OverGlow [Early Demo] - Make the ghost fat

In OverGlow you gotta help a cute candle ghost rekindle her dimming flame, her lack of arms make it difficult for her to feed herself.
So in comes you, ready to direct the fuel into her mouth.

This build is still from a very early development stage, about 1/3rd of the total features are present currently and are all subject to change.

Share with me any and all feedback you may have, but first and foremost: please enjoy the demo!

Can’t upload images because of new user restrictions, hopefully i can edit this post down the line.

47 Likes

I’m guessing cutting more lumber is one of the features that needs to be added.
Cute start.

1 Like

Maaaate
This thing looks pretty flipping good already.
Can’t wait to see more stuff here later.
But I mean, as a prototype, your game is quite promising.
So ye, good luck with your project

1 Like

Honestly it’s super cute, simple, and I really like the fact that it’s got that whole “rhythm game hype” that makes me want to go faster and harder. Just wish I could get more wood to help out this ADORABLE ghost/fire girl more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is super cute. Hope to see more.

1 Like

Really fun to play! will this be the only character, or will there be more ghosts to feed down the line? or maybe different types of wood that do different things?

1 Like

It’s likely she’s gonna remain the only feed-able character, that’s the current idea at least.

And different types of wood that do different things is something i could look into and would even fit with the minigame i have in mind for it, but it could also be a different kind of fuel entirely.

Very awesome looking game! Looking forward to the updates, keep it up, bro.

2 Likes

Ok so I’m pressing the button and it’s making noises and the wood counter is going down but nothing is actually happening, there’s nothing shooting out of the cannon and there’s no changes happening to her.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. This needs instructions on what the controls actually are, I was just pressing space because there was nothing actually telling me that you were supposed to press the letter keys.

1 Like

I dont know if this is just something wrong with my game or an actual bug but when the “press” thing turns to 5 it doesnt work I press every 5 key on my keyboard and nothing it doesnt even pulse like it does when you get it wrong
Edit: nevermind its an s that just looks like a 5
Edit 2: I would just like to add that beside that confusing bit it is a great start

2 Likes

The Design is cute and it a good idea but it needs some more things.

1 Like

Would it be possible to add different ‘consumables’ that affect growth in different ways?
Just an idea.

1 Like

I wish I could play it but I’m on Mac. Any way you can make this playable in browser?

1 Like

I haven’t looked into browser stuff as much due to deadlines, but when i tried to i couldn’t build it due to the game being in Lineair colour space.

As for a Mac version i have no idea, i don’t have a Mac so i can’t test for it. I also have 0 experience making games for Mac so i can’t quite say if i’ll get around to it sometime soon. I’ll look into it though.

Hmm. Shame I still wish the best for this game!

1 Like

Oh man, I love this. Cute and creative theme and the ghost girl is adorable. Can’t wait to see this develop over time!

3 Likes

Is it me or is this animated really well??

3 Likes

That is something that amazed me in the first place when I tried out this game. Its creator did a fantastic job with the animation!

4 Likes

wonder if they are still working on this

1 Like

It’s only been a month, and the Itch page says it was updated 11 days ago.

2 Likes