Olive And The Ruby Bra

I gave it a solid try but I give up what’s the code to the door I know 9_7 is the clue but I tried every combination with the context in the book ie. using 80 and dividing by 80, using 5/9 but I got nothing. just tell me

1 Like

You’re supposed to divide 9 by 7, how could you not get that?

3 Likes

I’m doing the quest with shifty, I talked to him, he shouts about having our girl and this happened

The bandit next to the bartender i’m assuming is meant to corner olive, but because he doesn’t I get completely soft locked. Am i missing something?

4 Likes

Not missing anything, thanks for bringing that up! It seems i fucked up the movement with the one particular bandit directly behind Olive, preventing her from moving backward. That ol’ eager beaver as been set into the ground and replaced

i updated the game to solve this issue : )

1 Like

Hi just wanted to say that I have no clue how to find the code for the door in the “goblins part”, it’s either I’m stupid or the code is very hard to find. Could anyone help me?

1 Like
Spoiler

The book is telling you to divide 9 by 7. In case the hint is not enough, the answer is here: 1285 .

3 Likes

Hey, guys. Do you know how to escape from the bandit den? So far, the only escape route I could see leads to a game over.

2 Likes

Assuming you’re talking about the clone bandit dudes you have to be pretty much holding run and the right arrow (or turn on auto run) when going through the dialogue. After that its easy.

I thought the bad end was what is supposed to happen until the bad end screen came up!

3 Likes

FINALLY thank you i was wondering what to do on that

1 Like

ALRIGHT idk if you remember me from the oldest builds of this game, but happy to jump back in and try out the new version ASAP. Knowing the stupid things I think of, I’ll see you in a couple hours when I get stuck in a wall lmao.

1 Like
Summary

OK, maybe I’m just blind, but I have no idea how to get to the Big Tree in the forest. I’ve been running around the place for a while, and haven’t found anything. Any hints would be welcome.

Edit. OK, I actually found it by accident by just running into the “door.” Might want to put something more there as a hint, like flowerpots or something else green.

Also, a few spots where you need something to proceed. I kinda just want to know if they’re accessible at all, since I’ve been searching the game for the necessary items, but haven’t found anything yet:

1. The temple thing right by “Horse girl.” I remember it was there the previous update, but was the key actually added now?
  2. The “Lamp Hole”. Is the thing I need to break in already in the game?
  3. The bandit that’s surrounded by fences. He mentions that everyone died, but other than that, is there a way to actually get past him now?
4 Likes

Is there something with the big tree? I may have missed that (Just followed the quest log for the game so far)

1 Like

The Potion Seller has 2 side quests.

2 Likes

Thank you! I do wish there was some sort of changelog though to help people know what there is to do(Besides the quest log), cause w/o this comment i would have believed i had done all i can. (Hell, i may not have even fully experienced the game, idk, since there is no changelog to check list) Not admonishing the dev for this tho, this is a common problem on the site, other than that, the game is pretty good!

2 Likes

there is no changelog because i keep no log of what i change and im stupid. Im gonna do that from now on, thats a good idea

3 Likes

So I’m gonna change the door code puzzle to something more simple, and also more fitting because I don’t want people to feel like idiots anymore.

I’ve also remembered a few things I’ve changed, including:

'Patch Notes'

Dragon breath potion now is level and luck based to always be useful. However it costs more because it can one hit a certain miniboss.

Potion seller quest 2, find her in Catharsis after unlocking the Slime Stimulant to find out more.

The horse girl not only accepts a horse, but if you complete a certain quest, you may be able to feed her something she’d appreciate more.

…all of which is available now. Not the puzzle replacement yet, I mean the stuff I just put above.

3 Likes

you know…maybe what could help with the issue of having to replay the entire game all over again every update would be if you could make save files that are around the point of the latest update kinda what Apostles does that has all the previous stuff completed for people who have already played through the game before.

3 Likes

Doing those save files is a good idea, other thing that could be done is some kind of weapon or item that instantly kills anything to make things faster

1 Like

The save file sharing thing might work, but at this point it’ll be extremely difficult, what with the side content that changes the main content. I could just play through the game five times and make five different save points each for a different stage with things that have or havent been done, but i dont know how sorted it’ll be given I cant rename the save files to correlate with what theyve accomplished.

The kill item idea is a good one, and while there is already a kill item in the game for the debug area i made for myself, id rather keep it under my own control, given if i decide to remove it in later updates, i know for a fact some people would wanna keep the save file with it and would break the #1 rule. But, if thats what yall want, ill keep it in a chest in Olive’s tent so yall could at least have a choice whether you wanna buzz through everything easy peasy.

The overarching problem with how i wanna handle the time skipping feature (which im still working on) is what paths people take. Im not gonna make it a ‘click on the thing, youre now there’ its a whole intricate process. Its not gonna be as simple as WOG, since thats a more linear map type game, you dont exactly go back to previous maps to collect back chests you missed after a time skip. If theres a time skip in OATRB, then id probably have Olive start with her default equipment so no duplicates of items are made. Then thered be the slog of going back and getting the previous items cuz the games gonna be hard without em.

Just gimme time to find a way to skip it in a reasonable fashion, aye? I know this is my first game and it doesnt have to be perfect, but we’re a year or so into this already and i dont wanna get used to that mindset. I appreciate the help but theres a lot to this. Though i will add the kill item cuz yall asked for it

2 Likes

Since there are and will be many possible paths to choose it will be possible to miss more sidequests like the baker asistant one? Or something like in the witcher 3 that some actions or some events in other sidequests affect directly the main story/ending and vice versa?

1 Like