Open spreadsheet for tracking Starbound mods

Can you send me a picture of the startup error?

There’s no startup error. The Chucklefish splash screen appears normally, but the game crashes to desktop just before it finishes.

There is a foldier in the Starbound folder called “storage”. In it there should be a text document titled “starbound” that should contain a log of what the game was doing. Search through it and let me know what errors it is telling you

When I try to add the Fatty’s Dungeon it crashes my game, is there a way to solve this? (If this question does not belong in this thread pls tell me)
Edit: Never mind, just read above the comments something addressing the same thing I just mentioned

Make sure that the Avali mod is in a folder of its own. So it would be in a folder named “Avali” (for example) within the mods folder

1 Like

Unzipping the Avali Triage mod didn’t create a dedicated Avali mod folder. Is it safe for me to manually create a folder named “Avali” and unzip the mod files there, or should I get it from a different Avali mod? Furthermore, if I want to use the humanoid Avali, should I just drop those files into the Avali folder, too?

No you do not drop the humanoid Avali into the same folder. Also with the Unzipping, what exactly do you mean that it didn’t create a dedicated Avali mod folder.

The contents of the zip file consist of all the files and folders that would presumably be in the Avali folder, but not the folder itself. The screenshot below shows the contents of the zip file when I first open it.

In that case yes make a file titled “Avali” and put all the stuff in. Not 100% sure if it will work but it’s worth a try.

The spreadsheet is messed up at the bottom. “Big Foods” has the “Fat Erchius Horror Victims” forum thread, and FEHV doesn’t have any forum link.

I guess somebody mixed them up by mistake. It’s an open spreadsheet, so you can fix these mistakes or add new rows if you like. I’ll fix it for you now, though.

I created an Avali folder and put the mods in there, then put Jolis’ Fatty Dungeons into the base mods folder. My game runs properly now, and I even managed to spawn in the Lard Minigun added to the “Modded” items list. Unfortunately, while looking at the character creation screen out of curiosity, the game crashed twice on me. Here’s the link to my log file, in case it helps.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/156yVbKwwKttH0vZ172HbrzaLbqk6LTcG/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

I might know what the issue is. If you’re scrolling over a seemingly blank race slot then the game immediately crashes, that’s because a while back Dispatch made a race as a part of Big Fatties so that they could try getting the fat novakid bodies to glow like regular novakids. Unfortunately they didn’t entirely get rid of it so if you were to scroll over the race slot where the fattynovakid was, it causes the game to crash. I believe there’s a version made a while back that removed it but you could always just fetch the Work In Progress version on Dispatch’s BF Discord that fixes that and few other issues in addition to adding tons of new items

1 Like

could you link the avali folder for dungeons mod

hello! here to report that i looked into avalifattestfacility on the joli’s dungeon mod and found some interesting results (and im posting my findings here since i didnt see anyone try to look into it besides ‘it might be missing some mods’) my findings are as follows:

first off, you can use the /warp command to teleport to where the entrance should be. it sends the player to the entrance of the ‘dungeon’, which looks like it’s tied to some sort of incomplete mission… but this is literally all there is here. the rest is just Plain Panel blocks for what seems to be miles. as for where you might pick up the mission, i’m not sure. but it might be hiding around in the pak files.

here’s what the dungeon looks like ingame

second, when it does spawn, it spits out this error in the log:

Failed to place dungeon object: airlockdoor direction: 1 position [position here]

i did some digging and found out that the airlockdoor is actually just the right height for the hallway in the last image. i spawned the item that it tried to spawn and replaced the old door with the new one. not sure if this is causing the whole thing to not load or something… but it could.

third, when the player steps forward a little bit, the game spits out some key dialogue (which is also why i think it’s part of an incomplete mission).

here’s the special dialogue

not sure if that specific dialogue has been in starbound vanilla, but interesting nonetheless. also, when you try to open the door nothing happens. it just kind of, opens and you walk into a wall. i’m thinking this is meant for the challenge doors due to the fact that the teleporter in the middle exists and you can still use it to return to your ship.

finally, when you use the teleporter this is what it says. maybe it’s a mission-specific teleporter or something. it tells you that you can ‘Leave this world behind’.

anyway, i’m hoping a new version of the dungeons mod releases some day and we finally get to see what’s on the other side.

also no i’m not a coder or anything i just know how to look at log files.

that’s all for now. hope this helps in solving the mystery of the avalifattestfacility.

1 Like

addendum:

i can confirm that the dialogue here is unique to the mod. i can also confirm that any Perfectly Generic Items that may be spawning are the result of missing items in the loot pool. these items are as follows:

“fattyTreasure”, “superFatteningTreasure”, “superbfbostondonut”, “bloatingcure”, and “fatteningWeaponTreasure”,

i am not sure if these are in bf already but they aren’t in the items folder.

p.s., i found a cool item in the items folder that might also be exclusive to the item. the item is a dual telepod launcher. left click to fire and right click to teleport to the projectile. it doesn’t have a recipe.

item id so you can spawn it:

dualtelepodlauncher

it is the only unique item in the items folder, so that’s cool.

I’m curious as to what the dungeon will be, though I wish I could make my own (I can build pretty well, I just have no idea how to make the dungeon generation, segments, and dialogue work)

i’m no scripter, but that sounds cool.

also, i found 2 more dungeons sitting around in the data. they don’t seem to like it when i try and spawn them, but here they are according to the metadata

“avaliFatteningBase1_old”, “avaliFatLab1”

they seem slightly more complete than the avalifattestfacility judging by the contents of their folders, but there isn’t much else there besides references to an “avaliFatteningAnchor1”, “avaliFatteninga1.json” and “avaliFatteninga2.json”. looks like the anchor exists but avaliFatteninga1 does not. both of these are practically the same though; they might just be built differently.

if anyone can find out how to spawn them, i’d be interested in finding out what these are.

They’re incomplete. Only the Apex and Crawler dungeons function so far.

What’s the ID for them so people can warp to 'em?