suggestion I have for this is looking into mapping fullness, energy, and experience points to the already existing health, nrg/mana, and exp systems rpg maker. If that’s not viable you could probably alter the stats in the stat menu to reflect them properly.

A more minute nitpick I have is some of the scales of the rooms and how empty it makes them feel. The pool outside and the bathroom especially suffer from this, but you have a lot of large, open spaces, which can make the space feel less like a living space. It’s a very easy thing to accidentally do, and I’ve made my fair share of houses like that in the sims. There’s also quite the opportunity here as well in potential house upgrades that you can buy. Money DOES become impossible to completely spend after a certain point, so not only does it give you a way to spend more, it also makes the whole space feel more personalized (a game that does something similar to this extremely well is Hazumi and Pregnation). You still might want to re-adjust the room layouts a touch if you go this route though.

A few smaller things that would be nice include being able to order multiple servings of food from a restaurant at once (an extra popup is a small price to pay for not running back and forth from the door over and over) and an extra message box after you give birth telling you how many kids you had.

One final thing that isn’t qol related but something that always gets me really going personally is stomach gurgling that plays in the background as you stuff yourself fuller and fuller. Using the trigger points you already have in place for fullness, you could probably have 3 different tracks of increasing gurgle intensity playing in the background sound effect audio channel so it’s easily mutable for people who aren’t as into it.

At the end of the day, though, it’s YOUR game, so please feel free to incorporate, change, and ignore my advice/suggestions at your discretion. I look forward to watching this game develop!

6 Likes

I actually played Hazumi pretty recently! Though it was very recent, I didn’t have it in mind while working on this game. Anything beyond a demo will definitely keep in mind the idea of adding furniture and more content to the house. I did like grinding to make stuff much more full in Fertile Valley (the main inspo for this game)

And yeah I’d love to add stomach gurgles too. Some of the more tedious elements were mostly due to my friend not knowing how to do certain stuff. We’re definitely considering doing more with the world building. Thanks for the critique!

4 Likes

This game demo was fun, my only gripe was that there was no art to stack pregnancy and stuffing to make her larger :joy: then again you did have an image size limit.

The was a funny demo with a good idea and the art is not that bad but I feel like that a scale in the restroom would better for checking your fullness and level because you are to go to the menu and the look for your watch to check it.

1 Like

There are no current plans to release an Android build of the game, on my end. Mostly because I can’t test it like I can PC. I imagine there’s some sort of emulator for PC builds of RPG Maker games somewhere, but I make no promises.

I like the concept and the art is cute.

Since you’re taking suggestions, I’m going to suggest some pacing changes. (note that I played without vore and pregnancy, don’t know how they change the experience).

The food:
Reaching high levels means a lot of button mashing to fill up the character. The game could use some more “nourishing” food. Maybe you could add it as an upgrade you pay for. That way the allowance would have somewhere to go.
Also the only real purpose, I found for the take-out, was buying a pizza if I wanted to add a little extra experience at the end of the day. The leftovers were pretty much on the same level exp/stuffing wise as the takeout and it was free. It might be nice to add an incentive to use take out gamewise, to ensure that players don’t miss it if you place special events in take out events and to ensure that the money mechanic is actually useful.
examples of incentives; 1) give kitchen food the hard limit of never going over the capacity, but allow take-out to go over if taken when not over capacity 2) Coffee or soda as part of the takeout for extra energy (reduce the energy given from tea in living room) 3) Changes in dialogue from time to time.4) You could add achivements/events/rewards related to the restaurants. “Eat 10 pizzas in a day and receive a Mario hat that can be added to the sprite or a pinup or something.”

Money:
I never thought I’d say this, but I have too much money. It sort of takes away the game aspect of the game. I don’t know what you have planned for the future, so maybe it will balance out when everything is done, but the fact that the character can go right back to bed and earn more than a thousand dollars seems broken.

The beginnings:
It takes a lot of time for anything to happen with regards to WG. And then BOOM two weight classes in two days. Maybe the earlier weight class should be made available a bit earlier. It will make the beginning of the game less grindy and give more time for any future content to happen in between stages, instead of having to forcefully reduce weight class to experience missed events. (To be honest I would have stopped playing before getting the first weight class if I hadn’t read this thread)

Other than that I liked the game, I experienced no bugs, and I appreciated that you gave the players the possibility of toggling off various fetishes. I hope my post didn’t come off as off-putting, I know that it’s just a demo and that some of the suggestions will overlap with what you have in mind already, but I just figured that it’s easier for the programmer to think about these things now than to try and change them later in the process.

Can’t wait to see where this is going.

9 Likes

One small note to your feedback is that takeout does serve the purpose of giving you people to vore (rip the delivery girls lol). Your other suggestions regarding the takeout still stand though, and it would be good to have other uses for it for non-vore players (vore doesn’t do anything for me personally, but I had both it and pregnancy on out of curiosity).

1 Like

Just wanted to say, really love what you’ve done so far. The little references and bits added for charm sold me on this. Getting hit with a wave of nostalgia completely out of nowhere playing the moon and diamond type music, or playing Chop Suey! in the background on my PC, and interacting with the table in time with the lyrics was simple fun, very charming stuff. Excited to see where you go with this.

1 Like

This is a cute little game. If I could give a bit of advice, I’d say that working on the UI to show important stats and fleshing out the core gameplay cycle should probably be your priorities for the moment. Right now what we have is competent (which is all that you need for a first draft demo), but could use a little polish before expanding the game.

Also, I was curious about whether you want to keep us in the house, or if you plan to add outside content later on?