Project Bob (Ravenous' Uncle)

Yup! I was already trying to just move past it. i’ll let you know if I find more

1 Like

Does it give you any text or just dump you straight back to closet, without explanation?(trying to pinpoint the area in code where something may be going wrong)

Also have this one

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/dp_check.rpy", line 18, in <module>
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableDict'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "start_day.rpyc", line 10, in script call
  File "dp_check.rpyc", line 16, in script
  File "C:\Users\Yuiyana\Desktop\Hmmm\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Yuiyana\Desktop\Hmmm\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.0
Tue Aug 11 15:39:22 2020
1 Like

Also cant seem to raise greed or gain weight, im actively losing it with a gull happiness meter

1 Like

I seem to be in that position where I keep getting sent to the closet menu and unable to progress, softlocking the game.

Incidentally, I’m getting the classes for a buisiness degree. Is there a way to check for progress?

1 Like

I am getting the same softlock as well actually.

As soon as something doesn’t fit by falling off or becoming to tight it just loops itself with no error code.

1 Like

which is giving me this with a bit of digging.

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "dp_check.rpyc", line 16, in script
  File "C:\Users\Yuiyana\Desktop\Hmmm\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Yuiyana\Desktop\Hmmm\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.0
Tue Aug 11 15:45:39 2020
1 Like

Found and fixed that one too. Again i think should be able to ignore and it will only skip the text related to the issue.

Weight gain is hard to do early game, the ai also controlling your character along side you to make your character not act like an insatiable glutton from day 1, and act in a manner consistent with what is known about your character. Currently there is a semi hidden stat for your character target weight(revealed sometimes) that plays a fairly big role in weather the ai tries and gains weight and a lot of other variables and choices and events affect what it is. Characters that start overweight or fat, will have the hardest time not loosing or even maintaining weight a higher weight initially. Also a lot of happiness checks are tied to your target weight so trying to defy it early game before getting better possessions ends up smacking you pretty hard with happiness penalties for being over the target weight during different events and things that happen.

If there was a hardness difficulty setting for the game it would be your starting weight the more overweight you are the more difficult the game is going to be.

Honestly i would be surprised if anyone succeeded in getting a character over 200lbs before day 100.

1 Like

The first time I get sent back it tells me I’ve outgrown my clothes. Then I change my clothes and it doesn’t tell me anything, just takes me straight back to the closet.

3 Likes

The game itself is kinda confusing, I’ve been getting some hard time trying to assign the tasks that I want and a few other things for example, but I feel that if you just fin on those minor issues the game would be great, I feel it has a lot of potential, keep up the good work!!

1 Like

Found an issue that is probably your issue, but i’m rather surprised renpy did spit out an error for it. Again i will post a update tonight or tomorrow with all the fixes for this initial wave of errors and problems. If you can send me your save file i could confirm its fixed for the next release tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

The game has a really step learning curve i’m in the process of writing some form of instructions or tutorial. It is rather complex and your character and her actions have a lot of complex logic governing what you can an cannot do, and will and will not do. It is not like quite a few other wg fetish games were from day one your pretty much acting like an insatiable glutton gaining a lot of weight, or given the option to. In fact i have chosen to take that option away and make the player earn the ability to do that, acting like an insatiable glutton. I am not likely to make it such that you can “do what ever you want” on day one. To start you have one job option and a few degree options more will be unlocked. Some options are hidden. Also all options have a check at day start to see if the selection is reasonable and inline for your character.

3 Likes

While running game code:
  File "game/p_work.rpy", line 87, in <module>
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 494, in eventsfire
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 460, in eventfire
  File "game/eventslist_general.rpy", line 11, in vending_machine
AttributeError: 'RevertableList' object has no attribute 'push_back'

Full traceback:
  File "p_work.rpyc", line 87, in script
  File "C:\Users\parna\Desktop\Games\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\parna\Desktop\Games\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/eventslist_general.rpy", line 11, in vending_machine
AttributeError: 'RevertableList' object has no attribute 'push_back'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.0
Tue Aug 11 20:42:13 2020

While running game code:
  File "game/eventslist_work_general.rpy", line 25, in coworker_leftovers
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

Full traceback:
  File "p_work.rpyc", line 87, in script
  File "C:\Users\parna\Desktop\Games\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\parna\Desktop\Games\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/eventslist_work_general.rpy", line 25, in coworker_leftovers
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.0
Tue Aug 11 20:43:14 2020
1 Like

My only problem is that every time I try to do more of an exercise routine, the AI slaps it back down to sedentary.

1 Like

How full is your fitness bar and what is your weight?

I have caught and fixed the two posted errors.

Fitness Bar is empty, weight is like, 160 or so.

1 Like

Sounds plausibly correct, idk what all your variables are but based on those two your overweight and servery out out of shape meaning your character does not wanna exercise. Walking for travel also increases fitness. Also although sedentary exercise dose not add a lot to fitness you could try doing it for 4 or 5 out of 6 actions in a day a few days in a row to get it jump started to get your fitness up.

In general you don’t necessarily want max or min of any of the stats. Maxing fitness will make it very difficult to gain weight. Max greed would make it very hard to loss weight. The game requires finding a balance of everything, to achieve your goals. The default day layout at game start is a balance of actions you currently can do. Realize you don’t need to work 7 days a week. or go to school every day. Also play with order of the actions which will effect the amount of times you have to travel.

1 Like

When receiving a degree, there’s a variable naming error in “p_school”. It uses degree_flag, but the variable name is degree_flags.

Similarly, if you try to take a job that needs a certificate you don’t have, it errors with a dictionary error in line 18 of “dp_check”. It was using an undeclared variable to retrieve the flag name from the requirement list, but changing it to use str(job_degree_requirement[day_options[ 'Work' ]]) works mostly as intended. When receiving this message, you have to click through it 3 or 4 times before it acknowledges it, not sure if that’s from the change I implemented.

For the issue with divide by zero that Parnash posted, it seems like the script isn’t able to do calories * (random number / 100), but removing the parentheses and doing calories * random number / 100 works.

1 Like

Love it!
Cant wait for more updates!

3 Likes

For everyone having problems with the looping closet, I’ve found a workaround. Just make sure you change clothes before the game tells you you’ve outgrown the ones you’re wearing. This will allow you to move further into the game until it gets updated.

1 Like