PAKUBYTE: a weight gain game for your gameboy!

I think you have to put the rom on a blank gameboy cartridge

This is so cute! The art is really charming. Good luck and Godspeed.

GBA Emulator is very common in taiwan, I have copy, here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PZn63eFtH1uiO4Zi8WeS44ktknA6gK5K

You won’t necessarily need a gameboy or a blank cartridge to play this!! You’ll also be able to play this on a computer or on an android phone by using an emulator!!
No worries about having to buy flashcarts or empty cartidges!! When I’ll release the game I’ll also link you guys to places where you can find emulators <3

4 Likes

planning on playing this on my hacked wii lol

This! And having an emulator isn’t even illegal! (Though having ROM files of retail games technically is - even if you actually own a physical copy, unless you ripped it yourself, the old ‘if you own the game already it’s legal to download this’ line is just something people came up with to feel justified, do note that I’m only stating this as a technicality though, I’m very much not against emulation in the slightest)

well you gotta understand why people use emulators, it’s because there’s very few of the actual system still out in the market, I even got an emulator so I could play a Final Fantasy game that I didn’t have the system for

1 Like

I do it for romhacks. There’s some really impressive stuff out there.
That and games you absolutely cannot find at a reasonable price anywhere anymore.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that since original gameboys used ink (or so I’ve read), it’s almost impossible to find a working one anymore.

I’ve gotta ask, will there be music? I don’t know, I feel like it’d feel a little lonely playing without anything to listen to. Really like what it looks like so far, was a little surprised when an actual Gameboy game was being developed in this community

2 Likes

Maybe! I’ll probably see if I can make some decent music when I’m done with the game.
I’ll show some new stuff as soon as I have stuff that’s worthwhile enough to show!!

1 Like

I see what you did there lmao

Hey @Mousse, what language and compiler are you using? Straight up Assembly or some other language that gets translated into machine code?

just using gbstudio, haha. nothing too complicated, but i’m doing my best to work around the limitations to do what I want!

1 Like

Anyways hehe here’s a little thingy… i don’t wanna spoil too many of the other stages though otherwise where’s the fun in playing the game?

cooki

At this point all that’s left is mostly just asset creation and dialogue writing, i finished writing a cute little story that I hope you all will enjoy :green_heart::green_heart: i dunno when it’ll be done though so hold tight!!

if you have any questions i’ll gladly answer them!!! and head over to my twitter if you want… i’ll try to post stuff on there as well!!!

15 Likes

She is really cute, when could we try this lil’ game of yours ?
Anyway I totally support you on this game !

1 Like

From the sounds of things, it seems like the plan is just to release it when it’s done. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Looks good so far. Keep up the good work, Mousse.

I thought Mousse stopped working on it. Was i wrong?

She’s still working on it.
At the moment she’s really busy with life so don’t expect an update anytime soon.

Oh ok, my bad. Keep up the good work then!