OkuSim: A Cute Wife Simulator

My initial vision was the house which is what I personally focused on and my friends wanted to flesh out the outside more so. Now that basically my vision is complete, we’ll try developing more

I’ll consider adding more stages too but that requires drawing it out so depending on how focused I am on other stuff I’ll try to shoot for a V.1 being somewhere in May. That was the initial release date I had in mind for this demo before we sped up development by the end

4 Likes

Solid demo. I think it needs more interactions in general though.
More food to stuff herself with that you can find around the house something like a candy stash or cupcakes/doughnuts/bread in the pantry, larger quantities of food either in the fridge or through deliveries to help with the grind in the later stages of the game. Late game grind is a bit too exponential for my taste, maybe consider adding an “appetite enhancement drug” that temporarily increases the stomach capacity, but make it cost a lot to offset it. Could even add a one time use item in the house that allows her to empty the stomach a bit by burping (something like seltzer water in the fridge) or belly rubbing (could add it as an action on the menu or in the mirror) or something. Would probably have to be a one use a day thing to prevent it being spammed. Another possible way to achieve this would be to just have the stomach capacity lower itself over time, maybe a certain percentage each action?
Also would be fun to have her interact with certain objects differently or have different dialogs after actions with different stages of stuffings/preg/WG. More dialog about changes in general would really add some flavor to the game, could even add something about their increasing appetite on leveling up.
x2 on the belly gurgles and would love to hear some hiccups or burps if possible.

1 Like

I agree with most of what the other people are saying. I would also try to make each of the housewives more unique (eg. Personality, Dialogue, Body Shape, Tall/Short). This would give more replayability and allow you guys to satisfy more people by appealing more to certain audiences with certain housewives.

I see you’re almost doing this with the images already, but just…well, more.

1 Like

Adding to fedinno1’s point, with five distinct characters to play as, it would be good to see different reasons and motivations for gaining - the “why” hasn’t been established so much. The player makes the character eat as it is simply something to do, but there should be more that drives a character to want to indulge.

Are they simply greedy and hungry all the time? Are they bored and seeking fulfilment? Maybe one is in denial about it, while another embraces being a gainer and becoming a fat housewife.

On the whole, a promising start and a nice showcasing of a talented artist!

While pregnancy is a side content, maybe number of children possible to conceive and belly size should be limited to wife’s max capacity?

Interesting idea. Though pregnancy in general doesn’t really have a tie to how much you eat so I think as it is it’s fine. I was considering separating regular/hyper but we ended up streamlining to just unlocking Hyper after you have your first kid. I want more pregnancy mechanics in general, but I’d have to jot notes down for what to change and how to handle it

Also last couple posts are about differentiating the wives and I’m not interested in that tbh. I want a general, streamlined sense that all of them are up to interpretation and are consistent with one-another so nobody feels really “left out” by something they’re not into. In the future I might do additional belly types or more wife designs depending on what we work on but the model sheet isn’t changing. For the possibility of more overlapping content it’s better that there isn’t drastic differences

6 Likes

I love this game, it’s good, simple and quick, even though I love fetish games that can last for hours games like this also make for a good short time and I appreciate that a lot, great job and I’m excited to see if this project grows or if there are other projects baking

I really love this game! I love the game and the artwork so much I reached level 8 with all the wives just to see all the art the game had to offer, all the wives are so full of personality and I love all the different expressions they make! , I have some small suggestions.

The wives need different dialogue, some of the dialogue just doesn’t fit with the expressions some of the wives make, and I really love how expressive they are, is just that the dialogue feels weird with some of them.

Maybe a way to order more than one of the same food at the same time? It was a little tedious to order so many pizzas and having to walk to the door everytime I got a new one, maybe it was just tedious because of how many times I did it with all my savefiles lol.

And the only bug I have to report is that even if you eat more than one person, the computer always shows that you have eaten only one.

One idea I have for the game is that during pregnancy the wife has cravings for certain types of food, and if you eat that food you get a little of extra XP just to have a little something to do during pregnancy.

But thats all! I really love the game and your art! and I’m really excited for the next update!

1 Like

Appreciate the effort. Level 8 isn’t hard, but pretty satisfying. Once more, my friends want to do different writing for the wives so at this rate with how many people seem to want it it’ll definitely be in the next update. Promise if that happens the UI will also be added as well

Cravings was genuinely something I wanted but I guess the focus ended up being a bit too general to implement it. I do wanna make all food finite things you can get your hands on eventually. For a demo I guess the infinite fridge works but certainly the stuffing mechanics need balancing. Math…

4 Likes

Also I forgot to mention, I really appreciate the Level 11 almost infinite stats, pretty fun to have it, its kinda like a gallery mode and stuff like that is really good to have in a game with really cute artwork.

My last idea would be to maybe add small dialogues of the Delivery girls reacting to the wife’s big belly.

As I said I’m really excited for the next update and the future of this game, I will see if I can find any other bugs to report.

2 Likes

DQ music for the intro. Nice.

If needed, you can add different dialogue as an option rather than tie it to a specific design.

2 Likes

I definitely like what’s there and want a lot more. I know you’ve already accomplished your vision, but you really have something fun and with lots of potential here. I’d love to see how far you can take it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good Miuning! Been a bit? So a few days ago my friend did some more programming, I did some more testing and we’ve updated+streamlined a few of the things for this update. It’s not a game announcement yet, it’s entirely QoL content but I do think that it’s worth checking out! This will be the only demo update. From here on we’ll be working on fleshing out a game and soon we’ll start working on more content. Hope to see you sooon!

9 Likes

The new UI is fantastic! One bug I have encountered though, if you have pregnancy enabled and go to the bedside table to try for a baby, and you either can’t because of your fullness/current pregnancy or back out, your current exp is replaced by your current fullness then your fullness is reset to 0. It’s not a big deal if you know to look out for it, but I though you might want to know it’s there. Still loving this game and eagerly awaiting everything to come!

1 Like

Agreed about how nice the UI is, having the status out in the open rather than needing to go into the inventory is much nicer. And encountering the same bug with the fullness and experience as well.

Edit: Looks like the bug also affects when the character can try for a baby, but doesn’t have a successful seeding (had a fullness of 0 and experience of 107/250 before the attempt, had experience of 0/250 the next day after the failure). Not sure if it also applies to a successful try, will test and edit when done.

Edit 2: Same thing with a successful attempt as well. So it sees to be related to trying for a pregnancy no matter if you can or can’t, and whether or not it is successful.

2 Likes

Looks like I need to dig through the code for that one. Setting the experience back to zero… Hopefully it’s a simple fix, like it sounds.

1 Like

I should’ve mentioned this along with my initial post about the update, but the tweaks to when the belly sizes and increased weight stages appear are subtle but incredibly good! Earlier access to belly stage one provides an earlier reward for persistence, and having earlier access to weight stage two removes the earlier issue of the weight stages being too close together.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I figured. The balance tweaking was something I had in mind immediately after release. For certain I do want to expand upon that when adding new stages and the like in the future

If possible I do wanna try and explore blimp-tier sizes eventually but that’ll have to be the last thing we work on for a proper substance update

2 Likes

Do you get something for eating more people? or is it just the same as before after you reach level 8?

Also, is there any different content depending on the starting waifu you choose?