Potential Mods?

So im trying to set the milk dragon to do 999 fullness damage, but its damage type wont change off of what it is already set to, and the changes get undone after a refresh. How do I save the changes to actually change the damage type? Some kind of walkthrough would be nice.

the way you change the attack type for other enemies im assuming is the same thing i did for the cheese zombies, its normal attack is against weight putting it as fullness makes it give you weight instead of taking it

changing the highlighted area with a proper attack type will give it that attack type

Yeah thats how i assumed it worked. Problem is though, I hit control + s but no changes are made. There is however an error that says “changes to this file were not saved to the file system” if that helps.

I have tried this on both firefox and google chrome and it has worked on neither.

it all mustve been changed to where changes even if not saved to the file system wont change for that session then cause i can no longer do it either and at that point your SOL if you wanna change enemies, stats and unlocks are still changeable though

Actually was playing Monster Rancher Ds and being curious if there’s a mod about making visual monsters being fat, because yes, there can fatten up but never visually shows up (also in the status it can have “obese” mark there)

I don’t know if there’s still interest in this, but I managed to find a system that works! It’s pretty complicated as is though so I’m working on setting up some scripts to make it hopefully easier for anyone to do.

With this it’s possible to obtain your own local copy and edit any aspect of the game!

This being the case, is there anything you’d like to see changed? The game is pretty incredible as is. The only thing that comes to mind is various cheats like all unlocks or X free level ups.

Mainly those but stuff like completely new characters or reworked combat could be really interesting to see.

I frankly would develop an entirely different campaign

Overly ambitious I know, since that would require and entire assortment of new assets

Oh? If that’s an offer I say go for it! c;

As far as it goes though, I finally got around to getting the downloader just about as user friendly as it’ll get and writing usage instructions. I’m going to test it a wee bit more then Ill share it here. What you do after that is up to you!

2 Likes

Here you are! Follow the instructions on the page and it should be fine.

If there are any issues let me know! (I suppose also let me know if there aren’t so I know it’s working right)

2 Likes

Sorry to disturb you, but I’ve been trying to download and run the game following the Github instructions, but after trying the process around 3 times, I just can’t get the game to run, and instead I always get an error when I get redirected to localhost:8080 after opening the game through RUN_GAME.bat.
If it help the Eat The Dungeon folder the INSTALL.bat is creating only has bgm, sfx and img folders, and I couldn’t find the programming files.

I’m looking into this, I’ll let you know when I’ve got it worked out!

Ok, I think I’ve figured out the issue. Does the folder that the repo is in (or any of the parents) contain spaces?

Like so:
C:\Users\USER\Desktop\New Folder\EatTheDungeonDownloader
---------------------------------------^

For me, removing the spaces in the folder path fixed the issue. However, you may have to redownload the repo and restart the download. If you’d rather (it’ll be faster) do the following and it should work without having to redownload what you did so far:

1. Rename the folder “EatTheDungeon” to something else. Anything is ok.
  2. Go into install.bat (right click the file, Edit…) and remove the bottom four lines.
  3. Run the script again.
  4. Dump the contents of the old EatTheDungeon folder into the new one.

If that fails you can try just starting over from scratch with a new copy of the repo, though you’ll have to wait for everything to download again :​p

I’ll add a note in the instructions about the bug. Hope this works!

Yes, it didn’t work, literally went and uninstalled everything other than wget.exe. I was wondering if the run_game.bat was supposed to be in the same folder as the dowloaded stuff of eat the dungeon. Also, the things that get downloaded inside the folder that INSTALL.bat creates are still just bgm, sfx and img folders, surely full but there’s still no files for the programming aspect of the game.

I’ll gladly help you troubleshoot, if you’re willing. It may be better in DMs though, since it may take a bit of back and forth to figure it out.

Either way, can you post a screenshot of the folder and and path?
If you already have the folders that you’ve mentioned, getting the rest is really fast, download wise.

I’m having a problem with it too. Did all instructions and getting this page when I run RUN_GAME.bat

No spaces in directory either “C:\Users\quarter1\Downloads\EatTheDungeon”

Interesting. This modified script will help diagnose what the problem is (replace the one in a fresh install of the downloader). It will pause after every step and skip the (long) resource download. Let me know where it gets to before it crashes and if you see any errors.
INSTALL.zip (1.4 KB)