Paladin Princess - An Inflation/WG focused RPG - Patreon Launch Announcement

Game is good but I’d say fairy unbalanced, without luck forest area will kick your ass even if you are level 12 while technically you should be able to do it on lvl 7 if you are speedrunner type of player. My suggestion is - increase bonus to stats per level by 2 points instead of 1. Add more exp for enemies - adventurer you have to beat and can also spar early is stronger than first version of rat (even 2) which is stronger than first version of bat. So I’d say bats still grants 50 exp, Rats 60 and begining adventurers 130. Another suggestion is - perhaps increase potency of healing - because heal is easily being outdone later in game.I’d say on lvl 7 you should be at least able to restore (without magic crit) 200 - 250 hp so you could try tank poisonous hornet to atack with panick. Also instead special ability I’d just give hornets 10%-20% passive chance to poison, it may be my unluck but regardless of formula they keep spamming it, and lets be honest - without crit … even character level 10 dies to it if it got first turn poisoned (to single hornet - unless character crits on enemy) - not to mention there are bigger encounters there. (OFC I am not sure if maybe I missed something, perhaps somewhere early there is sword with 5 more atack etc. IDK)

Having trouble with the rat man
How do I find him?

Game balance is something that will change with each update. The upcoming free version will include an area with enemies weaker than those in the forest and stronger than those found elsewhere. There will also be a couple more opportunities to gain XP and level up.
In the version to follow, there will be an entire new area with enemies around the same level and more quests to complete for greater XP rewards. When Chapter 2 is finally finished, I will go back and tweak enemy stats to help better the flow of progression.
As for Elaine’s healing skill, that has seen an overhaul and will be much more viable in the next public release. There are a few hidden items to help give you an edge in combat (one of which negates poison entirely), so seeking them out would help greatly. Again, I want to see how everything gels together after Chapter 2 is complete and its critical path is finished.

1 Like