Project Bob (Ravenous' Uncle)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/p_day_end.rpy", line 49, in <module>
NameError: name 'toweightself' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "start_day.rpyc", line 12, in script call
  File "p_day_end.rpyc", line 49, in script
  File "C:\Users\ellis\Desktop\Bob-Alpha1.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\ellis\Desktop\Bob-Alpha1.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\ellis\Desktop\Bob-Alpha1.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/p_day_end.rpy", line 49, in <module>
NameError: name 'toweightself' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.2
Fri Aug 14 02:39:57 2020
1 Like

First off thanks to all the reported errors i have tried to correct them all in the next update.

Second I have noticed all the new users or users who have never posted before, and wanted to thank them all for joining the community and being active members!

I have been aware of this possibility, however i am not sure what i’m going to do with it. I gave players the online store to make sure even if you could not go in store, you had an option to try and get clothes, reducing the number of times you will be forced into a bad end. I’m inclined to leave this in the game as a bad end to be honest for the most part. About 3-5 different sizes of clothing should fit you(albeit not perfectly). If you planed to gain weight or knew your character is gaining weight and did not plan ahead and get some backup clothing, that’s kinda shame on you. Also general note to all, the larger clothing sizes get harder and harder to find may want to start looking to buying clothing in that size well in advanced if you are plan on growing to that size.

Weight loss and gain is very realistic. Approximately 3500 calories is a pound of fat so if your characters bmr is 1400 and you ate 1600 you gained 0.0571428571428571 lbs. So, like in reality a goal of 500 cal excess or deficit is manageable per day, meaning most of the time, unless you are doing an extreme action, weight gain or loss is going to be on the scale of 1lb per week gained or loss.

Your choice does matter! The ai doesn’t chose so much a sanity checks with some rng here. A lot of variables and stats go into the ai’s sainty check. With the rng in place you should be able to some of the time pick options 3 - 4 above what would be “perfect” for your character. Most of the time pick options 1- 2 above. Same with bellow. Now i should note there are definitely cases where you can get locked into 1-2 choices pretty hard. This is from min maxing in certain ways, and unbalancing the character. You guys got yourselves into that mess, and it is possible to get out of it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, no bug here fully functioning as intended! Your gained well past your characters idea of a good weight. So, the ai finally said enough is enough and made the character try and loose weight. Got that yo yo effect happening. Its like a new gainer who gained past a weight they are comfortable with and then lost some weight. Or, one that was unsure to begin with and decided to loose what they gained. You need to better match your characters target weight to the weight you want them to gain to.

There may be a bug there, I will look into it.

1 Like

Ok think i have gotten all the bugs out of 1.2 so i have posted 1.2.1. A note going forward always assume saves are not compatible with previous versions unless i state that they are. 1.2 saves this time will be compatible with 1.2.1

All the links for download have been updated in the first post in the first!

1 Like

What to do in this case.

• Leave it as is, as a dead end.
  • Add bad ending text to this and leave it in the game.
  • Make a triggered event where, a friend has to help bail you out(with a penalty to your character).
  • Change the store in this case to have all clothing sizes.
  • Other(if other let me know what you thinking is)

0 voters

Note to the friend option if you have no friend you will get dumped into a bad end.

3 Likes

After playing this again new, I still have the same issues. For a game that’s called ‘Big Obese BBWs’, and on a weight gaining game board, the AI seems really hard set on making sure you cannot gain any weight, randomly and arbitrarily. As it stands, that is the major flaw of this game - you cannot say to the game ‘Okay, I want to get fat’, the game tells you ‘No, you’re doing this instead’ - It takes player agency away. Depending on how you start the game, you basically set your character up as a time limit to 0 happiness and basically killing themselves, even on the basic ‘average day’ planner set up at the start.

2 Likes

You most defiantly can gain weight. As i stated before, first in my game your character starts, not wanting to be fat, even if a starting character is fat. They don’t want to be fat. In this game you not only have to make your character wanna be fat, you have to make them fat. Unlike a game like Worshipers of the gain, where just about every thing makes you fat and you have to intentioaly be very careful if you don’t want to gain weight this game is the opposite in regards to, it is difficult to make a character fat.

Also my game penalizes you for disregarding your characters wishes, and trying to ignore certain aspects of their life. Its not supposed to be easy, its not designed to give instant gratification. It makes you work for it.

1 Like

I literally let the game play itself the way it wanted me to, and I still died. That’s my problem. The game takes agency away and it still kills me. I want to like this game, but it is actively fighting me in wanting to do that.

These things you’re saying in the chat need to be put upfront in the game, when you’re starting. If I make a character that’s basically fat their whole life, it’s instantly a hard mode right out of the gate, and doesn’t tell me why it’s a harder mode. If my fitness is at the bare minimum, I can’t work out more to lose the weight because the game says ‘nah you don’t want to work out as much actually’, and then I just die.

2 Likes

The ai is not advanced enough nor should be used to play for you, i did not design it for that nor is it capable. I’m not surprised your dieing, lol.

The fitness level in the day planer is like an intensity choice. A obese person may not be able to run 5 miles in one go but they could probably walk .25miles 3 times in a day. My recommendation stop trying to force your character to run five miles and make do with walking .25 miles 3 or 4 times. If your unfit or overweight of course the ai is going to reject most of the more intense exercise options this is common sense. People in real life don’t just suddenly run 5 miles they work up to it first maybe a half mile then a mile then 2 then 4 then 5. The game does not let you just magically do something.

