Pandemic: The Game

Greetings.
Today, I have started an ambitious project: a full scale RPG maker game.
Even though the Idea is still a WIP, I think it’d go like:

“The world is being infected by a disease, a disease called Gluttony. Every single woman has fell to it and it continues to expand.
You’re the last hope to stop this disease from continuing. Your name is doctor Anika von Neumayer, a world known austrian scientist, who has finally found the cure for the disease, but the journy is just about to start. You’ll need to get several materials to finally develop the cure, and to get those you’ll need to find your way out of the safe zone, and you will find many infected subjects who will try to fatten you up. The only way to stop them is by fattening them up even more, so you can continue with your adventure. What’s the origin of the disease? Why didn’t you get contaminated? Will the cure work? Those are questions I’m afraid you’ll need to find out in-game.”

And that’s about it.
Since it’s the first “big” project I’ve ever started on RPG Maker I’d like to hear your oppinions, suggestions and everything that comes into your mind.

Have a nice day, best regards, DSBx1.

PD: I’m not a native english speaker, so please forgive me if I have commited any mistakes while writing this.

16 Likes

interesting concept, kind of has a survival horror feeling to it, only instead of zombies it’s fatties, I’d recommend fleshing out the story completely, then go from there, you don’t want to come up with an idea and just wing it, the game will seem like a mess if you do it, I like the questions you posed and I’d hope to see this get developed, also welcome to the site

2 Likes

Hmm interesting would love to see that

1 Like

sounds like a fun idea, best of luck dear ^ -^

1 Like

@avakann
Thank you! I will follow your advice, thank you for the feedback and for the welcome!

@TheLatiKing
Thank you for the feedback!

@MakoDebu
Thank you so much, I hope you’ll enjoy it!

hi so i want to suggest an idea @DSBx1 and my i idea is that the character starts out max level like level 99 and the party is full but here’s the catch something appears and then a flashback thing where they play the game in flash back or they get knocked out and they all scatter and the player gets dragged to a encampment and this tells them about if you want stealth or battle

also the concept seems good for a zombie survival horror or just spooks or you can also make it rouge rpg where if you die your character becomes a fatty while the same objective if with
someone else and the knowledge of that areas bad carries over with you

It’s against the rules to ask for an update on a project or declare/ask if something is dead. Just FYI feel free to check the link and faq provided below if needed. Take care.

Summary