Overstuffed Overtime (Lachevite's Submission)

I love this a lot. Excellent character design, fun gameplay (bit of a learning curve lol) and nice, nice gain stages. Well done!

Gave this a shot, and it’s fun, if a bit tricky. I especially dig the tutorial, feels very WarioWare-ish.

1 Like

I finally got the chance to play this and I can say it is really well done! Once I got the hang of it I was able to get all the endings in quick succsession (except for the green, that took longer; CURSE YOU RNG!! lol) To get me through I mostly focused on keeping the machine cool, the purple goop is pretty darn filling after all! The artwork was great, especially when the intern gets to bigger sizes she looks awesome! The burping sounds were a nice touch :smiley:

There is just one tiny little oversight! In the belly poking tutorial the player says: Press “Left” and I will come and help you, it should say press “Right” to go to her and “Left to return to the machine” — I literally didn’t find anything else wrong so congrats on making something super solid! Good luck in the competition!

I really enjoyed this game! It can get pretty tough, but the art style, progression, and endings are totally worth it.
If this project were to be continued, I think it would be cool to have some more unlockables or base features. New interns, different factories (places with some new food or new mechanics), and different/bigger endings (increasing the cap of the character to 100 and having an even bigger ending for each food, but if they fail (don’t make it to 100) but still make it past 50, the 50 ending still plays. Also different combinations (for example if someone stuffed 15 ice cream and 15 hot dogs) could produce their own endings). This would make the game wayyyyy more replayable.
Either way, I really enjoy this game and hope it does well! (Also, like Mobs, it reminds me of WarioWare)

3 Likes

I second this, VERY much!

1 Like

Agreed! I would love to see these two awesome characters again and then some! You’ve done excellent work, Lachevite!

Grotlover2 Score

Category Total
Basics: 20000
Art: 330
Writing: 260
Concept/Design 1400
Msc: 180
Total: 22170

Comments:

A very simple concept that was quite fun and challenging. The difficulty curve may be a bit too steep (especially for the slime ending) but for the most part kept a good balance. The concept and idea are quite fun with a disgruntled employee on an assembly line just wanting to take her frustrations out. The tutorial is quite nice too helping the player figure out what is going on, but it would be nice to skip it as it is a bit too long.

Kilif Score

Category Total
Art: 325
Writing: 310
Concept/Design 1420
Msc: 185
Total: 22240

Comments:

This was a great combination of difficutly and reward (also thank god for free play, it makes it so much easier to judge these games). The game loop itself is extremely challenging, but I felt like it struck a good balance between hard and fair. The mutliple ends were great too, and I like how you had to balance how much of each thing the character ate to get them, including giving a purpose to the mistakes the player made. Good work on the art assets, the writing was amusing, really don’t have much to complain about.

Juxtaterrestrial Score

Category Total
Art: 351
Writing: 261
Concept/Design 1331
Msc: 170
Total: 22113

Comments:

If only we could get away with this kind of revenge in real life. This was a great little simple project. Despite it’s simple controls and premise, it’s actually quite challenging. The great art aesthetic and endings made it a rewarding game to play. The art was great and really conspired with the mood of the game well. I think any further improvements I would suggest would be for just more content. different interns to fatten, maybe more foods optional foods with different effects? Maybe a sequel? As is, the game feels very complete. keep up the good work!

Total points: 66523

1 Like