1 Like

Heya! So just wanted to say that I’m really enjoying what’s been shown so far. I’ve made two characters so far, with the second going from 90 lbs to ~290 in 549 days.
I for one enjoy the slow weight progression and the fact that your character has an ideal weight which will change over time, though I agree that, while it’s clearly what you intended for the character to fight strongly against some of your choices, it’s a bit excessive in some cases; a character with maxed or near-max fitness constantly wanting to do olympic-level fitness while getting winded wobbling to the bus station seems a bit odd.

Another thing is that There is no longer a “none” option under classes, meaning that on the first day and any time you have less than 20 cash, whether you intend to go to class or not, you are unable to start the day and must load an earlier file. Presumably, since you have to choose a class to proceed that day, this would also happen were to to complete every class.

In the case of actual bugs, the taxi bug does not seem to be fixed in the new update. I’ve also found another bug where error messages pop every time my character snacks between tasks or goes to a vending machine (which is a lot). Neither of these started to occur until quite late into the game (around day 500 or so).

Speaking of which, if anyone’s having trouble making their char gain weight, try not to have them eat until later in the day so they’ll be hungrier and more likely to snack early on.

On a more positive note, I was surprised and genuinely impressed by the number of different people, the differences in their behaviors and locations and the fact that they all seem to have ideal weights in mind for your character as well. I look forward to seeing what happens with that idea.
I also liked the background choices and how those would affect your character’s starting traits, and being able to choose a body type is always a welcome addition.

Overall, I’m definitely impressed by this game and look forward to seeing where you take it from here once the major bugs are fixed, but while I like it as it is and understand that you intended for it to be this way, I think it could definitely benefit from character agency being toned down a little. C’est de la Tarte had a high difficulty curve at the beginning too, and that didn’t really help to engage most people; a lot seemed to give up or spam the lottery cheat instead.

2 Likes

This is an alpha state, as the sole worker on this i can only work do so many things at once, instructions and hand holding of the player, did not make it high on my list of things to build so far.

Hey man, while I enjoy the slower gain my opinion is that the hyperrealism is kinda way to slow.

Most people that play is here to pull a quick one out, not play an advanced choice maker that requires a lot of IRL hours put in to a game for the payoff.

A slower gain gives a better payoff IMO but at the moment I find it so slow it turns into a repetitive annoyance instead of being a gratifying payoff.

If you want to keep the realism approach maybe include a button in the settings that allows for “hyperspeed” or “unrealistic gain” or something, I think a lot of people would appreciate at least having the option.

3 Likes

I didn’t get a bug in my play with taxi. I will look into it. Is it causing a renpy error, if so can you post the trackback it gives. Any pre 1.2 saves will defiantly cause a taxi bug.

Oops forgot to fix that one. Will shortly re-release an update with a fix for that.

There have been a lot of changes between 1.0 and 1.2.1 in regards to balance of exercise. Although the ai still may pick an intense workout option it may or may not make you actually pick exercise as a day option. What im getting at you pretty much can disregard what its picking trying to make you pick for intensity if its not actually making you exercise. Have you tired just not having exercise as picked day option.

Fixed the no “None” school option so i have posted 1.2.2. 1.2 and 1.2.1 saves should be compatible with 1.2.2

All the links for download have been updated in the first post in the first!

4 Likes

I guess so. I was skipping through a lot of the days tbf.

Didn’t notice you’d changed that, thanks.

Anyway, these are the errors I was getting, initially in 1.2 and the same save with 1.2.1

I’ve two more errors while I try to taste the batter and when I take the dozen donuts box of the boss.

While running game code:
File “game/p_work.rpy”, line 112, in
File “game/pfuncs.rpy”, line 497, in eventsfire
File “game/pfuncs.rpy”, line 463, in eventfire
File “game/eventslist_work_bakery.rpy”, line 12, in bakery_tast_test_batter
NameError: global name ‘addha’ is not defined

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “start_day.rpyc”, line 12, in script call
File “p_work.rpyc”, line 112, in script
File “Bob-Alpha1.2.2-pc\renpy\ast.py”, line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File “Bob-Alpha1.2.2-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File “game/eventslist_work_bakery.rpy”, line 12, in bakery_tast_test_batter
NameError: global name ‘addha’ is not defined

AND

While running game code:
File “game/eventslist_work_bakery.rpy”, line 34, in bakery_boss_doughnuts
AttributeError: ‘RevertableList’ object has no attribute ‘push_back’

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “p_work.rpyc”, line 112, in script
File “Bob-Alpha1.2.2-pc\renpy\ast.py”, line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File “Bob-Alpha1.2.2-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File “game/eventslist_work_bakery.rpy”, line 34, in bakery_boss_doughnuts
AttributeError: ‘RevertableList’ object has no attribute ‘push_back’

Ok, so both of those have me scratching my head. They make zero sense. Best guess is both stem from save file problems. Can you send me your save file that your experiencing these with. Also what version of the game did this save come from?

The save naming is first number is the page the save is on the second number is the slot. the slots are numbered:
[1] [2] [3]
[4] [5] [6]

so if your on the first page and used the top middle slot it would be 1-2-LT1.save
or if your on the second page and pick the bottom left it would be 2-4-LT1.save

I think i have fixed both of these you should see them fixed in the release of 1.2.3.

pmed you the save, it’s from 1.2

Ok, your taxi issue is a save related problem the npcs, were not saved, i will fix it for future versions.

1 Like

Ok this is a saving issues also. To be fixed in next version.