Potential Mods?

I know this isn’t a normal “install file for game” type of game so modding is not exactly easy. However in my attempts to decease the monotony of weight grinding for getting my priest upgraded (want to go for the a 1 million weight challenge but remove the grind of getting their stats leveled up to do so before reverting back to vanilla for the challenge), I managed to create cheese zombies that behaved like the buffet trebuchets in that they would fill up the fullest hero, only they could go on forever if not taken out. This got me wondering if it were possible to do full on mods, perhaps ones with full on heroes, levels, enemies, items, etc. I know it is outlandish and likely impossible but I would not consider it entirely out of the realm of possibility. What do you all think?

7 Likes

well if a downloadable version of the game was made then maybe

You could definitely setup a client-side mod by inserting javascript via in the console most browsers have nowadays. It honestly wouldn’t even be that hard.

2 Likes

I have no clue how to do that

i know its a late reply but id like it know how you made the cheese zombie buffet trebuchets

I opened up developer tools (CTRL + SHIFT + i), clicked on the ‘js’ file to open it, scrolled down on the enemy tab until I found the cheese zombies, changed the stat type/attack from weight to fullness, then saved the changes.

i actually tried making a level once

teach me, i am intrested in modding

Well it isn’t quite the same as with normal games since there’s no files to add, but what you can do is access developer mode, tamper with the values you want, then save the changes

Where do I find the stat types?

Do you have a Discord that we can talk on perhaps?

I cannot remember exactly, it’s been months since I’ve done this

Hi, just wondering what values in enemy.js I need to edit in order to give more weight. And more importantly, i’ve never done anything like this, how do i save the edited js file into the developer console.

I’m using edge if that helps.

Thanks!

i dont use edge so idk if its the same for edge like in chrome, but right clicking the js file and save as saves the file in the browser until refresh, as for the weight that may not be adjustable, the one way ik to get more weight from enemies is by changing the zombies to invert their attack so instead of taking weight they give weight

I can’t remember exactly, but you can either invert their weight attack value or give them stuffing damage instead of weight damage

How do you edit the code? I am trying to backspace some of the text but it refuses to work. Do I have to download the enemy file or does it work in the browser?

when you press the save as html you dont need to save it to your files, but it helps because the in browser code resets to its normal after you refresh the page

edit: you have to edit the code from the sources tab

Alright so I am going into the sources tab in the debugger, I go into the JS file, I then go into enemy, and then I try to edit the code but it won’t work. I am in firefox if that matters and it doesn’t save as an html document.

ah i dont use firefox so it might be entirely different there sorry

This is also my First-time coding, so I don’t know how to save files or change weight to fullness so npcs can add fat or change the buffet trebuchets stats can you give me screen shots or tips to help me with this please Thanks